New Honda Motorcycles

moe666

Crap. The nc700s would be good as well

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

well it is only a rumour so far; i guess APe may sell other bikes, but they have been hinting all month that it will be 6 bikes to be announced so they won't announce 7 or 8! Like they did at the dealer's conference in Feb, they hinted at 7 'new' bikes and had to include the CBR150 sticker change as new to keep the number correct! laugh.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the strong rumour for the Honda the big bike range is

Honda Gold Wing (GL1800)

Honda CBR1000RR

Honda NC700X (700cc.)

Honda Integra (700cc.)

Honda VFR1200F (1200cc.)

Honda CRF250R

I guess it will be confirmed today and then it will be a matter of prices

Weird that Honda wouldnt release models that will compete vs Kawasakis 650cc bikes.

Honda Gold Wing (GL1800)

Honda CBR1000RR

Honda NC700X (700cc.)

Honda Integra (700cc.)

Honda VFR1200F (1200cc.)

Honda CRF250R

Interesting-

The Goldwing and CBR1000RR are no surprise. I suppose the big VFR is a logical choice too. I hear the CRF250R is a fantastic dirt bike, but I'm still wondering who in Thailand is going to throw down for any of the NC700 variants...

Looking forward to seeing what's on display from Honda at the Bangkok Bike Festival this evening.

See you there! biggrin.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Honda Gold Wing (GL1800)

Honda CBR1000RR

Honda NC700X (700cc.)

Honda Integra (700cc.)

Honda VFR1200F (1200cc.)

Honda CRF250R

Weird that Honda wouldnt release models that will compete vs Kawasakis 650cc bikes.

Why weird?

Any foreign manufactured Honda in the same class as the Thai-made Kwackers will be roughly double the price once imported to Thailand.

The only way anyone can compete against Thai-manufactured bikes is to manufacture in Thailand (or ASEAN).

Kawasaki started the trend, now Ducati is doing the same.

So far Honda's only Thai-made "big bike" is the CB'r' 250. Some day Honda may manufacture other "big" bikes in Thailand, but I wouldn't expect anything larger than 250cc any time soon.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony biggrin.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Awesome to see the CBR1000RR in there. I hope they can beat Kawasaki's price of the ZX10R which was around 650k.

Kawasaki Thailand quit selling the ZX10R because, even though it was the cheapest liter bike in Thailand, it sold terribly because it was severely restricted.

Let's hope Honda will sell a FULL POWER CBR1000RR in Thailand!

Otherwise Red Baron and 59Bike will remain the top choices for people looking for full power superbikes.

hmmm...it would be nice if the big bikes were more easily available here...I do have my doubts as to whether the CBR1000RR, Goldwing, or VFR1200 would ever be built in Thailand. I can understand lesser models like the CBR250 or Kawasaki's 650's being built in Thailand. I just don't see the big dollar, flagship models being built in LOS. I kind of like that my CBR1000RR has "made in Japan" on the VIN.

Honda Gold Wing (GL1800)

Honda CBR1000RR

Honda NC700X (700cc.)

Honda Integra (700cc.)

Honda VFR1200F (1200cc.)

Honda CRF250R

I can confirm that these are the bikes. I saw them when I was delivering bikes to the Bike Festival last night. Sadly, it looks like they are all going to be imports, for this year at least.

I just don't see the big dollar, flagship models being built in LOS. I kind of like that my CBR1000RR has "made in Japan" on the VIN.

Hell yeah!

I wouldn't feel terribly comfortable going 300kph on a Thai-built bike either...

I've been really happy with the Thai-built Kwackers I've owned here, and while the engines are absolutely bullet proof, the overall build quality does NOT match that of a real MADE IN JAPAN motorcycle.

Look closely at the Thai-made Kwackers and you notice little things like the cleanliness of the frame welds and duarability of the paint on the Thai bikes just isn't the same as what you get on a genuine from MADE IN JAPAN bike.

Similarly, the new made-in-Thailand Honda CB'r' 250 has been plagued with qc issues that are quite unusual for brand H. Moving production to a developing nation can certainly cut production costs, but if it hurts quality and brand image it may be penny wise and pound foolish...

I just don't see the big dollar, flagship models being built in LOS. I kind of like that my CBR1000RR has "made in Japan" on the VIN.

Hell yeah!

I wouldn't feel terribly comfortable going 300kph on a Thai-built bike either...

I've been really happy with the Thai-built Kwackers I've owned here, and while the engines are absolutely bullet proof, the overall build quality does NOT match that of a real MADE IN JAPAN motorcycle.

Look closely at the Thai-made Kwackers and you notice little things like the cleanliness of the frame welds and duarability of the paint on the Thai bikes just isn't the same as what you get on a genuine from MADE IN JAPAN bike.

