Google Ads

Crossy

There was a small earthquake near where the server is hosted, causing our webserver to lean to the right. This resulted in all the pages sliding over to the right hand side of the page.

We apoligise for any inconvenience.

cv

Statistically ads placed on the left get more clicks. Google has a "heat map" to guide webmasters as to the most "clickable" spots to place ads. The webmaster will go by this map if his want to direct most of his traffic to the ads.

Edited by ~G~

Statistically ads placed on the left get more clicks. Google has a "heat map" to guide webmasters as to the most "clickable" spots to place ads. The webmaster will go by this map if his want to direct most of his traffic to the ads.

Hey, I wasn't expecting sensible answers :o

Don't they get more clicks because people (me) expect menus to be on the left and less important content (commercials) to be on the right (well in left-to-right reading countries anyway)?

Hey, I wasn't expecting sensible answers :o

Oooops, sorry, won't happen again :D

Don't they get more clicks because people (me) expect menus to be on the left and less important content (commercials) to be on the right (well in left-to-right reading countries anyway)?

Yeah, used to left to right reading, you start scanning the page from the left. Interesting ad on the left? click... ($$$) :D

There was a small earthquake near where the server is hosted, causing our webserver to lean to the right. This resulted in all the pages sliding over to the right hand side of the page.

We apoligise for any inconvenience.

cv

:D:D:D Very good! I did try lifting up the right side of my PC, but....

But for me - like Thetyim - I now get a blank strip down the left instead of down the right. :o

Bloody horrible, i spent ages getting used to the ads on the right , now you move them to the left, making very annoying trying to read threads.

No more, i used to click on 2 ads everyday to help support the site, but not anymore, no more clicks from me :o

I see your reading this huski. Please put them back on the right. Its like when Asda change everything round in the shop, it is just bloody annoying. Its making my eyes go all funny, and i am leaning to one side while i try and read the posts :o

No more, i used to click on 2 ads everyday to help support the site, but not anymore, no more clicks from me

Thousands of dollars invested in dedicated servers, unlimited use for no charge to the user, a couple dozen people volunteering their time to make sure the problems are fixed, spammers (we get dozens a day) are kept out, and problems with accounts/emails/cookies/etc are sorted.

And now the ads have been moved!

We can be so cruel sometimes. :o:D:D