Chiang Mai'S Worst Driver?

lannarebirth

Almost every schoolday, as I drive my daughters to school from Mae Hia area, I see a farang woman driving driving recklessly. She drives a Black Chevrolet Zafira van and while I've a high tolerance for bad drivers, she is an absolute menace. Driving down the Canal Rd. and on to the second Ring Road I vconsistently see her driving at speeds up to 50% faster than all other cars, darting in and out of lanes, oh so close to other vehicles. What's more I see her pull up behind vehicles travelling at speed to within 50cm. in a effort to "push" them out of the way. She's going to kill someone one day. Anyone else seen this road menace?

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of Farang drivers here acting like fools, mainly on Motorbikes. Seems to me that the minute they arrive in Thailand they lower their standards to the local level instead of setting the good examples that this country so badly needs.

It is a matter of perception.

Any one that can drive like that and not have a accident has to be pretty darn good. Maybe not safe for the rest of us who are not good drivers and need all the extra protection we can get. I bet she would do well in Hollywood.

I see a lot of Farang drivers here acting like fools, mainly on Motorbikes. Seems to me that the minute they arrive in Thailand they lower their standards to the local level instead of setting the good examples that this country so badly needs.

Generally speaking Thais, and especially Thai drivers, are not amenable to being taught anything by outsiders. And, as for driving like Thai fools, if you can't beat them, you have to join them. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. It works. Playing by the old country rules only messes things up worse.

Now that I think of it, this same horrendous driver came up in a thread from a few years ago. Someone gave her name. Was it Audrey perhaps? I forget. So she hasn't killed herself yet. Not to say she hasn't possibly killed others. Probably a Home in Park or Lanna Pinery resident.

is she blonde and fairly small... I havent seen her for years.. hope not to... she used to drive a silver or grey zafira??? Is this the same person??? Perhaps

BTW she is not alone that run fro Mae Hia to my kids school is like whacky races... Loads of idiot farrang and Thais with the pedal to the metal invariaby with unrestrained kids in the car...

Edited by cerbera

Now that I think of it, this same horrendous driver came up in a thread from a few years ago. Someone gave her name. Was it Audrey perhaps? I forget. So she hasn't killed herself yet. Not to say she hasn't possibly killed others. Probably a Home in Park or Lanna Pinery resident.

Must be; likely not Ban Nai Fun anyway, it would have to be one of the more lo-so white trash developments. I guess that means Koolpunt is also a likely candidate.

Anyway it's a small town; just a matter of time before one of us gets a firm location, then we can give her the URL of this topic so she knows people notice, and are concerned. Could very well end up saving lives.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Just interested in why on a topic like this you would chose to belittle these two developments -- what is your point?? What do you have against them - please enlighten us ! seems like nice places to me

is she blonde and fairly small... I havent seen her for years.. hope not to... she used to drive a silver or grey zafira??? Is this the same person??? Perhaps

BTW she is not alone that run fro Mae Hia to my kids school is like whacky races... Loads of idiot farrang and Thais with the pedal to the metal invariaby with unrestrained kids in the car...

Blond yes. Small, I don't know. Drives black Zafira.

Must be; likely not Ban Nai Fun anyway, it would have to be one of the more lo-so white trash developments. I guess that means Koolpunt is also a likely candidate.

Anyway it's a small town; just a matter of time before one of us gets a firm location, then we can give her the URL of this topic so she knows people notice, and are concerned. Could very well end up saving lives.

lo-so white trash developments -- whats with it with you guys??!! I don't understand - is it that your jealous because you live in a 5k bht one room guest house? please enlighten all of use

Well, I came out of Ban Nai Fun and she almost ran me off the road, so that's why I guessed it was someplace further south. Wasn't implying anything about the caliber of those other developments at all.

Just interested in why on a topic like this you would chose to belittle these two developments -- what is your point?? What do you have against them - please enlighten us ! seems like nice places to me

Was not belittling the developments and have absolutely nothing against them. I was just guessing based on where she blew past me at.. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Well, I came out of Ban Nai Fun and she almost ran me off the road, so that's why I guessed it was someplace further south. Wasn't implying anything about the caliber of those other developments at all.

Wasn't implying anything about the caliber of those other developments at all. lo-so white trash developments ------ do you live in a dream world or is this your corrector?

