Another Bank Holiday?

Gonzo the Face

Today is Tuesday the 3rd. It would appear that this is another bank holiday, but for what?

Yesterday Monday was a holiday due to the NY Day falling on Sunday, but what is the reason for today being a holiday?

G

..... of course other than being that the bankers need additional time to spend all their NY bonus

Ying Luck extended the holiday till today this year.

Oooooh so that explains it..... I guess to replace the 15,000 baht min wage that is kinda scarce.

violin.gif

did she tell anyone else about it.....or was it in the paper that cannot be whatevered?

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Was just about to ask the same question, because my maid hasn't come in today. I was expecting her on Monday actually, but that's because I was relying on my Thai diary, which makes no mention of either day as a holiday. Where do they publish these things?

I note from last year's diary that NYE was indeed a holiday, but I was surprised by that then, given that closing of books is largely computerised. How many public holidays are there each year in Thailand? Seem to be more and more as time goes by.

This extra day on the 3rd was declared far too late after printing the 2555 calanders so only the 2nd is shown as a public holiday on Thai calanders.

Naturally I was not talking about the Thaivisa calander ... laugh.png

Just an opportunity for me to promote the download calendar. Hoping to hit 10,000 downloads. wink.png

Stellar job on the Thai Visa calender, Tywais.

Actually, reading the above posts I secretly thought our calender might not reflect the extra day.

You win the kewpie doll prize for this one.

I noticed Bank of Ayudhya sub-branch on Huay Kaew Rd. was shuttered today, but surprisingly the Bangkok Bank branch in Kad Suan Kaew was open for business, with reduced staff dressed in mufti (casual street clothes, for those born after 1950). Amazingly I was able to complete a complex transaction, on an official national holiday at BBL today.

This branch should get national recognition for their service, even if the parent bank doesn't always pay the highest interest rates on promo fixed deposit accounts.

This extra day on the 3rd was declared far too late after printing the 2555 calanders so only the 2nd is shown as a public holiday on Thai calanders.

Beware of Thai calanders. Always check, check and check again when holiday are, or are not shown.

Agree, holidays are always being declared at the last minute here. Published Thai holidays number about 15 per year, but can always add 2-3 more by politicians looking to score points.

Agree, holidays are always being declared at the last minute here. Published Thai holidays number about 15 per year, but can always add 2-3 more by politicians looking to score points.

Add another 4-5 last-minute holidays if you work for a government school. Often the day before, we learn about "clean-up day," "Loy Kratong Preparation Day," "Teacher Respect Day," etc. etc. Gotta love it here. cowboy.gif