All Stuffed Now (Maybe)

phutoie2

she is older then him, and they have been together 6 years.

maybe like mine the sin sod was given back who knows, i came out in front with gold to, well in front.

wifes father gave me some nice gold.

6 years is a while so they are doing ok.

Not sure where you got that she’s older than him from?

According to the article he’s 42 and she’s 36.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll hear from him sooner or later, in the forum, whining about been taken to the cleaners.. ph34r.png

He paid 10 million in Sin Sod + 40 Baht gold and now you're saying he might be taken to the cleaners...?

rolleyes.gif

Don't be so quick to ridicule - been is past tense as he has already been taken.

Love is grand.

We'll hear from him sooner or later, in the forum, whining about been taken to the cleaners.. ph34r.png

He paid 10 million in Sin Sod + 40 Baht gold and now you're saying he might be taken to the cleaners...?

rolleyes.gif

Perhaps the ten mil sin sot is just for show.....the in-laws will certainly be returning the loot later in private.wink.pngrolleyes.gif

that much money he would be a fool not to have it returned, when mine was returned i did not ask for it back, but i was told to keep it quiet.

Yep. Returned sin sot is more prevalently practiced than most suspect.

rolleyes.gif

Don't be so quick to ridicule - been is past tense as he has already been taken.

Love is grand.

I agree, but sinse "will" is future tense I reckoned the author of the post imagined it "would" happen (sooner or later, as it were). Where as we tend to agree it already has...

rolleyes.gif

Love is grand.

I agree, but sinse "will" is future tense I reckoned the author of the post imagined it "would" happen (sooner or later, as it were). Where as we tend to agree it already has...

What I meant is that he is not aware of it yet hence the use of future tense :>

rolleyes.gif

Perhaps the ten mil sin sot is just for show.....the in-laws will certainly be returning the loot later in private.wink.pngrolleyes.gif

Of course they will, just as in all traditional sin sot shows for the wedding ceremony. He's probably already put the money back in his account!

Ah, love, ain't it grand.

As for the miserable looking inlaws - I would look miserable too if you asked me to carry a heavy tree branch down the road on a hot day doing a jig....

How cruel... who forced the "miserable looking inlaws" to carry a heavy tree branch down the road on a hot day doing a jig...

The perpetrators should be found and punished for this extreme cruel deed. mad.gif

Appalling, to say the least!

Edited by ravip

....what to say ???...time wil tell........either way...'a big show'........egos prevail in any culture.........(Watched the video, though.....and at the moment where someone 'prompts' them to kiss.......the 'body language' was rather 'rigid'....'forced'....and the expression on the bride's face was something 'other than love'....sorry to say)........(Been there, done that.....on a smaller scale....the 2 principals....in the end.....will always remain....'worlds apart'.....)

....what to say ???...time wil tell........either way...'a big show'........egos prevail in any culture.........(Watched the video, though.....and at the moment where someone 'prompts' them to kiss.......the 'body language' was rather 'rigid'....'forced'....and the expression on the bride's face was something 'other than love'....sorry to say)........(Been there, done that.....on a smaller scale....the 2 principals....in the end.....will always remain....'worlds apart'.....)

This kind of display of affection is frowned upon is traditional Thai culture, hence her "rigid" attitude.

Some knowledge of Thai culture should be required before posting, especially for negative and derogatory comments

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 1

This kind of display of affection is frowned upon is traditional Thai culture, hence her "rigid" attitude.

Some knowledge of Thai culture should be required before posting, especially negative and derogatory comments

You are wrong!

If the Thai woman likes you, she shows it.

If it's purely money and Thai woman doesn't like you she shows that too.

Same for Thai men and foreign men.

I know Thai men who paid for wives that didn't like them, the wife was always cold and distant.

I know Thai men who paid for wives that did like them, the wife cuddled in public.

@Jurgan

I once thought the same as you, when I first went back to my wifes village she cuddled and walked with her arm around me.

I asked her "should you be doing this?", her reply, "If anyone doesn't like it, F*&% 'em"

Edited by ludditeman
  • Like 1

BIll Morrisey wrote a good song about how easy it is to write a song or to catch a woman with a smile, but impossible to keep. I don't think that he was really a cynic, but a realist, having won and lost many times in my own life I think it is true. This man will learn when he is older, as I have. I am a woman, not a man, so just think lesbian, OK?

