Marathon And Visa

Newington

Hi Isaan,

I have tried to find this information without success so I apologise in advance for asking again. I am coming to Khon Kaen from Chiang Mai for the Marathon at the end of January and I also have to do a Visa run just afterwards. I thought that I would stay in the area for a few days and am hoping that you can possibly tell where is the best place to get a new stamp for my Visa from Khon Kaen and also the cost as I normally do this in Burma. Thank you so much.

The bus to Nong Khai leaves from the air bus station in the City(not the non air)the cost is around 170 baht.

You could get the train in the morning for 30 baht,the benefit of this is it takes you to the border or 30 baht in a tuk tuk. 2 and half hours on the train.

They do except dollars 35+1=36 dollars(1 dollar if you enter when they are on a tea-break ;-0)

I am in training at the moment for the marathon,yet to decide which one! hope you enjoy the city and have a great day.

From the KK aircon bus station there is a "LAO THAI INTERNATIONAL BUS".

I do not have experience with it, but I guess you can use it to get to the Lao side of the bridge directly (no changing of buses etc.).111105140922.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

For the above bus you will have to get your Laos visa first at the Laos embassy in Khon Kaen as the bus does not wait for people at the border to do there inward visa applications.

As Khun Benq says if you just want to get off at the border it is ideal to get there without the changes.

On the Laos side you can get the local bus to the bus station in Vientiane for 20 baht(small blue buses...veer to the right after you exit passport check point),ie- walk past the touts for mini-vans and you will see the small blue buses.