Fixed Term Deposit Account For Extension?

I just run the passbook thru the update machine the same day that I get the bank letter. The Bangkok Bank machines will print out the current balance and date, even if the balance hasn't changed since the previous updating.

My partner has a fixed deposit with Bangkok Bank which he used for his last retirement extension, and I have a TMB fixed deposit that I am planning to use for my next extension coming in December. I went to both banks yesterday and tried to print out the current balances and date using the machine. Well.... As NancyL said, only the Bangkok Bank printed out the current balance with the current date even though the balance hasnt changed since last update. My TMB didn't! So I went in and talked to the bank rep Ho told me they only print the balance at maturity, but they will issue an accompanying letter for immigration stating the amount I have in the account...... I told her that the letter alone will not be good enough! My TMB fixed account matures on the 26th of this month.... I am moving to Bangkok Bank.

Normally a teller can print out a current balance and suspect TMB could have done - but may have required asking a supervisor to do. I have seen the same said by many about K-Bank accounts but have actually had them do so I know it can be done - but it did take about 2 minutes of computer usage to get it printed (and being directed to do so by manager).

Mine was accepted at Sriracha this time no problem aqnd no worries, apart from a short consultation between the officer looking after me and the one in charge.

I always go to ask if my fixed account is acceptable 14 weeks prior to going for my renewal and usually get a yes BUT things change frequently at Immigration so be carefull.

I,ve just put mine into one that gives a rate of interest for one year and if you cancel prior to the completion, it pays out at the reduced 3, 6, 9 month rate. ( Kasikorn Bank )

I would advise a similar arrangement and if need be put it into your current account if anyone asked me. ( at least 3 full months prior by the way )

marshbags wink.png

Normally a teller can print out a current balance and suspect TMB could have done - but may have required asking a supervisor to do. I have seen the same said by many about K-Bank accounts but have actually had them do so I know it can be done - but it did take about 2 minutes of computer usage to get it printed (and being directed to do so by manager).

Thank you lopburi3 - I was a systems analyst for a bank and wrote many of their programs so I do know that they are capable of printing on demand. The problem is if the wrong person at the bank on the day that you need it, you could be out of luck. I would rather be on the safe side and put the money in a bank where it is a normal procedure not a special request. My money is moving to Bank of Bangkok :-).