90 Day Repoting

UmpaLumpa

Your original passport +

1. Copy of passport Face Page

2. Copy of latest Immigration Permission to Stay Stamp

3. Copy of TM Departure Card (this is the white card that should be stapled in your passport)

4. Copy of a document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)

And fill out form TM47 at the office or you can download from internet and have ready.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Item 4 - depends on the office and official. Often not required, but be prepared.

I always pick up a few TM 47 forms when I do a 90 day report.

On the day I go to do the report, I fill out the TM 47 at home, stick it in my passport and present the passport and the form to the lady who operates the copy machine in the restaurant behind Immigration. She knows what needs to be copied. Sit down and sign and date the forms in the restaurant and then go into Immigration and get your queue number.

No need to run around making copies before you go and agonize over whether you copied all the necessary pages. The copy lady knows!

On the day I go to do the report, I fill out the TM 47 at home, stick it in my passport and present the passport and the form to the lady who operates the copy machine in the restaurant behind Immigration. She knows what needs to be copied. Sit down and sign and date the forms in the restaurant and then go into Immigration and get your queue number.

No need to run around making copies before you go and agonize over whether you copied all the necessary pages. The copy lady knows!

Ditto!

I have a pdf file with the TM47 form already filled out and all the necessary pages of my passport that have been scanned so it is all in one file. I just print that pdf file out and sign the pages and done and dusted quickly.

Went in yesterday at about 10:30 got a number 59995 they were on 592.

I just went and stood against the wall by the far right desk with every thing in my hand she just looked and waved me forward. We walked to the Mall and got there about 10:50.

Yes ye old nay sayers the same day. LOL

I have a pdf file with the TM47 form already filled out and all the necessary pages of my passport that have been scanned so it is all in one file. I just print that pdf file out and sign the pages and done and dusted quickly.

Snap, I do the exact same thing for the TM47 and the TM7. All my documents already scanned into my PC. I just change the date in the pdf file, press print, and everything rolls off the printer.

Snap, I do the exact same thing for the TM47 and the TM7. All my documents already scanned into my PC. I just change the date in the pdf file, press print, and everything rolls off the printer.

Not all of us have printers. Some of us with printers have figured out it's cheaper to use the Immigration dept's forms and pay the copy lady. Sure, it's not a big difference, but our printer is such a PITA to use, it's easier to go to the copy lady.

Having said that, I may re-think my actions if I encounter another line at the copy lady like I found this week. What is with all the Burmese who have suddenly shown up at Immigration? I don't recall the place being full of Burmese last year.

Nancy I think there is a huge increase in CM of Burmese construction workers and,I presume, they have to report as we do. This creates a problem for them, as a Thai guy explained to me, he was there to help them as they could not read or write Thai,and obviously English.

Nancy I think there is a huge increase in CM of Burmese construction workers and,I presume, they have to report as we do. This creates a problem for them, as a Thai guy explained to me, he was there to help them as they could not read or write Thai,and obviously English.

They must be employed en masse by some very large construction company then, as they all appear at the same time. I presume they're earning a state sanctioned pittance?

....................., I may re-think my actions if I encounter another line at the copy lady like I found this week. What is with all the Burmese who have suddenly shown up at Immigration? I don't recall the place being full of Burmese last year.

Was there yesterday and see that the copy lady now has a separate queue for the Burmese guys. We assorted "other farangs" get to jump the queue!rolleyes.gif

The issue of many Burmese/Myanmar citizens at CM Imm is due to an amnesty for foreign migrant workers, who are required to register and do 90 day address reporting just like every other farang. Was instituted under the previous gov't.

This has been the situation for about a year- I remember going in late Sept 2010 and seeing literally a hundred people on the left-side office lawn, sidewalk in front, etc. Everytime I drive past Imm I crane my neck to see the situation- it always seems packed to the gills, to me.

Nothing new with this situation.

The issue of many Burmese/Myanmar citizens at CM Imm is due to an amnesty for foreign migrant workers, who are required to register and do 90 day address reporting just like every other farang.

That's nice, now if they could just start being generous to the thousands of poor sods trapped in the refugee camps all the way from Mae Hong Song to Sanghalaburi, then that would be a good gesture.