North Korean military warns South will pay for 'hideous crimes' during mourning period

News_Editor

North Korean military warns South will pay for 'hideous crimes' during mourning period

2011-12-31 00:02:28 GMT+7 (ICT)

PYONGYANG (BNO NEWS) -- The North Korean military on Friday said the South will 'pay for its hideous crimes' during the mourning period for Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il and warned it may launch a retaliatory strike to 'smash the stronghold of the puppet forces.'

A statement from the National Defense Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK/North Korea) condemned the South Korean government for immediately putting its forces on alert and convening an emergency meeting following the announcement of Kim Jong-il's death.

"When the whole nation is overcome with grief over the great loss, only the South Korean puppet group committed thrice-cursed crimes," the Commission said in a long statement. "The DPRK National Defense Commission, above all, discloses before the world and the nation the truth about those crimes of the South Korean puppet group."

The Commission said the South's actions created the impression that a 'golden opportunity' had arrived to lead the North to a system change. "The South Korean authorities put the three services of the puppet army on an emergency alert and ordered them to adopt combat posture, creating a war-like atmosphere on the ground and in the seas and air," it said.

North Korea also condemned the South for spreading anti-DPRK leaflets during the mourning period and preventing certain groups and citizens from visiting Pyongyang to convey their condolences. "Traitor Lee Myung-bak spearheaded all these operations," the Commission said, referring to the South Korean president.

It added: "[Lee] sought to attain his foolish goal by taking the advantage of the mourning period, and if that fails, to lead the DPRK to 'contingency' and 'change of system'. From the olden times, it was considered inhumane to raise one's fist at the neighbor visited by misfortune and seek profits."

North Korean state-run media published a series of articles on Friday which were critical of South Korea. While threats against South Korea have been made in the past, Friday's threat was the first since Kim Jong-il's son, Kim Jong-un, took over as Supreme Leader.

"Expressing condolences and sending condolatory messages have been good manners and customs and ethical tradition peculiar to the Korean nation from the ancient times," the Commission said. "It is for this reason that we brand the evil act of the Lee group as treason bereft of elementary human reason and morality."

North Korea also reiterated again that it was not responsible for the 2010 sinking of the ROKS Cheonan, a South Korean Navy ship carrying 104 people. The incident left 46 people killed and a South Korean-led international investigation blamed a North Korean torpedo which was allegedly fired from a midget submarine.

Friday's statement further reiterated that North Korean forces only acted in 'self-defense' when it bombarded the disputed Yeonpyeong Island last year, prompting South Korea to return fire at North Korea. The artillery engagement from the North left two South Korean civilians killed while the South's return fire killed at least five people in North Korea.

The Commission said it issued Friday's statement to 'clarify' its principles in regards to South Korea, mainly because of the events during the mourning period. "As already declared, the DPRK will have no dealings with the Lee Myung-bak group of traitors forever," it said. "To keep company with them is a disgrace for the clear and honest-minded Korean nation as they are ignorant in politics, vulgar in morals and lack elementary human nature."

The military warned: "We will surely force the group of traitors to pay for its hideous crimes committed at the time of the great national misfortune. The veritable sea of tears shed by the army and people of the DPRK will turn into that of retaliatory fire to burn all the group of traitors to the last one and their wailing into a roar of revenge to smash the stronghold of the puppet forces."

Despite having no independent media organizations in North Korea, the Commission also criticized South Korean media outlets for allegedly broadcasting false reports, fabrication, speculation and assumptions. "The conservative media of South Korea [..] oblivious of their mission to be a fair speaker for the public and pioneer of true public," it said.

"Taking this opportunity, we solemnly declare with confidence that the South Korean puppets and foolish politicians around the world should not expect any change from the DPRK," the Commission said.

However, the statement concluded that the North Korean government will 'keep to the path' of improving North-South relations and achieving peace and prosperity. "The world will see how the army and people of the DPRK win the final victory after turning their sorrow and tears into strength and courage, closely rallied behind the dear respected Kim Jong Un," it concluded.

Tensions on the Korean Peninsula, which is officially still at war, have been at critical since the two incidents last year. The 1950-1953 Korean War, which left millions of people killed, ended in a truce rather than a peace treaty.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-12-31

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to look into the fat new dictators diet. Cannot be healthy when it has made him grow so fat when the rest of the nation manages to be model-chick in their slimness.

Yeah he got quite fat quite quickly. I think he is emotionally distressed now because he is educated in the west enough to know how crazy his role is. Edited by Jingthing

I thought Little Toady would give a speech, but apparently he's too wet behind the ears to do even that much.

N.Korea's handlers need a crisis a week to maintain their insane stranglehold over the sheepling masses.

Expect more of the same from Little Toady's spokespeople, all of whom are men over 80.

New sub-chapter to add to Medical Lexicon: Varicose veins of the brain.

Edited by maidu

'Mourning period' laugh.png

You mean the period of shed gallons of crocodile tears for camera or we will eradicate your entire family tree! All political codswallop, though it would be nice if it kicked off to; get em on their knees and free the people!

Also, there's still a few hours left for Rugabe, Assad and Ahmadinejad to meet their demise and make 2011 an especially noteworthy year. Let's all will together, shall we.whistling.gif

I know I will get flak for this, but I insist these people ARE NOT CRAZY. Highly nationalistic and xenophobic, yes; their behaviour is actually quite consistant.

As for not being able to negotiate with then - the 1994 Agreed Framework was proceeding reasonably well until the Bush administration decided to bin it and start afresh. The light water reactors promised to them in exchange for inspections were never built, so the inspectors were kicked out and the rest is history.

