Looking For A Home For Silky...

Linisha

Hi everybody,

After reading a lot of posts I finally decided to write one myself. I am not living in Thailand for the moment but I'm coming and going a few times every year. The reason for that is that I've started a company selling Thai products (silk, jewellary etc). In 2003 I lived and worked in Bangkok for 3 months and then I got addicted to the place. So I had to start my company to have a reason to come back often. Of course I am no real expat but I don't feel like a tourist either.

I got a tip about this forum and I wish I had known about it earlier because I find so much useful info here. And from what I've been reading I like the athmosphere here.

Anyhow, the urgent reason for me writing here just today is a dog by the name Silky. I found her very sick outside JJ weekend market in July during my latest visit. I took care of her and placed her in an animal hospital where she has been since that. Now I am absolutly desperate and don't know what I shall do. Silky has been treated for parasites, infections etc and is doing ok now. But I haven't been able to find a home for her. So she has for months been staying in a small cage and is now so unhappy. Her fur stated to fall of her hind legs, due to her lying in the cage all days (she is only taken out 2 short times a day). It was ok to keep her like this when she was sick, but not now when she is well. A Thai friend of mine goes and visits Silky and she says that Silky seem so unhappy. Unfortunately my friend can not take care of Silky. She lives in a rented house without garden and the landlord does not accept dogs.

I can't take Silky to Sweden. She is an older dog and I don't think she could take the climate here. And we have very strict regulations regarding animals. All animals are put in quarantine for 6 months before they are allowed to enter the country.

Before i found this forum I just didn't know how to reach a lot of people with my request. So now I do one desperate effort to find someone that would be willing to give Silky a home. Of course I will pay for all veterinay and medicine costs. I can also pay for food and some amount for boarding. The important thing for me is that she gets a home. Silky has her own brand new dog house that I bought before I went back to Sweden. If nothing else, maybe somebody has a garden where she can live?

Silky is not a beatiful dog but she is so sweet, loving and very faithful. She is not so fond of other dogs but she loves people and company. There is no risc of her running around and causing trouble. She is very calm and sleeps a lot. All she needs is food, some affection and being able to walk around and go outside. For the moment I feel horrible since I've "rescued" her to a life in a cage.

Silky got all shots etc. and she will be spayed as soon as I find a home for her.

If somebody would have a big heart and a wish to help Silky, please mail me A.S.A.P! It would make not only my day, but my whole year! Thanks!!!

post-23960-1133189749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Linisha