Similarly, the new made-in-Thailand Honda CB'r' 250 has been plagued with qc issues that are quite unusual for brand H. Moving production to a developing nation can certainly cut production costs, but if it hurts quality and brand image it may be penny wise and pound foolish...

honda kawasaki and ducatti should just employ you since you since you can do it so much better than they can........... coffee1.gif

Hell yeah!

honda kawasaki and ducatti should just employ you since you since you can do it so much better than they can........... coffee1.gif

Naw... a full time job would cut in to my riding time too much!

fabiancrash.jpg

Hell yeah!

Naw... a full time job would cut in to my riding time too much!

fabiancrash.jpg

what riding time ? your on here at least 16hrs a day clap2.gif

• Like 1

That could also be down to the fact that the Thai made bikes are generally entry model bikes and therefore are built to a lower price point, which will mean they HAVE to be lower quality than the higher priced Japanese models.

I am sure they are capable of building the bikes to the same standard as the Japanese models yet they choose not to for the above reason. Triumph manage to build high quality premium model bikes here so I am sure the Japanese manufacturers can to.

Edited by madjbs

Yep, I'm usually sitting in the office Monday-Friday like most folks.

This forum is a great way to kill time until the next ride or track day.

BTW, have you EVER posted a trip report or a picture of you on a bike on this forum? passifier.gif

Yeah but if they built the high end bikes here, then what will the Japanese factories do? The Japanese want the cheap volume sellers made in Thailand, and the high tech bells and whistles bikes in Japan. Geesh...have you seen the price of the Goldwings in the states? I would be scared to know the price in Thailand.

BTW, have you EVER posted a trip report or a picture of you on a bike on this forum? passifier.gif

no,i dont have OCD or the need to show everyone my bike as often as humanly possible jap.gif

That could also be down to the fact that the Thai made bikes are generally entry model bikes and therefore are built to a lower price point, which will mean they HAVE to be lower quality than the higher priced Japanese models.

I am sure they are capable of building the bikes to the same standard as the Japanese models yet they choose not to for the above reason. Triumph manage to build high quality premium model bikes here so I am sure the Japanese manufacturers can to.

Actually Triumph only builds twins in Thailand and if you get down and look closely at a Bonneville, Thruxton or Scrambler and compare the build quality to that of a MADE IN UK Triumph triple I think you'll spot the same differences in build quality I've noticed with the Thai built Japanese bikes.

Same goes for cars too. You'll never convince me that a Thai-built Benz or BMW will match the quality of those manufactured in Germany.

no,i dont have OCD or the need to show everyone my bike as often as humanly possible jap.gif

What? Did you say you want to see my bikes AGAIN?! :crazy:

TonysBike0810Sm.jpg

A bit out of date, but hopefully that will tide you over till my next ride report giggle.gif

• Like 1

I believe BMW and Mercedes only assemble cars here, everything is manufactured in Germany which means there is little difference in quality. The Thai assembled models actually have less problems than the German assembled models as they have adapted them slightly to suit local conditions better.

Aren't Triumph planning to expand the production to different models here soon? And, Ducati are opening a factory here too for some models, both premium brands where the highest quality is expected. They wouldn't move production here unless they were certain that could maintain the expected standards of quality for their products.

I can confirm that these are the bikes. I saw them when I was delivering bikes to the Bike Festival last night. Sadly, it looks like they are all going to be imports, for this year at least.

Great info thanks.

Will they know the prices at the Bike Show, or as yet undecided?

Great info thanks.

Who is at the show? Want to see some pix, and prices...

Great info thanks.

Headed there this evening- stay tuned :)

Great info thanks.

Main displays are: Kawasaki, Honda, Harley, Some other bikes also there - Triumph, Ducati

New CRF250L is not there, but there's the serious looking CRF250R at 310,000 THB and the NC700 at just over 500,000 THB - but it looks like a washing machine and you can get the Z1000 for that.

There's a nice parallel twin on the Honda stand, but she may not be there all day.

310,000 is a bit higher than expected, I guessed 250k for the 250R

This will have no effect on the price of the bike I suspect most people are interested in, the 250L which is a completely different bike although obviously made to look as close as possible to the 250R.

Honda Gold Wing (GL1800)

Honda CBR1000RR

Honda NC700X (700cc.)

Honda Integra (700cc.)

Honda VFR1200F (1200cc.)

Honda CRF250R

Why weird?

Any foreign manufactured Honda in the same class as the Thai-made Kwackers will be roughly double the price once imported to Thailand.

The only way anyone can compete against Thai-manufactured bikes is to manufacture in Thailand (or ASEAN).

Kawasaki started the trend, now Ducati is doing the same.

So far Honda's only Thai-made "big bike" is the CB'r' 250. Some day Honda may manufacture other "big" bikes in Thailand, but I wouldn't expect anything larger than 250cc any time soon.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony biggrin.png

Ahh i thought all these models would be built here. my bad.