Another Request For Serviced Apartment Advice:

cacarr

I've searched this forum and seen this joint mentioned elsewhere:

http://www.chiangmai...apartments.com/

I like this in terms of size and money:

http://www.chiangmai...Studio99-2-bed-http://www.chiangmaiservicedapartments.com/Studio99-2-bed-balcony-apartment.htmlbalcony-apartment.html

What's comparable in Chiang Mai with a better view?

Buddy of mine is coming into some substantial money this year, so money isn't a huge issue; still not looking for too much higher a price than what I linked.

Supposing we're going to hang out for a month or two, does anyone recommend somewhere else?

I appreciate the guidance.

I Know people who have stayed at Kantary Hills and loved it. It's beautiful and a great location off Nimmanheimen. It has a great pool and fitness center and nice restaurant. Didn't see anything about those features at Studio 99. I've never known anyone who stayed at Studio 99. The website looks nice and it's a great location for someone who wants to hang out in the Loi Kroh "Entertainment district" But, for me personally, I'd select Kantary Hills, considering the pool, fitness center and restaurant to be the "tie breakers" in the comparison of the two facilities.

I Know people who have stayed at Kantary Hills and loved it. It's beautiful and a great location off Nimmanheimen. It has a great pool and fitness center and nice restaurant. Didn't see anything about those features at Studio 99. I've never known anyone who stayed at Studio 99. The website looks nice and it's a great location for someone who wants to hang out in the Loi Kroh "Entertainment district" But, for me personally, I'd select Kantary Hills, considering the pool, fitness center and restaurant to be the "tie breakers" in the comparison of the two facilities.

Interesting, Nancy. Gives me something to consider, as I've been thinking that Studio 99's location is enough superior to Kantary that I'm leaning in that direction.

I'm more interested in eating while in Chiang Mai than I am in swimming or working out. :-) Hotel restaurants (unless one's in Singapore or Tokyo or the like ) probably won't excite me.

Are there any other similar places I should consider?

Interesting, Nancy. Gives me something to consider, as I've been thinking that Studio 99's location is enough superior to Kantary that I'm leaning in that direction.

I'm more interested in eating while in Chiang Mai than I am in swimming or working out. :-) Hotel restaurants (unless one's in Singapore or Tokyo or the like ) probably won't excite me.

Location wise Kantary @ Nimmanheimen is far more superior. That's the place to be see and seen. Lot's of eating places are within walking distance.

Night lifes are one of the best if not the best on Nimmanheimen Road.

Location wise Kantary @ Nimmanheimen is far more superior. That's the place to be see and seen. Lot's of eating places are within walking distance.

Fair to describe the area as a somewhat swanky, upscale shopping and dinning district populated by fashionistas and young hipsters?

Not sure that's quite what I'm after, but I might be sold. I don't necessarily need a posh neighborhood -- it does look nice, though.

If you want to eat good Thai food you need to go to the Lemon Tree opposite Kad Suan Kaew. It's not posh. It's not swanky. It's not full of the In Crowd. It's not 'superior'. It just serves good food that fills the place with Thais every night of the week.

If you want to eat good Thai food you need to go to the Lemon Tree opposite Kad Suan Kaew. It's not posh. It's not swanky. It's not full of the In Crowd. It's not 'superior'. It just serves good food that fills the place with Thais every night of the week.

biggrin.gif That's what I'm after. Thanks.

Be sure to go upstairs at the Lemon Tree for dinner. They have a nice garden terrace on the roof. Somehow it feels like an entirely different restaurant than the first floor. However, the food is the same and great on all three levels. Best to go with a group of at least four so you can order many dishes and try a little of each -- the way that Thai people dine when in a group.

Checked out Kantary Hills' availability/reservation tool on their website:

THB 8,100.00 x 4 Nights + THB 7,300.00 x 2 Nights + THB 5,800.00 x 25 Nights

Total Cost: THB 192,000.00

blink.gif ... nice place, but upwards of 6,000 USD is a little hard to justify.

Edited by cacarr

Checked out Kantary Hills' availability/reservation tool on their website:

THB 8,100.00 x 4 Nights + THB 7,300.00 x 2 Nights + THB 5,800.00 x 25 Nights

Total Cost: THB 192,000.00

blink.gif ... nice place, but upwards of 6,000 USD is a little hard to justify.

I know they have a few residents there and i'm sure they don't pay that kind of money go in there and speak with them and see what you can arrange .

Every time my family come to thailand they stay there , my dad books on the internet though an agent and not directly though kantary hills and it seems to be cheaper .

http://www.kantarygr...tes_reserv.html

The link to the monthly rates. Gives them a mail they might be able to offer you better monthly rates.

I get it. They have a very large idiot tax at that establishment. whistling.gif

I'll assume that a figure much smaller than the quoted one I posted is possible.

I'm just thinking that for that sort of cash (THB 192,000), I can probably get a modest 1-bedroom serviced apartment in Roppongi, or somewhere in Hong Kong, or something...

http://www.kantarygr...tes_reserv.html

The link to the monthly rates. Gives them a mail they might be able to offer you better monthly rates.

Monthly guest’s benefits:

Free arrival & departure transfer to Phuket Airport via shared mini-van

Complimentary daily buffet breakfast

Free boat day trip to Coral Island (excludes lunch)

Free, once a week roundtrip transfer to Phuket Town via shared mini-van

10% discount for laundry service and shopping at Panwa Bay Village

Free use of Cape Panwa’s beach and non-motorized water sport activities and fitness center

Seriously, you'd have thought at those prices they'd have wriiten a Chiang Mai version, not just copy and pasted Phuket and called it Chiang Mai.

Remarks:

Monthly rates are subject to 10% serviced charge and VAT, per room per month

Or is it this one?

Monthly rates :

are subject to 5% serviced charge and VAT. per room per month.

Anyway, I thought VAT was 7%, so not sure how 5% is going to cover it.

Not to mention that they are displaying two different prices for 1st January to 31st March. As well as a free airport shuttle that might cost 1000Baht and inclusive American Breakfast that might cost 4000 Baht.

Surely an accurate website is not too much to ask at those prices.

... Best to go with a group of at least four so you can order many dishes and try a little of each -- the way that Thai people dine when in a group.

Only coming with 2 people, but I'll be surprised if we can't talk some new friends into having a big meal with us. :-)