cardholder

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just found another problem.

To attach a file I had to go to "More Reply Options" options but then got the error message "The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags" and was not able to post sad.png

post-35075-0-78965000-1324863501_thumb.j

Just to be clear this error message is from the origional post not not from my reply :-)

That error is actually because you have more than 4 nested quotes.

OK Got that

:-)

New Problem: Somebody sent me a PM, so I received a notification by email with a link. I click on that link, and instead of being taken to that message, the forum's main page opens in the browser.

Another thing: The email notifications used to be in plain-text but are now in HTML. I prefer plain-text. Is there a setting I didn't find?

ok thanks, can see now, but where has the reply to a post button gone? , all i see is report - Multi quote and quote?

Agree 100%. The new button names are misnomers, I need a "reply" button.

I'd certainly agree about that... "Reply" makes a whole lot more sense than "quote."

And same with the "teardrop" icon... Is anyone supposed to guess from the icon what exactly that function is supposed to do? It's totally non-intuitive.

ok thanks, can see now, but where has the reply to a post button gone? , all i see is report - Multi quote and quote?

Agree 100%. The new button names are misnomers, I need a "reply" button.

I'd certainly agree about that... "Reply" makes a whole lot more sense than "quote."

And same with the "teardrop" icon... Is anyone supposed to guess from the icon what exactly that function is supposed to do? It's totally non-intuitive.

If you mouse over it it shows description.

I'm getting notifications if someone quotes my nested post (ie quotes someone who has quoted me). Is that intentional?

Check you notifications seeings and untick the ones you don't want.

The only thing I have checked is "Notify when someone quotes my post". Currently, I am getting notified when someone quotes a post that quoted my post.

I'm getting notifications if someone quotes my nested post (ie quotes someone who has quoted me). Is that intentional?

Check you notifications seeings and untick the ones you don't want.

The only thing I have checked is "Notify when someone quotes my post". Currently, I am getting notified when someone quotes a post that quoted my post.

I am not 100% but it may work as intended.

So I don't see a lot of positive comments. Don't see any reason why the change should have been done. You guys wasted developer's time and somebody's money. But since the site only costs me my time, that is not my problem. As others have said:

Edit function was not working or not obvious.

Colors and fonts and contrast are terrible.

Why even bother changing things that worked OK before? Typical softwaretrap. People can't keep their hands out of things. This is a classic example of why so many software projects around the world over run cost and schedule. People can't stick to a design or an interface.

So I don't see a lot of positive comments. Don't see any reason why the change should have been done. You guys wasted developer's time and somebody's money. But since the site only costs me my time, that is not my problem. As others have said:

Why even bother changing things that worked OK before? Typical softwaretrap. People can't keep their hands out of things. This is a classic example of why so many software projects around the world over run cost and schedule. People can't stick to a design or an interface.

Pretty much sums it up

Can you move the "Report" button to the other side of the screen? I keep clicking on it when I mean to reply. Yeah, I know that's my fault for not reading the butoon name properly, but its still inconvenient. Oh and I see this post has a really tiny font for some reason.

Same thing happening to me. Good suggestion.

Can you move the "Report" button to the other side of the screen? I keep clicking on it when I mean to reply. Yeah, I know that's my fault for not reading the butoon name properly, but its still inconvenient. Oh and I see this post has a really tiny font for some reason.

You should click on the "report" button. You want to report that the report button is in the wrong place and there is no "reply" button!

Quote is only for when you want to include a previous post which is NOT something you always want to do.

Precisely, if you want to quote a poster, you hit the quote button, if you want to quote several hit the mutli quote button (limit 4)

If you just want to reply to the topic you use the large reply box at the bottom.

Has the issue of why posters no long have "Member since __date__" any longer?

I thought this was an informative feature.

Oh, and I thought on the first page we might have had an explanation of why the change was made at all, but I see nothing there.

So what was the official explanation of why the change was made?

Edited by insertmembernamehere

Pretty much sums it up

I think it's only been explained a dozen times. Maybe you missed it. The old version wasn't being supported any more, so they had to upgrade.

Has the issue of why posters no long have "Member since __date__" any longer?

I thought this was an informative feature.

Oh, and I thought on the first page we might have had an explanation of why the change was made at all, but I see nothing there.

So what was the official explanation of why the change was made?

Hover your mouse over the user name and their details will show.

Read a few more posts and you will see the explanation for the upgrade several times.

I don't know what "not supported" means because I am not a forum software person, but never mind; this is apparently what will be used and no sense grousing about what it used to be like.

Having said that, not reading all 12 pages, but skimming a few, it seems that one might do well to post a tutorial with the owner's manual on how to use the features of this model of forum. I had tried rolling over the avatar and around there but didn't think to try the name. So either I am stupid or have no intuition with these things, or both.

I don't know what "not supported" means because I am not a forum software person, but never mind; this is apparently what will be used and no sense grousing about what it used to be like.

Having said that, not reading all 12 pages, but skimming a few, it seems that one might do well to post a tutorial with the owner's manual on how to use the features of this model of forum. I had tried rolling over the avatar and around there but didn't think to try the name. So either I am stupid or have no intuition with these things, or both.

Manual/help files: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=help

I think you answered this some pages back, but I can't find it. How does one embed a Youtube video, now that the "Insert Media" button is gone? BTW, will it be coming back?

Putting in the link works now!

If it is an embedded one or a related one though in the address, navigate to the real one first with the video code at youtube, then it will work.

Edited by Jingthing