I think what they are really saying at the moment is `Bugger off and let us get our new leadership organised. Don`t try anything or stick your noses in.`

The fat one did not write those threats, but I do think his uncle and military allies are behind the strategy. Create an emergency to rally the nation behind the fat one so that he can save the nation and gain the confidence of the generals.

Agreed. He is a puppet of a machine designed by his dead Grandpa.

The fat one did not write those threats, but I do think his uncle and military allies   are behind the strategy. Create an emergency to rally the nation behind the fat one so that he can save the nation and gain the confidence of the  generals.

Agreed. He is a puppet of a machine designed by his dead Grandpa.

More a large cog in a wheel than a puppet I would say, but I think you are on the right track.

The fat one did not write those threats, but I do think his uncle and military allies are behind the strategy. Create an emergency to rally the nation behind the fat one so that he can save the nation and gain the confidence of the generals.

That sounds about right - there has been much rumblings that the family is losing their grip on the nation towards some higher military figures and this is one way to try to push the nation towards 'their new glorious leader'.

It will be interesting to see what will upset the apple cart. The whole country will implode, it's just a matter of when. East Germany crumbled not long ago, and just a week before the wall fell, Dr. $350/hour Kissinger was saying in an interview that it would be impossible for that to happen. Also not long ago, China went from being a country of lock-step personality worshipers, to a somewhat sane country.

Currently, all the interested countries keep repeating the mantra "we hope there's no instability" in N.Korea. Au contraire, I hope there is instability, as big or bigger than anything currently happening in the dune countries. I don't want to see people getting hurt (yet it's inevitable, if N.Korea were to become a less insane place), yet the prospect of its people getting some freedoms (and nutrition) would be worth the instability and pain it will cause. Sometimes a cure takes some nasty medicine.

It will be interesting to see what will upset the apple cart. The whole country will implode, it's just a matter of when. East Germany crumbled not long ago, and just a week before the wall fell, Dr. $350/hour Kissinger was saying in an interview that it would be impossible for that to happen. Also not long ago, China went from being a country of lock-step personality worshipers, to a somewhat sane country.

Currently, all the interested countries keep repeating the mantra "we hope there's no instability" in N.Korea. Au contraire, I hope there is instability, as big or bigger than anything currently happening in the dune countries. I don't want to see people getting hurt (yet it's inevitable, if N.Korea were to become a less insane place), yet the prospect of its people getting some freedoms (and nutrition) would be worth the instability and pain it will cause. Sometimes a cure takes some nasty medicine.

I would hope North Korea implodes soon under the weight of it's own absurdity, but this can take ages to happen, when it does they have one thing going for them, namely South Korea setting an example of how a democracy can function and no dreadful theocracy waiting in the wings to replace the cult of Kim with another cult.

• Like 1

By the way, when was the last time North Korea invaded anywhere or murdered significant numbers of non-Koreans?

Are you for real? You're defending the fascist North Korean slave masters? Good luck with that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/8153000/North-Korea-bombs-South-Koreas-Yeonpyeong-Island.html

Probably a topic that 99% of us all agree on jap.gif

If the korean peninsula was united it would probably be in the worlds top 5 economies given time, it's a shame the utterly crazy regime in north Korea hasn't been ' toppled'

Yes and it sounds like the tantrum of a spoiled 10 year old brat in need of an attitude adjustment.. I had high hopes that the youngUN would see a way to carve out a real worthwhile legacy for himself out of this and open up the country and turn it around but I guess it's a new year but no new perspectives on that front sad.png .

They hardly took a breath and they're right back at it coffee1.gif ..

Is it possible that if NK does something brash like start a conflict with Japan or the south that the Chinese might move south in the interests of maintaining regional "peace". In effect a defacto annexation of NK. The Chinese would argue they were saving the world from nuclear war and intervening on behalf of the North Korean civilians. Who would stop the Chinese? South Korea, Japan and the USA don't have the stomach for another war.

Is it possible that if NK does something brash like start a conflict with Japan or the south that the Chinese might move south in the interests of maintaining regional "peace". In effect a defacto annexation of NK. The Chinese would argue they were saving the world from nuclear war and intervening on behalf of the North Korean civilians. Who would stop the Chinese? South Korea, Japan and the USA don't have the stomach for another war.

Why even think about going to war if China decides to take over North Korea? Let 'em have it. It could only be an improvement.

I know I will get flak for this, but I insist these people ARE NOT CRAZY. Highly nationalistic and xenophobic, yes; their behaviour is actually quite consistant.

I think that Juche Korea must be a role model society for those who argue that multiculturalism is dangerous.

Sounds about right.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2010/02/a_nation_of_racist_dwarfs.html

A Nation of Racist Dwarfs

Kim Jong-il's regime is even weirder and more despicable than you thought.

I think that Juche Korea must be a role model society for those who argue that multiculturalism is dangerous.

Sounds about right.

A Nation of Racist Dwarfs

Kim Jong-il's regime is even weirder and more despicable than you thought.

Yes, I read that discussion in the early thread about Kims last train ride.

Funny thing is that those other monoculturalists love to take soundbites like that from Hitchens as proof for their imagined superiority what makes them equally racists.

One is for sure, they don't have problems with criminal moors and muselman immigrants in Northern Korea.

Why even think about going to war if China decides to take over North Korea? Let 'em have it. It could only be an improvement.

China with its new status in the world should be ashamed of it's self, the dire poverty and desperation felt by the North Korean people, it has a border with China and it is the Norths only friend, China should do more to help the people of NK and should be trying to change the regime in the north, the people of NK would be very welcome in the world and I'm sure south Koreans would be more than happy to spend the money that is needed to re-built the norths infrastructure.

Edited by Pedzie