Israeli hacker publishes credit card details of Saudis

News_Editor

Israeli hacker publishes credit card details of Saudis

2012-01-12 09:37:20 GMT+7 (ICT)

TEL AVIV (BNO NEWS) -- An Israeli hacker has published the credit card details of hundreds of Saudi nationals after a similar move by anti-Israel hackers last week, local media reported on Wednesday.

The Israeli hacker, who calls himself Omer Cohen or 0xOmer, published hundreds of credit card numbers, email addresses and phone numbers belonging to mostly Saudi nationals on Pastebin, a free text-hosting website, on Tuesday night. Last week, the details of about 15,000 Israeli credit cards were posted on the One sports website by a Saudi national who used the pseudonym OxOmar.

"This is just the beginning," 0xOmer told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday. "We have over 300 Saudi credit card numbers in our possession... and over 10,000 personal details of people in Saudi Arabia, including full names, emails, and addresses. If they publish one more little detail on Israel, we will attack in full force and publish all of the credit card details".

Cohen said he would not publish the three-digit card security code, or CVC numbers, adding that his aim was only to warn anti-Israel hackers and deter them against future attacks. "I belong to a group of hackers named Israel Defenders," he said, adding the team is made up of four members.

He claimed that one of the members is an Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldier serving in Military Intelligence. "Many want to know how old I am, and some think I'm an adult. The right answer is that I'm 17," 0xOmer added.

Last week, Israeli credit card companies and the Bank of Israel scrambled to quickly disable credit card numbers compromised by the actions of OxOmar. The Bank of Israel said customers would not bear responsibility for any fraudulent use of their cards.

An international group of hackers claimed to have gained access to 400,000 Israeli credit card accounts before OxOmar published the credit card details of thousands of Israelis. They warned that they would continue to publish more account information already in their possession.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-01-12

<deleted>...? Luckily Nigeria is in the grip of a national strike so the e-mails scamsters and bank account hackers there might miss out on the chance to find out how to do this...Is nothing safe these days ?

You should be more weary of your own kind who're big time fraudsters, but lie very low here in Los.

I think he is a nice Jewish boy making a good point. He hasn't hurt anybody and is not draining accounts.

You've got hackers? We've got hackers ... so watch out.

post-37101-0-44863700-1326371612_thumb.j

An eye for an eye.

Jews, muslims and christians share the same fairy tales, including this one, that leaves everybody blind.

I think he is a nice Jewish boy making a good point. He hasn't hurt anybody and is not draining accounts.

An eye for an eye.

Jews, muslims and christians share the same fairy tales, including this one, that leaves everybody blind.

Cliches are like ... (oh, that's dirty).

I don't know about Muslims and Christians but that pacifist turn the other cheek thingie didn't work so well for Jews in World War 2 ...

Edited by Jingthing

An eye for an eye.

Cliches are like ... (oh, that's dirty).

I don't know about Muslims and Christians but that pacifist turn the other cheek thingie didn't work so well for Jews in World War 2 ...

that non pacifist not turn the other cheek did not work out so well in vietnam, afganistan, iraq,