Gunmen attack NATO tankers in southern Pakistan, killing driver

News_Editor

Gunmen attack NATO tankers in southern Pakistan, killing driver

2011-12-13 17:48:56 GMT+7 (ICT)

KARACHI, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- A group of gunmen launched an attack on NATO tankers in southern Pakistan on early Monday morning, destroying a number of them and killing one driver, officials said on Tuesday.

Senior Pakistani police official Inayat Bugti told Geo TV that a group of at least eight gunmen attacked a NATO convoy in the Dadar town of Bolan district, which is located about 90 kilometers (55.9 miles) southwest of Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan.

The attack took place as the convoy of tankers returned to the port city of Karachi after being unable to enter Afghanistan. NATO supply convoys were barred from using the Pakistan-Afghanistan border last month after NATO forces crossed the border from Afghanistan and carried out several airstrikes in the Mohmand Agency of Pakistan's tribal areas, killing 24 Pakistani troops.

During Monday's attack, Bugti said, a driver of one of the supply tankers suffered a gunshot wound to the head, killing him. The gunmen then went on to set the tanker and seven others on fire, but the other drivers managed to escape safely.

Foreign troops in Afghanistan commonly receive supplies and equipment through Pakistan, and Taliban and al-Qaeda attacks against NATO trucks and tankers are not uncommon. On Thursday, insurgents attacked a temporary NATO trucking terminal in Quetta, destroying at least 34 oil tankers and containers.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-12-13

It already costs close to $60 per gallon for gas. So, it now appears to be open season for tough guys in Pakistan to shoot at big lumbering gas trucks. What's next - blowing up ships in the ports? Uh Oh, hope I'm not giving them any new ideas.

Too bad the youth of Pakistan are so screwed by their deist and skewed beliefs - that they don't know up from down or right from wrong. Here's my holiday wish for the youth of Middle East: May you all be able to experience green forests, clean water, unbridaled joy, fair-minded parents, and teachers who challenge you to delve deep in to the nysteries of science and nature. Instead of parents and teachers which compel you to delve in to the weirdness and hatred of bias, vindictiveness, jealousies, and the endless other debilitations which stem from a mean-spirited religion and intractible belief systems.

It already costs close to $60 per gallon for gas. So, it now appears to be open season for tough guys in Pakistan to shoot at big lumbering gas trucks. What's next - blowing up ships in the ports? Uh Oh, hope I'm not giving them any new ideas.

Too bad the youth of Pakistan are so screwed by their deist and skewed beliefs - that they don't know up from down or right from wrong. Here's my holiday wish for the youth of Middle East: May you all be able to experience green forests, clean water, unbridaled joy, fair-minded parents, and teachers who challenge you to delve deep in to the nysteries of science and nature. Instead of parents and teachers which compel you to delve in to the weirdness and hatred of bias, vindictiveness, jealousies, and the endless other debilitations which stem from a mean-spirited religion and intractible belief systems.

"Among the most humorous findings of my lifetime was the White Man's notion that he is less savage than the savages"

Mark Twain