Ikea Thailand

givenall

kitchen cabinets out of stock for a while now. very disappointing dry.png

it's very disapointing for me too, i like the look of the stuff on the website and if it was in stock i'd go buy a whole kitchen today

i hate the rubish they sell in Index and Cencept, so i guess i'll just have to build my own.

sounds like Ikea is like so many other things in Thailand, good idea badly executed

i would say that the Hafele stores are well stocked and professionally run, maybe Ikea will learn a trick from them one day

Sounds like a typical Ikea. Low quality.

Are you one of those plonkers that will go around saying "Buy American"? You know that's out of date...

Hardly, like fine wine, it only gets better with age...............................................................

Tell that to our economy ;)

Unless it's from Chinese made from Walmart..

BTW did you mean the plonkers or the saying? passifier.gif

Well did you mean that "plonkers" is out of date or the saying "buy American" is? The saying of course and regardless of the economy when I go to a mostly American product stocked store like True Value for example I'm always throttled at how much higher the quality is and it really makes me long for those days which are again soon to come when I return home. The only problem is here, being imports they are prohibitively priced but in some cases still well worth it to purchase as you'd buy several competing brands over the same life span of one made in the states..

Edited by WarpSpeed

IKEA maybe not top notch but most of the stuff there is pretty decent and some do have good quality, but when it comes to Thailand everything seems to be downgraded. Probably so it suits the low middle class.

However in your world it seems that American is the only way. I remember Obama saying that once and retracted that speech fast as hell after the realization that one it's not true and two it won't work buying only American.

There are pretty good foreign and by that I mean European stores like IKEA that sell alot to the US, so I just find your remark condescending and totally unecessary

• 9 months later...

I just bought a bunch of stuff there. Why is everyone so concerned if the food is good or not? Ha.

I had never bought Ikea before. My thoughts now are that the cheap stuff really is cheap (and index quality bad). If you buy up a little, say buy a chair for 3000 baht instead of 1300 baht, it is well worth it. I feel that the middle of the road priced stuff is well worth it. This includes their wardrobes. I would NOT buy one of their cheap wardrobes. Oh god.

My favorite things so far are my leather couch and table. The couch is far superior to anything index or sb, and the same price. The table is great. Well designed, extendable, looks good, and cheap.

Getting it all home was not so bad. Probably my biggest complaint about the whole experience were the assembly instructions. I will admit, I dont work with furniture... but i've worked on cars and around the house etc. Some parts of the instructions are just pure crap, and it really wastes a lot of time and even endangers the furniture via you breaking something.

If the instructions were good, i'd not have many complaints at all.

Agreeing with an earlier poster, I had great difficulty finding this place. Prices: about the same as in Switzerland, not known as the cheapest country on the planet. We came away after buying some kitchen stuff. I looked at my wife and said: 'so we buy cheap Thai crap?', she said yes, she was relieved I think. Better than buying IKEA crap.

Love the shop, and the idea that the quality is less in Thailand then somewhere else is complete rubbish. Ikea sells the same stock all over the world. I am amazed at the ignorance of some posters. Then again the education level of most people is not that high even though they claim otherwise.

The quality depends on the price, you can buy great stuff there and cheap stuff. I bought some nice stuff there i absolutely love the shop.

• Like 1

Love the shop, and the idea that the quality is less in Thailand then somewhere else is complete rubbish. Ikea sells the same stock all over the world. I am amazed at the ignorance of some posters. Then again the education level of most people is not that high even though they claim otherwise.

The quality depends on the price, you can buy great stuff there and cheap stuff. I bought some nice stuff there i absolutely love the shop.

I agree. However faced with a choice between very expensive, by Thai standards, stuff and something that costs a tenth of the price, I tend to go for the cheap option. In Switzerland I always looked on IKEA people as being without taste, preferring traditional solid stuff. We bought a Thai wardrobe for ฿1500.- a month or two ago and it looks ok, not falling apart yet.

I agree. However faced with a choice between very expensive, by Thai standards, stuff and something that costs a tenth of the price, I tend to go for the cheap option. In Switzerland I always looked on IKEA people as being without taste, preferring traditional solid stuff. We bought a Thai wardrobe for ฿1500.- a month or two ago and it looks ok, not falling apart yet.

I bought quite a big and expensive wardrobe from Ikea, i love it. Checked the Dutch Ikea site.. similar price even found out someone i knew had the same one in Holland.

• Like 1

We bought a Thai wardrobe for ฿1500.- a month or two ago and it looks ok, not falling apart yet.

Looks like crap and is crap.

Been there, done that.

Well good for you.

I don't think I'll be inviting you round to see it, because I think you are quite rude and opininated, goodness me.

• Like 1

I'm an IKEA addict, but I agree some items are over priced.

Never found the quality an issue though!

Additionally have found INDEX to has a good selection of stylish goods now, but again some items hardly justify the the price.

Found INDEX to be a good alternative to IKEA these days, just to mix it up a bit.

'We pay our money, we take our choice', right.

• Like 1