Bank Letter

Just phoned my bank manager [bangkok Bank Phetchaburi]to tell her that I would be in tomorrow to collect my letter to prove that my 800000 Baht has been in my account for more than 60 days [my 1st extension]. She informed me that it would take 3 days as she would have to get it from head office.

From all I have read on this site I'm assuming she is wrong and doe's not have a clue what she is talking about,unfortunately as this is my first attempt at getting said letter, neither do I.

I have searched the site and cannot find a sample letter that I can show this woman, can someone please point me in the right direction on this matter. Thanks.

I thought that the 800,000 Baht had to be in the account for minimum of 90 days ( 3 months) for the Extensions. Only for the first application , the money has to be in the account for minmum of 60 days. The bank letter will help, but if the officer decides to use the 90 day rule, your extension will not be granted

Shes talking out her ARSE.. Pop in and they type it whilst you wait. About 100Bht , every BKB does the same. Computer printout signed by the Manager.

Obviuously she is, but have you ever dealt with a branch in the "boonies" that knows what a farang is , but hasn't seen one other than in Big C. If she gets the letter from Bangkok it will already be outdated before it arrives. Doesn't anyone have a copy of one that they can white out the details and attach. I use the Income method.

It may be difficult for someone to forward a copy of a bank letter since Immigration always keeps the bank letter and most people probably don't make a copy. I just looked; I don't keep copies.

As mentioned, Bangkok Bank can whip this out while you wait. But, I'm dealing with a branch with many foreign customers.

If it not too much of a problem, perhaps it would be worthwhile to visit the branch in person and talk with the manager and politely ask if she can call to the head office (or a regional office) and ask someone to tell her where to find the letter on her computer. She may not have understood why you wanted the letter.

:whistling:

In my case here in Bangkok I had to wait until the next day to get my letter.

Reason was that the manager who had to sign the letter was not there at the time to sign and would not return that day until after the bank closed. (Away at a meeting I was told).

I was asked to please return the next day at 8 a.m. when the bank opened, which I did, and the signed letter was ready for me when I arrived.

Not a big problem anyhow, and easly resolved.

This was in Bangkok Bank at my local branch where I am a regular customer and well known, so I accepted their explanation of why I had to come back the next day as valid.

After all, as the saying goes, "Hey, S--t happens".

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Here is a sample letter from the Kbank:

post-3742-003293600 1280031672_thumb.jpg

This letter is from a time when combined accounts were still allowed but the basics are the same.

opalhort

Thanks for your help everyone, I have found a sample letter and will be taking it into show her this afternoon. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

This letter is from a time when combined accounts were still allowed but the basics are the same.

opalhort

Thanks for your help everyone, I have found a sample letter and will be taking it into show her this afternoon. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

If you still have a problem go to a different branch.

When You get the letter keep a copy to show next year.

opalhort

If you still have a problem go to a different branch.

When You get the letter keep a copy to show next year.

Oh I will,I'm learning fast it's fun living here isn't it ;)

Chard, did you get your bank letter?

Thanks for the heads-up about making a copy. I've never thought to do that, but my Bangkok Bank branch now has a new manager so perhaps I should have.

Question: can I go to any Bangkok Bank branch to get a bank letter -- one different from the "home branch" of the account. My old branch manager moved across town, but he said there was no point in my moving my accounts to follow him because his old branch was closer to my home and had more English-speaking employees. So, if the new manager is clueless about the bank letter, can I go visit the old manager at his new branch?