Honda Crf 250L

RED21

133K is a good price, especially since they don't clog the showrooms. Down here in Songkhla / Hat Yai they're 138K.

I'm waiting for the M!

Should be out next month.

Boss lady in Honda tried saying that they weren't making the 'L' anymore...total cr4p...enjoy the the 'M' thumbsup.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

133K is a good price, especially since they don't clog the showrooms. Down here in Songkhla / Hat Yai they're 138K.

I'm waiting for the M!

>133K is a good price, especially since they don't clog the showrooms. Down here in Songkhla / Hat Yai they're 138K.

I'm waiting for the M!

I paid 130k incl. all papers, insurance and transportation to my place 35Km away from Bowin 5 month ago. I have seen ads with CRF priced at 125 900 baht just after i bought mine.

There was an ad on here for 126k a few pages back...called them and they said all gone.

I live on Samui and we do tend to have to take it dry here price-wise sad.png

What a sweet little bike this is...single finger clutch and the gearbox is a slick as you like...did 85km this afternoon,,,nice thumbsup.gif . Bit of a come-down from my old WR450 but nice to ride all the same wink.png

What a sweet little bike this is...single finger clutch and the gearbox is a slick as you like...did 85km this afternoon,,,nice . Bit of a come-down from my old WR450 but nice to ride all the same

Sounds great I will be buying one when I return from my next contract,can't wait to get up in Khao Khor here in Phetchabun,I will be spoilt for choice.

What a sweet little bike this is...single finger clutch and the gearbox is a slick as you like...did 85km this afternoon,,,nice . Bit of a come-down from my old WR450 but nice to ride all the same

Sounds great I will be buying one when I return from my next contract,can't wait to get up in Khao Khor here in Phetchabun,I will be spoilt for choice.

You won't regret it...haven't taken it off-road yet but it has to be one of the sweetest bikes I've ridden in awhile. Prob a lot to do with the FI...all my previous bikes have been carb'd

I always thought given the price & the suspension it was a pretty good deal.

My arse was a bit numb...but that is just due to lack of bike time. I used to do some long distance road/trails stuff in UK, no prob many moons ago, so will just take a bit of time to get used to it again thumbsup.gif

^

standard sizes front 90/90-21. Rear 120/80-18 it's not to clever to throw anything bigger on these bikes otherwise the tyre is to close to the plastic mud guard thing that protects the shock then all the mud and <deleted> gets all clogged up in there

Funny how on the tyre wall it says for u.s. Only I didn't know they make tires for specific country's use only

Edited by taninthai

^

yeah 3 months ago I bought a cheap set of full on motox tyres(Thai brand) ,anyway been so busy with work don't have time to go off road so for the last 3 months been using the bike for a run around on concrete only ,what a nightmare the full motox tyres are on the road hit 80 km/r and the front starts shaking it's head violently,these pirelli are designed for 70% off road 30% on road so a little improvement for me on the concrete between trails but yes thou have to be careful and aware that you are using knobbies on the concrete and then if it starts raining even more dangerous.

^

standard sizes front 90/90-21. Rear 120/80-18 it's not to clever to throw anything bigger on these bikes otherwise the tyre is to close to the plastic mud guard thing that protects the shock then all the mud and <deleted> gets all clogged up in there

Funny how on the tyre wall it says for u.s. Only I didn't know they make tires for specific country's use only

Cheers...let us know how you get on with them thumbsup.gif

What a sweet little bike this is...single finger clutch and the gearbox is a slick as you like...did 85km this afternoon,,,nice thumbsup.gif . Bit of a come-down from my old WR450 but nice to ride all the same wink.png

That says a lot if a smaller bike can satisfy after being used to a much more powerful one!

Most people who are used to bigger bikes complain about no power but if you move up from a 125cc you'll be very surprised.

That says a lot if a smaller bike can satisfy after being used to a much more powerful one!

Most people who are used to bigger bikes complain about no power but if you move up from a 125cc you'll be very surprised.

