Galaxy Tab 7 Plus

Sakeopete

Seen this in Malaysia, very nice I must say. http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/7.0/index.html?type=find

It is 3G with wifi channel bonding said to double speed.

It can be used as a phone without a blue tooth head set.

It is selling for RM 1690 in Labuan. Thailand should have it in January.

I'm tempted but I already have the original 7" Galaxy Tab and a Galaxy Note.

Oops spelled Tab wrong on topic Mods please fix.

Edited by Sakeopete

Samsung are amazing, no end to the breadth of their product line.... SGS2 - Nexus - Note - Tab 7 Plus - Tab 7.7 - Tab 8.9 - Tab 10.1 - Tab 11.6 (rumored). Sure beats that other vendor which broadens their product line with a white version. :whistling:

The Tab 7.7 might be a better platform than the 7 Plus? Super Amoled screen and higher resolution, faster CPU.

The WiFi channel bonding seems superfluous; 54 Mbps won't be a short-straw in any application?

Samsung are amazing, no end to the breadth of their product line.... SGS2 - Nexus - Note - Tab 7 Plus - Tab 7.7 - Tab 8.9 - Tab 10.1 - Tab 11.6 (rumored). Sure beats that other vendor which broadens their product line with a white version. :whistling:

The Tab 7.7 might be a better platform than the 7 Plus? Super Amoled screen and higher resolution, faster CPU.

The WiFi channel bonding seems superfluous; 54 Mbps won't be a short-straw in any application?

I was at the new Central Plaza on Ratchadapisek (across from Fortune Town) that opened on Wednesday. It is at the MRT Rama 9 station (they even have an exit from the station that takes you straight into the phone and gadget area.)

They have branded areas for Sony/Ericsson, HTC, Samsung, and others. For what it's worth, I asked the Samsung guy if they have a launch date for the Tab 7.7 in Thailand and he said it was January 10th.

We'll see . . .

The 7.7 does look the Bee's Knee's :D

a.png

b.png

I personally do believe in Tab 7.7's potential, but again, it is Samsung and they may screw it like they screwed 8.9" and 10.1". You can read some of my criticism on techsinfo. I tried them both and they are pretty bad. I even sold my Galaxy Note as I was very disappointed with the battery life. Of course some of you may be fine with it, at least lag-wise Note was slightly better than big tabs. I am not a Samsung hater, I still do own good old Galaxy Tab, which I think turned out alright for Samsung, especially sales wise.

The Tab Plus should be here within a week, for 15,900 baht. If you need some tech related news from a point of view of a person who lives in Thailand you might want to add me on twitter.

Good luck

Edited by greggyz

I own a 10.1 and its excellent. I dont know how you could think it is 'bad'. Its amazing.

If your point of reference is LG's G-Slate or some other extremely laggy devices such as Chinese resistive-screen based APads and similar nonsense I do understand you but there are quite a few devices in the same price range that make Samsung's 8.9 and 10.0 inchers fade.

I own a 10.1 and its excellent. I dont know how you could think it is 'bad'. Its amazing.

It comes form you point of reference... I have a IPad 2... And I can really notice the lagginess of the 10.1...

The problem is that Samsung (or any Android based hardware manufacturer) did not design and build the software (Which is really a hodgepodge 3rd party apps) from ground up to be optimized for their hardware...

PS... I am not a Apple fanboy as I have owned more Android devices than Apple and am also in line to buy the 1.4mghz Oled 7.7 that will hopefully be out in January

Edited by sfokevin

If your point of reference is LG's G-Slate or some other extremely laggy devices such as Chinese resistive-screen based APads and similar nonsense I do understand you but there are quite a few devices in the same price range that make Samsung's 8.9 and 10.0 inchers fade.

Like what?

Like what?

Sony Tablet S, EEE Pad Slider, Asus Transformer, Motorola Xoom (heavy though) unfortunately people at Samsung seem not to care about user experience and smoothness of UI but I do believe they got pretty lucky with Galaxy S2 phone.

Edit: not to mention the devices that have just come out or coming up within this year (but that would be a little unfair as Sammys are a little older)

Edited by greggyz

I haven't seen any difference in 'lagginess' between the iPad2 and Tab 10.1, (OK, I only used them for ~ 45 minutes each), maybe there was something wrong with the unit? The Tab has a slightly larger display, with higher resolution and much better color/contrast so maybe that contributed to the perceived difference?

Edited by lomatopo

I haven't seen any difference in 'lagginess' between the iPad2 and Tab 10.1, (OK, I only used them for ~ 45 minutes each), maybe there was something wrong with the unit? The Tab has a slightly larger display, with higher resolution and much better color/contrast so maybe that contributed to the perceived difference?

Now I do sense some ignorance, Galaxy Tabs 8.9 and 10.1 have officially the worst color reproduction as well as depth of black amongst IPS panel devices. I refuse to believe that you ever had a big Tab next to any other IPS screens.

• 7 months later...

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus for the wife 3 or 4 months ago and she just doesn't use it. Anybody interested. These sell for 15,900b and this one includes 200-3000b in extras like 32GB memory card, case, screen protector, etc and I am asking 12,000 for everything including receipt packaging etc. Its absolutely like new. BTW, I am in Chiang Mai.