Thailand Re-Entry Permit

Currently I have been teaching in Thailand.

I have a work permit which expires in October 2012.

I need to report my stay every 90 days, the next time is in March 2012.

I want to go to America to visit my family.

I am planning to leave Thailand February and return April.

This means I will miss the date I need to report my stay in March because I wont be in Thailand.

1. If I get a Re-Entry Permit, will this solve this problem?

2. Does a Re-Entry Permit expire the same date you need to report your stay in Thailand? In my case sometime in March.

3. Or does it expire 90 days from the date you got it?

The re-entry permit has nothing to do with 90 day address reporting - if you are not in Thailand you do not report - new count starts at one on day of return so you report 90 days later if you do not leave again - some people never have to report if they travel often.

If you are on an extension of stay you must obtain a re-entry permit prior to exit to be able to return to use remainder of current extension (re-entry permit will have and get you the same permitted to stay until date that you now have on extension of stay). A re-entry permit expires on date your permitted to stay stamp in your passport. It adds nothing and has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

ok, thanks.. that cleared it up for me..

1 last thing, If my visa expires in say May

and I notify 90 days in April, that means the next time I need to notify is in July.

From what I read and what I understand. I need to leave the country or get a new visa in May even though they stamp the 90 day notify for July. Correct?

Or I am good up till July?

Edited by chrisf77

ok, thanks.. that cleared it up for me..

1 last thing, If my visa expires in say May

and I notify 90 days in April, that means the next time I need to notify is in July.

From what I read and what I understand. I need to leave the country or get a new visa in May even though they stamp the 90 day notify for July. Correct?

Or I am good up till July?

You need to be aware of three things, the work permit is for work, it alone has nothing to do with you staying in Thailand. The 90 day address report is for people staying in Thailand more than 90 days, it also has nothing to do with your permission to stay in Thailand. Even the actual visa date isn't important now, because apparently you are on an "Extension of Stay" based on employment.

Seems to me you do not need to leave the country to get another visa, you will need to go to immigration and apply for a new extension of stay in May or whenever you obtained the previous extension.. The address report is a seperate issue, if you arrive April 15, then your next address report is due 90 days from then if you don't exit the country.

• Like 1

As said if you are doing 90 day address reports you must be on an extension of stay so two or three week prior to permitted to stay until date you visit immigration with paperwork to extend for another year. You do not have to leave country and this will not effect your 90 day reporting date.

• Like 1