I used to ride the WR450F in sand dunes so needed the grunt to get thru them...nothing like that needed here LOL

Finally got the new rubber today these are highly rated for off road with a little bit of concrete thrown in 5000 bht for the set pirelli mt21 attachicon.gif1362984672351.jpg attachicon.gif1362984706227.jpg

Where did you bought them? Here in Pattaya they are asking 2950B for only the front tire. Let me know how the front wheel steers on soft sand compare to the bikes original tires.

Finally got the new rubber today these are highly rated for off road with a little bit of concrete thrown in 5000 bht for the set pirelli mt21 attachicon.gif1362984672351.jpg attachicon.gif1362984706227.jpg

Where did you bought them? Here in Pattaya they are asking 2950B for only the front tire. Let me know how the front wheel steers on soft sand compare to the bikes original tires.

i got them from bkk front 2050 bht, rear 2650 bht plus 230 bht delivery to krabi email contact for anyone interested [email protected]

i got them from bkk front 2050 bht, rear 2650 bht plus 230 bht delivery to krabi email contact for anyone interested [email protected]

2050, thats a bargain. Have you tried them in deep soft sand yet?

/T

Edited by TramsRepus

/T

Nope just got the front one fitted yesterday not doing any off roaring for a week or so,soft deep sand is probably one of the hardest terrains to ride in and no matter what tyres you have it will be more about rider skill and technic you need to keep the power on and keep the front as light as possible which isn't to easy with the CRf.

/T

Nope just got the front one fitted yesterday not doing any off roaring for a week or so,soft deep sand is probably one of the hardest terrains to ride in and no matter what tyres you have it will be more about rider skill and technic you need to keep the power on and keep the front as light as possible which isn't to easy with the CRf.

Sure it is much about skills, but different tires will behave differently, I don't believe that front tires different designs

are just made for marketing reasons?. I can be wrong though.

Below is the front tyre i just took off my bike that was pretty good in sand but completely useless for the road or any harder surface mud, clay and rocks etc

It was apure off road motox tyre only cost 1000 bht thai brand called deestone its pretty hard/impossible to find a perfect tyre for all conditions so you have to decide whats best for yourself

post-105817-13631666743345_thumb.jpg

post-105817-13631668377296_thumb.jpg

Below is the front tyre i just took off my bike that was pretty good in sand but completely useless for the road or any harder surface mud, clay and rocks etc It was apure off road motox tyre only cost 1000 bht thai brand called deestone its pretty hard/impossible to find a perfect tyre for all conditions so you have to decide whats best for yourself attachicon.gif1363166611635.jpg attachicon.gif1363166775646.jpg

I see, it is far apart between the knobs. I just got a quote from Charlie. 2050B for a 90/90-21, same as you but he wanted 250baht to Pattaya for ONE tyre :-o ... And not to my address but to a bus station 10km from my place.

Edited by TramsRepus

Below is the front tyre i just took off my bike that was pretty good in sand but completely useless for the road or any harder surface mud, clay and rocks etc It was apure off road motox tyre only cost 1000 bht thai brand called deestone its pretty hard/impossible to find a perfect tyre for all conditions so you have to decide whats best for yourself attachicon.gif1363166611635.jpg attachicon.gif1363166775646.jpg

I see, it is far apart between the knobs. I just got a quote from Charlie. 2050B for a 90/90-21, same as you but he wanted 250baht to Pattaya for ONE tyre :-o ... And not to my address but to a bus station 10km from my place.

2950 here on the bike. I don't know how much a tire shop charge to switch the tires. I might buy it here as im going to ride on friday and would be nice to have then. Im only riding this bike off-road and to and from it on tarmac.

Edited by TramsRepus

Yep that's the size I have ,delivery was same for me went to the depot in the town 15 k from me,I believe Charlie imports all the pirelli tyres for Thailand so your man in pattaya has probably got the tyre from them I'd go down have a friendly chat with your man and ask for little discount 2,500 bht would be ok.

Oh and I payed 50 bht to have the tyre fitted.

Yeah in a way I wish I'd bought a 2nd hand bike then the sand and salt wouldn't bother me as much but I don't want to destroy a new bike I've seen what the sand and salt does to our Honda click that goes up and down the beach everyday for 5 years its not a pretty sight.

Anyway only 6-8 weeks left at this location then time to move on ,one plus is the new place we move to should have road access soooooo I can get a road bike aswell ...........