Freshly Amputated Human Leg Found In Bangkok

Lite Beer

Freshly amputated human leg found

The Nation on Sunday

A human leg was found in dense grasses near Bangkok's Rama II Road yesterday, police said. An orange sterile bag was found near the leg.

Police suspected the leg had been severed - possibly by a saw or a knife - less than 24 hours prior to the discovery because it had not yet decomposed. They were searching for more possible remains.

Police were considering several options: that the leg belonged to a migrant worker injured by machinery in a factory accident; murder; or that it had been amputated from a diabetes patient. They said the fact that the leg was found with the bag, which is of the type used in hospitals, gave more weight to the amputation theory.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-08

less than 24 hours prior to the discovery because it had not yet decomposed. They were searching for more possible remains.

It will start to get interesting if they find a ...... wing. maybe a large red and white bucket with an old man on the side with grey hair.

• Like 1

If they find the other leg, someone won't have a leg to stand on and if not he will just have to hop it.

Reminds me of the bloke with 2 wooden legs that caught fire and he burned to the ground...the police charged him with arsen...

This looks like medical parts have been dumped instead of taken to the correct incineration plant ???

If they find the other leg, someone won't have a leg to stand on and if not he will just have to hop it.

Reminds me of the bloke with 2 wooden legs that caught fire and he burned to the ground...the police charged him with arsen...

This looks like medical parts have been dumped instead of taken to the correct incineration plant ???

Somebody out on a limb--but no arm in it. some body will be waiting--for it to show up-second leg in a relay race, I bet some one was pulling his/her leg at the time. but really-has it come from a hospital ?? my god. will look for updates--but this is news and seldom get updates---not many bother to tell us posters-think it's not important we know. Only like to get arguments going on politics, with silly Nations headlines.

"They said the fact that the leg was found with the bag, which is of the type used in hospitals, gave more weight to the amputation theory".

Amputation is the removal of a body extremity.

Wow that is just amazing police work, just an outstanding theory. The fact that a limb had been removed from a body and they were able to come up with the theory that he may have been amputated. How many free lunches and whisky's did it take for the brains trust to come up with this. I bet they were just about to write up thier report that the leg committed suicide by jumping off the body when the new wiz kid says, hey it could have been amputated. Oh yea tha's a good one we haven't used that before. Yep cause of the legs death amputation, so who is up for another whisky then, next case.

• Like 1

As crazy as it your last sentence may seem to some, you may not be too far off the mark. There is a market for leftovers and personnel do steal/take the bodyparts. Just this week a coronor was in hot water in the USA for taking a subject's spine for personal use.

Reuters and AP both reported on the the Oneida County (USA) medical examiner accused of stealing a subject's spine to train her dog. Oneida County District Attorney Michael Bloom has said that 44-year-old Traci England attended an autopsy last week and kept part of the dead person's spine.

Edited by Scott
formatting

Another beggar on the streets I suppose - a bit drastic action to earn a few baht.

By the way lonewolf99 you're not that famous diver from Jomtien by any chance - knew one there with a lone wolf tattoo.