All Stuffed Now (Maybe)

phutoie2

Just been on Channel 3 morning news show, a Thai wedding, - 10 million Baht sin sot & 40 Baht gold.

Young farang and his Surin girlfriend. Impressive wedding, groom riding on decorative elephant to the family home.

Perhaps I should have put this in the cheap charlie topic currently running.

ph34r.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never understood, (or rather never previously bothered to find out), about this 40 baht gold thing.

Somebody kindly explain?

You go to the gold shop. You buy x baht of gold. (1 baht of gold costs around 24000 Baht. It is a unit of weight, like a carat) You give the gold to your new mother-in-law. That's about it.

I hit the translate button for one of the articles posted above and here is one line that came up, " Ms. rising sun amazing winners have to say that the bride is the eldest son of the family." cheesy.gif

Maybe Google translate knows a little more than what is published. giggle.gif

Never understood, (or rather never previously bothered to find out), about this 40 baht gold thing.

Somebody kindly explain?

You go to the gold shop. You buy x baht of gold. (1 baht of gold costs around 24000 Baht. It is a unit of weight, like a carat) You give the gold to your new mother-in-law. That's about it.

ok got it now. Tks Briggsy

Think he looked a tad more besotted by her...she looked interested in the treasure.......and an upcountry shin dig too....newbi.......shameful really and all that access to google he must have.

Edited by samsiam

I can't believe these jealous opinions I bet from the Chang drinkers mainly.

If it doesn't hurt anyone and he wants to do this then let him.

I for one hope they are very happy together

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

whatever you think-write or say it doesn't detract from the fact that this man has travelled to a foreign country and handed over money for the privilege of marrying a co worker, surely that would be viewed as rather strange actions in the corporate world?

signed.... a Chang drinker jerk.gif