Agoda Thai Phone Number

punisher

Agoda has no telephone number in Bangkok and has removed the submit button from the email section on its webpage. My wife was asked to pay an additional Bt500 by the hotel and when she complained the Hotel said that she must contact Agoda office. On The voucher it gives a UK telephone number. My wife is Thai she paid for the room in Thai Baht with a Thai credit card and she is expected to phone the UK!! I doubt if they have people answering in Thai and what of the cost? I was mad when I arrived to find my wife waiting for 4 hours unable to get the room she had paid for. The hotel said that the rate was bt500 more than the voucher. I have tried to contact Agoda. I phoned the UK and was asked to press all sorts of numbers and then was cut off.

Agoda should not sell accommodation in Thailand without an office or means of contacting them, Perhaps it is because they want to avoid paying any tax in Thailand? How can I now rectify this. They should be reported to relative authorities in Thailand and have their website closed down.

Agoda has no telephone number in Bangkok and has removed the submit button from the email section on its webpage. My wife was asked to pay an additional Bt500 by the hotel and when she complained the Hotel said that she must contact Agoda office. On The voucher it gives a UK telephone number. My wife is Thai she paid for the room in Thai Baht with a Thai credit card and she is expected to phone the UK!! I doubt if they have people answering in Thai and what of the cost? I was mad when I arrived to find my wife waiting for 4 hours unable to get the room she had paid for. The hotel said that the rate was bt500 more than the voucher. I have tried to contact Agoda. I phoned the UK and was asked to press all sorts of numbers and then was cut off.

Agoda should not sell accommodation in Thailand without an office or means of contacting them, Perhaps it is because they want to avoid paying any tax in Thailand? How can I now rectify this. They should be reported to relative authorities in Thailand and have their website closed down.

Thats exactly what I read in some hotel reviews,hotel asking for more money,.!guy paid what the hotel wanted,then sent email to agoda,but never got any reply here is a link about a hotel owner who expalins how Agoda is working

Sounds like an odd experience Gamini...

I usually choose Expedia.. but I haven't had any problems with Agoda as of yet..

if the Hotel asked for more id tell them to sod off....very nicely

Well actually you are right,but lets say you arrive late at night,maybe you drove long time,maybe your kids want to sleep,or maybe its high season,other hotels are fully booked,or just to far away,so i guess then you will pay the price the hotel is asking for,and in that casr I think Agoda should have a Thaiphonenumber,Agoda has an office in Bkk,so why no phonenumber from Thailand?On their website they show only a UK

+44 number,so whats the point if i have to call UK for a few min for whatever price,what costs me even more money,looks like a scam for me

Sounds like an odd experience Gamini...

I usually choose Expedia.. but I haven't had any problems with Agoda as of yet..

if the Hotel asked for more id tell them to sod off....very nicely

Well actually you are right,but lets say you arrive late at night,maybe you drove long time,maybe your kids want to sleep,or maybe its high season,other hotels are fully booked,or just to far away,so i guess then you will pay the price the hotel is asking for,and in that casr I think Agoda should have a Thaiphonenumber,Agoda has an office in Bkk,so why no phonenumber from Thailand?On their website they show only a UK

+44 number,so whats the point if i have to call UK for a few min for whatever price,what costs me even more money,looks like a scam for me

That is true. You are there, they have you over a barrel. If you want to stay you have to pay more money to get the room.

I'd be interested in what Agoda has to say about it all.

I have heard people say, and it seems true, that Agoda deletes negative comments about hotels from its reviews. So it might also delete negative comments about itself!!

IOnce I accidentally booked the wrong date on a hotel and needed to get a refund (I had booked teh wrong month and since it was kind of last minute, had to book a second time for the correct date) , the hotel called agoda's office for me, told them they were happy to issue the refund and the refund was given. Did you ask the hotel for the Agoda number?

Thanks alot,I did use google to find agoda number,with no success,i finally found it on www.agoda.co.th

Anyway I think Agoda don't want to deal with angry customers.Yesterday I finaly booked a hotel with hotels2thailand,no idea they are better or not,but at least they have a Thai phone number on their website,I still think if they have a postal mail address on their website,why not also provide a Thai phone number,like i said before no point in calling a Uk nunber from Thailand,it can't be that the customer has to google for a phone number,besides that if u arrived at your hotel,and find out they want more money,it might be a bit difficult to google,,Ok again thanks for link

More and more companies make it very difficult if not downright impossible to CONTACT them via phone or email....the only thing that they make easy is to BUY somethiing from them.