I've been trying to decide if it was worth responding to the mostly cynical and negative opinion posted here, and came to the conclusion that the entertainment value is probably sufficient to do so. Yes, I am the groom in the related news stories (the fact they were made public wasn't expected or desired, although having a front-page newspaper story as a memento is nice).

A word of advice: don't believe everything you read in the newspaper (or on the Internet). Those of you who are intelligent enough to figure out there's no Microsoft development office in Phuket are probably also smart enough to take the rest of the "facts" in the published story with a huge dose of salt - even our respective ages aren't reported accurately!

As for the rest of you who have alternated between criticism of my wife's age, appearance, their assessment of my family's joy at our celebration, and cynical assumptions regarding money and the cultural tradition of sinsot; I think you're probably revealing more about yourselves than you imagine - certainly you're far less qualified to judge my own situation than I am.

I'm very happy to have finally married this wonderful woman, and been able to celebrate in fine style with both families in an elaborate traditional style. For those of you who care about such things, doing this in rural Thailand has cost far less than it would in Australia (or most developed countries), and provided my friends and family with a very special occasion to remember. For the cynics who seem to dominate the TV forums, think what you like - I'm glad I don't live in your world.

PS: I must confess I don't understand the OP's title - perhaps it's a colloquialism I'm not familiar with?

• Like 2

I've been trying to decide if it was worth responding to the mostly cynical and negative opinion posted here, and came to the conclusion that the entertainment value is probably sufficient to do so. Yes, I am the groom in the related news stories (the fact they were made public wasn't expected or desired, although having a front-page newspaper story as a memento is nice).

A word of advice: don't believe everything you read in the newspaper (or on the Internet). Those of you who are intelligent enough to figure out there's no Microsoft development office in Phuket are probably also smart enough to take the rest of the "facts" in the published story with a huge dose of salt - even our respective ages aren't reported accurately!

As for the rest of you who have alternated between criticism of my wife's age, appearance, their assessment of my family's joy at our celebration, and cynical assumptions regarding money and the cultural tradition of sinsot; I think you're probably revealing more about yourselves than you imagine - certainly you're far less qualified to judge my own situation than I am.

I'm very happy to have finally married this wonderful woman, and been able to celebrate in fine style with both families in an elaborate traditional style. For those of you who care about such things, doing this in rural Thailand has cost far less than it would in Australia (or most developed countries), and provided my friends and family with a very special occasion to remember. For the cynics who seem to dominate the TV forums, think what you like - I'm glad I don't live in your world.

PS: I must confess I don't understand the OP's title - perhaps it's a colloquialism I'm not familiar with?

So....what became of the 10 mil?

So this is your chance to put the record straight on the errors in the article.

That's a question I won't be answering. Given that the whole purpose of sinsot these days is the gain in face for the bride's family, it'd be rather counter-productive (not to mention tactless) to discuss it afterwards, wouldn't you agree? Let's just say that whether it was given back or not wouldn't have a material impact on my own affairs, and it's nobody else's business.

I have no reason nor desire to put the record straight, but I can say that it is highly inaccurate. Despite that, I'm quite happy with it as a harmless and happy story that I can keep for posterity. Who knows, it might even come in handy one day if I need to "prove my ties" to the community or anything similar.

• Like 1

That's a question I won't be answering. Given that the whole purpose of sinsot these days is the gain in face for the bride's family, it'd be rather counter-productive (not to mention tactless) to discuss it afterwards, wouldn't you agree? Let's just say that whether it was given back or not wouldn't have a material impact on my own affairs, and it's nobody else's business.

I have no reason nor desire to put the record straight, but I can say that it is highly inaccurate. Despite that, I'm quite happy with it as a harmless and happy story that I can keep for posterity. Who knows, it might even come in handy one day if I need to "prove my ties" to the community or anything similar.

If you think that giving large sums of money to the wife's family will "prove your ties" to the Thai authorities - you're living in cloud cuckoo land....

I don't blame you though for deciding its better not to sully yourself by 'putting the record straight' rolleyes.gif .