Tvs Person Of The Year..

cliffer

I just had the last 5months working in bangkok and phuket in the hotel industry. This website seems to have a very wide and diversed audience. As its almost years end, I was thinking does or has TV ever had or run a thread on finding "TVs Man or Person or Character of the Year"...?

There is the Times Person of the Year/ CNN Person of the Year/ etc etc... if there is,or was such a thing or award,what would be the/ some of the critera that the judges would be looking for amongst the characters or contributors here.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soidog's John Dalley. I thing the guy did a fantastic job with his organization, volunteers and supporters to provide much needed help and assistance during the flooding.

I have the greatest admiration and respect for all of the people associated with soidog and its associates at SCAD Bangkok for there mission(s) of mercy and ongoing commitment to make Thailand a better place.

soidog's John Dalley. I thing the guy did a fantastic job with his organization, volunteers and supporters to provide much needed help and assistance during the flooding.

I have the greatest admiration and respect for all of the people associated with soidog and its associates at SCAD Bangkok for there mission(s) of mercy and ongoing commitment to make Thailand a better place.

I agree about John Dalley (Soi Dogs).

How he has managed to continue for so long is beyond me!

But, is he a TV poster? I suspect he has far too many other things to worry about to bother posting on TV.

My vote goes to KerryK - for his wit, life experiences and willingness to impart his knowledge on all things Thai related to TV newbies. Speaking of which, havent seen any posts from him in the last couple of months. Hope he is OK

Runner up would be ludditeman - for similar reasons to above and he seems to be a bit of a character.

Ian is on a rather long involutary "holiday" and got in a motorcycle accident last week, but he is OK.

Ian who??

Forbes I assume. I've been tempted a couple of times to post a thread in the Chiang Mai forum to see if there had been any IF sightings. He was due in in early Novemeber and i just couldn't believe he hasn't come up for air yet.

Just a point of info.

While some know me for my polls, I really don't do very many of them anymore. I used to do a lot of POLITICALLY oriented polls but they are no longer permitted. Other ideas don't pop into my head as often as they used to and when they do after I think about them for awhile, I realize how silly most of them are and don't do them. My regrets.

Just a point of info.

While some know me for my polls, I really don't do very many of them anymore.

Your restaurant reviews are excellent and a lot of your threads/posts are interesting or funny. Most of the political posts are down-right wacky, but no one is perfect. I still think you deserve an award for making the forum a better place.

award_ribbon_red_1st-167x232.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

I just had the last 5months working in bangkok and phuket in the hotel industry. This website seems to have a very wide and diversed audience. As its almost years end, I was thinking does or has TV ever had or run a thread on finding "TVs Man or Person or Character of the Year"...?

There is the Times Person of the Year/ CNN Person of the Year/ etc etc... if there is,or was such a thing or award,what would be the/ some of the critera that the judges would be looking for amongst the characters or contributors here.

Now you've confused me....which admittedly isn't too difficult.

When you posted "the Times / CNN Person", I thought you meant international person or character.

It seems others have taken it to mean a Thai Visa poster or moderator. Have to give this some serious thought, but my choice definitely won't be the one others have picked, as I believe one of the criteria must be politeness, or at the very least civility. I'd also go for someone who is helpful to other members, without putting them down, and someone who doesn't post for the sake of causing or prolonging arguments, (which admittedly rules out quite a few). A poster with a sense of humour might also be good. What do other members think the criteria should be ?

Ian, entertaining, laced with openess and honesty, tinged with a little humour, and surprisingly a leaning towards nieivety for his age, great photos, a poster whose input is to be enjoyed, a man who can see comedy in himself and laugh along with his detractors.

Now you've confused me....which admittedly isn't too difficult.

When you posted "the Times / CNN Person", I thought you meant international person or character.

It seems others have taken it to mean a Thai Visa poster or moderator. Have to give this some serious thought, but my choice definitely won't be the one others have picked, as I believe one of the criteria must be politeness, or at the very least civility. I'd also go for someone who is helpful to other members, without putting them down, and someone who doesn't post for the sake of causing or prolonging arguments, (which admittedly rules out quite a few). A poster with a sense of humour might also be good. What do other members think the criteria should be ?

Ok so you'll be voting for George

Just a point of info.

While some know me for my polls, I really don't do very many of them anymore. I used to do a lot of POLITICALLY oriented polls but they are no longer permitted. Other ideas don't pop into my head as often as they used to and when they do after I think about them for awhile, I realize how silly most of them are and don't do them. My regrets.

Aw, don't be so modest:

Don't know what happened to the "insert media" button.

Aw, don't be so modest:

Don't know what happened to the "insert media" button.

Yours didn't work because your link had RELATED in the address. Just navigate to the source link (using the code, in this case rl_NpdAy3WY) and paste the full original source youtube link in. Simples.

Edited by Jingthing

Ian banned ohmy.png I am gasted and flabbered. What next. angry.png

If Ian is banned (which I find hard to believe) JT ought to start a poll "Should Ian be reinstated immediately". Could prove to be the only occasion when TV members have been agreement.

I agree - he is sorely missed. I take it, when banned, one cannot access PMs either.

SC

Ian banned ohmy.png I am gasted and flabbered. What next. angry.png

If Ian is banned (which I find hard to believe) JT ought to start a poll "Should Ian be reinstated immediately". Could prove to be the only occasion when TV members have been agreement.

I agree - he is sorely missed. I take it, when banned, one cannot access PMs either.

SC

I think the word was "suspended" folks not banned..