Here are my reasons why I detest these people:

I’ve had several encounters with farangs on the roads here over the years. They appear to have completely thrown away the Highway Code books from their own countries and believe manic driving is their given right in Thailand.

They mostly seem to prefer large vehicles, pick ups, vans and four wheel drives, it`s gives them a sense of power, an I am the big cheese farang image.

In most cases they are arrogant, rude and do not show any courtesy with others who are unfortunate enough to be sharing the same environment as them. Believe me, this farang woman is not the worst driver in Chiang Mai. She is just one of many.

They behave similar in the big stores with they’re shopping trolleys and expect everyone to instantly get out of the way in a crowded aisle. Even when exiting a public building they will let a door slam in you’re face if walking behind them.

Personally, I hope this woman and others with the same attitude end up driving down a ditch somewhere. At least it would take them off the roads for a while.

post-110219-0-12437100-1325687399_thumb.

post-110219-0-06141200-1325687417_thumb.

I know I am alone on this one but what I find completely idiotic is to complain about other drivers.

Ask any one person if other people drive stupidly every day. 99% will say yes. Then ask the same person if they, themselves, ever drive stupidly. 99% will say no. Now logic dictates that there is an error in there somewhere because it can't be that everybody else is driving badly and at the same time nobody makes mistakes. How can that be?

Many times when you see somebody do something "stupid", it's not stupid, it's just that you don't know the reason for it. It surprises you, perhaps even frightens you. So your judgmental mind sees the other party at fault. At the same time you might have a very good reason to do something other people don't expect - and they think you're doing something stupid!

I think what drove this home for me was one car commercial - it was touting said new car's safety features. In it a car was driving through an old town somewhere in Europe. The streets were deserted apart from clowns. The clowns would do stupid things, and the car would brake in time, go around them, etc. It was beautifully shot. But that really drove the point home for me - this is the way we see the rest of the world when behind the wheel. It's all clowns. And each of those clowns thinks the same.

At the end of the day, road rage baffles me. It's utterly senseless, and just to the detriment of the one suffering it (and sometimes others when they lose it completely and cause an accident or get into a fight).

Drive defensively. Love one another. Cheers.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

I know I am alone on this one but what I find completely idiotic is to complain about other drivers.

Ask any one person if other people drive stupidly every day. 99% will say yes. Then ask the same person if they, themselves, ever drive stupidly. 99% will say no. Now logic dictates that there is an error in there somewhere because it can't be that everybody else is driving badly and at the same time nobody makes mistakes. How can that be?

Many times when you see somebody do something "stupid", it's not stupid, it's just that you don't know the reason for it. It surprises you, perhaps even frightens you. So your judgmental mind sees the other party at fault. At the same time you might have a very good reason to do something other people don't expect - and they think you're doing something stupid!

I think what drove this home for me was one car commercial - it was touting said new car's safety features. In it a car was driving through an old town somewhere in Europe. The streets were deserted apart from clowns. The clowns would do stupid things, and the car would brake in time, go around them, etc. It was beautifully shot. But that really drove the point home for me - this is the way we see the rest of the world when behind the wheel. It's all clowns. And each of those clowns thinks the same.

At the end of the day, road rage baffles me. It's utterly senseless, and just to the detriment of the one suffering it (and sometimes others when they lose it completely and cause an accident or get into a fight).

Drive defensively. Love one another. Cheers.

Yes the complaining can be silly. Take this case as a example if the lady in question is and has been driving in the manner described here and has not had a accident she would have to be a extremely good driver. Why is she touted under worst driver. The worst driver driving like that would have to get a new car every other day.

The fact is she is driving in a manner that is unsafe considering most of the other drivers on the road are not good drivers.

I also live in the area and seen her a few times. I just stay clear. As well as any foreigner driving a black fortuner.

What constitutes a "loso white trash moo ban"?

I just want to make sure I'm not in one of them.

Edited by highonthai

I also live in the area and seen her a few times. I just stay clear. As well as any foreigner driving a black fortuner.

What constitutes a "loso white trash moo ban"?

I just want to make sure I'm not in one of them.

I to am waiting for the definition of this from WinnieTheKhwai as to this attitude and an explanation