Question About Extending A 30 Day Entry Stamp

I'm a Brit. who's 30 day entry stamp expires on the 22nd December.

I have a ticket to leave Thailand on the 31st. December. Therefore i need to get permission to stay another 9 days.

Can i get this if i go to immigration, with my ticket?

Alternatively, what's my best/cheapest option?

Thanks for any help.

The most you would get is a 7 day under consideration period for 1900 Baht and they may not grant that if the ticket is not valid within that period. Perhaps consider a border run if you do not want to overstay, 15 day visa exempt entry would most likely be granted.

Edited by beechguy

The most you would get is a 7 day under consideration period for 1900 Baht and they may not grant that if the ticket is not valid within that period. Perhaps consider a border run if you do not want to overstay, 15 day visa exempt entry would most likely be granted.

I was here on a retirement visa for 3 years. I let that expire and now i'm on my 2nd, 30 day entry stamp. I have a ticket to leave BKK-LON on the 31st.

What are my chances of being refused a 15 day visa exempt if i do a border run? I've never done one before.

Cheers

I was here on a retirement visa for 3 years. I let that expire and now i'm on my 2nd, 30 day entry stamp. I have a ticket to leave BKK-LON on the 31st.

What are my chances of being refused a 15 day visa exempt if i do a border run? I've never done one before.

Cheers

It shouldn't be a problem at all, the only people who may run into a problem are those who cross the border numerous times, the officers may start to ask questions.

Based on posts by members, you should have no problem at all getting the visa-exempt permission to stay for 15 days. Take your electronic ticket for the flight out of Thailand with you, just in case you should be asked for it, but I doubt very much that this question will come up.

Based on posts by members, you should have no problem at all getting the visa-exempt permission to stay for 15 days. Take your electronic ticket for the flight out of Thailand with you, just in case you should be asked for it, but I doubt very much that this question will come up.

What if someone were to stay two days over? What would be the penalty?

The reason I ask is because I am getting to BKK on June 12 and staying till July 14. What are my options? I thought I read somewhere that for every day you overstay, you must pay approximately 480 baht? Is this a "big deal"? Do I need to worry about them putting any funny stamps in my passport?

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks.

The fine is 500 baht per day.

They will put an overstay stamp in your passport.

They could put you in jail and send you to court. Not likely but it has happened; so not 100% safe.

Thanks for the quick response. What exactly does an overstay stamp entail? Banned from LOS? Do a weekend in jail? Pay the fine and get on the plane?

I know TIT rules apply, but I'd like to know some plausible scenarios to this issue of having an overstay stamp in my passport...

As said, for Thailand none so far.

But it would also depend on your nationality and which other countries you might want to visit. The US and EU-countries will note the stamp and take it into consideration when one has to apply for a visa for their countries.

From past threads here on this forum on the topic of overstay I got the impression that if you simply show up at the airport on your departure day it's a relatively simple process of paying the fine and getting the stamp in your passport.

HOWEVER, if during your overstay period, you are stopped on the street and/or arrested for any reason and found to be on overstay, THEN you are in Big Trouble, possibly sent to the Immigrations detention center and deported.

Is that not the correct remembrance of these discussions?