I have no desire to buy anything from a company that HIDES their contact information or makes it very very difficult to find.

Makes me wonder why they are hiding and how will they respond if i have a problem with a product i bought from them. Of course the reason they do it is they don't want to have to hire stafff to answer problems from those pesky customers.

Do not do biz with these type companies ...there are many other choices.

And the funny thing is, Agoda is a Thai company that was founded in Phuket by an American from New York in the 1990s before moving its HQ to Bangkok later. Not a lot of people know that, but check its Wikipedia entry. I've used Agoda dozens of times and I'm an Elite Gold member (or whatever that is) due to the number of points I've accumulated. I get several free nights of hotels a year due to my points level and that's apart from the fact that I almost always find Agoda to be cheaper or the same price as all other competing reservation services. Sorry to hear you had bad luck with it, I've never had a single problem in over 10 years.

I've called them on multiple occasions. Their numbers route to their contact center in Bangkok.

Calling a UK number is just part of their strategy - they are a dot.com. They also have a number for Singapore, Hong Kong and the US. You get these numbers when you make a reservation.

They're legitimate. Owned by Priceline.

Having been part of the hospitality industry in a previous life, it makes perfect sense to not have a local number for many regions.

I've called them on multiple occasions. Their numbers route to their contact center in Bangkok.

Calling a UK number is just part of their strategy - they are a dot.com. They also have a number for Singapore, Hong Kong and the US. You get these numbers when you make a reservation.

They're legitimate. Owned by Priceline.

Having been part of the hospitality industry in a previous life, it makes perfect sense to not have a local number for many regions.

Maybe it does make sense to not have contact numbers if you are in the industry. It does not make sense if you want customers to stay when those in the industry cause problems to them.

It makes sense for companies not to provide a telephone number or even an Email (just a contact form) when you know how retarded can be some customers (not speaking about your situation, but having to deal with online customers I know that some always make problem for many reasons, and I dont want to speak with them anymore, or I would just like to tell the to go buy somewhere else because I don't need their business anyway).

Happy new year.

It makes sense for companies not to provide a telephone number or even an Email (just a contact form) when you know how retarded can be some customers (not speaking about your situation, but having to deal with online customers I know that some always make problem for many reasons, and I dont want to speak with them anymore, or I would just like to tell the to go buy somewhere else because I don't need their business anyway).

Happy new year.

That is most ludicrous thing I have heard if you are trying to run a successful business.

I think you should make it very easy to have customers contact you, if you want repeat business. It most cases the customer is always right.

Happy new year.

That is most ludicrous thing I have heard if you are trying to run a successful business.

I think you should make it very easy to have customers contact you, if you want repeat business. It most cases the customer is always right.

sorry, coulnd't help but laugh at this one. No, often the customer is NOT right but feels they should be.

If a hotel that has been booked AND PREPAID via agodo asks for more money, you have two options. One is to pay the markup but make sure management knows you will be seeking redress via agoda. I mean a MANAGER and not a check-in clerk. The second option is to refuse and go and seek lodging elsewhere. In BOTH instances, an email to agoda customer service will result in it getting sorted out and getting a refund.

I have used agoda for about 5-6 years and only once had to revert to customer service when a hotel wanted the WHOLE payment again on check out. The refund came through within 3 days. This however is the second very recent complaint of a hotel front desk claiming that the room is more expensive than what agoda has been paid. Since the voucher one presents to the check-in desk doesn't have any prices stated on it, just the charging method, I suspect that the hotels are working a fast one, not agoda.

• 10 years later...

I know this is an OLD topic, but today we got scammed by some (preffered) hotel from agoda

The hotel claim to have a big parking, when we arrived they said,  we no have, but you can park just across the street in 7/11...

Called agoda a few times today, and they refusw a refund, because the hotel told them on the phone they have a parking, so they only belive the hotel, and not costumers.