Coke And Pepsi

Lost in LOS

I don't drink soft drinks, but many friends and girlfriends do. I have noticed that lately many pattaya restaurants in the main shopping malls don't sell coke or pepsi. My friend went to several in Central and they don't sell it at all anymore, used to. We went to fugi at big c today and they didn't have it, I asked the waitress and she said they are not selling it. I asked why and she didnt have a clue. Anybody know what happened? Seems very strange, but TIT so the answer may surprise us.

Edited by Lost in LOS

Production still not up and running after Bkk floodings?

That is right, they are still processing the flood water to be used in production of the new drinks. They are also in talks to have the drinks exported so everyone can have " A Taste of Thailand".

Went into Makro and Big C Pattaya yesterday, they had both Coke and Pepsi, but NO sugar free ones........ Also on way home near me popped into Tesco Express 1st time since they were flooded. they had Just a few Coke and Pepsi + 6 bottles of Coke Zero + 4 packs of cans of Coke Zero

Both the Coke and Pepsi rep's come round our shop twice a week, whilst there was a disruption in supply during the floods in the outer BKK area, did not seem to be any halt in production, maybe some of the smaller shops are still trying a wee gouge, should be really as normal.

You can find regular coke and pepsi in cans and bottles. The strange thing is that the diet ones (Coke light and Pepsi max) still cannot be "canned" at te factory which was flooded. Must be two different plants since the regular coke and pepsi are now found in cans.

You can find regular coke and pepsi in cans and bottles. The strange thing is that the diet ones (Coke light and Pepsi max) still cannot be "canned" at te factory which was flooded. Must be two different plants since the regular coke and pepsi are now found in cans.

I got cans of Coke Zero for the first time in about 8 weeks the other day (in Bangkok).

About the only soft drink (besides "Big Cola") that's been available recently has been Coke. There have occasionally been some other flavoured soft drinks, but I haven't seen any Pepsi for a while either.

Apparently "Big cola" has a massive promotion on, must be giving it away cheap. We went to Khao keow zoo and the posters were all over the place, you couldnt buy coke or Pepsi there either.

Big Cola isnt the same, its Caffine free for a start!

I tried Big Cola the other day. Thought it tasted weird, a bit like root beer.

I didn't realize it's caffeine free, that would be a big plus for me, I really don't support caffeine well. If now they could make a sugar free version as well I think I could get used to it.

I'm a Diabetic and have been trying to find bot Max & Zero for 2 months now here in Pattaya. Just last week my local 7-11 (Soi Siam Country) had a bunch of Max so I bought 6 cans thinking it was all back to normal. Haven't seen it in there since and that was about 10 days ago. Was in Foodland yesterday and there were a few Zero cans there so I bought another 6 (was on the bike).

This is all leading to periodic mixes of Sang Som & Cola and has been a long time in waiting. jap.gif No I don't like Tonic water.

Thank the Pepsi & Coke Lourdes for allowing diabetics to periodically get pissed once again !!!!!!!passifier.gif

so does anyone know why so many well known restaurnts arent selling it? readily available in the markets

I would hazard a guess that the restaurants are using "Post Mix" machines and not cans or bottles and that there is still a problem with post mix production or supply.

Coke and Pepsi have plants in the Northeast, Bangkok and Southern Thailand. Everything is bottled/canned in all 3 except diet drinks which was in Bangkok until it was flooded out.

Right now 2 out of 3 plants are supporting the country so may be why supply is down.