Bike Accident On Petchaburi Road

fallingintoinfinity

Near MP gas station (Chevy & hummer dealer)

Just saw 2 farangs lying on the road... bleeding & could see them alive. I was on my way to office on the other side.

Cops had already come & emergency crew too.. But, still could see the injured lying in pain on the road. They were not even put on a strecher..

No idea whether they were given basic 1st aid ?? :o

Just saw 2 farangs lying on the road... bleeding & could see them alive. I was on my way to office on the other side.

Cops had already come & emergency crew too.. But, still could see the injured lying in pain on the road. They were not even put on a strecher..

No idea whether they were given basic 1st aid ??  :o

Were they riding bicycles? I have ridden bikes in a lot of major cities, having lived in San Francisco and Amsterdam. Scares the hel_l out of me to think of riding one here and I do consider it from time to time. But the drivers just don't care. Thais are very very different behind the wheel of a car. Anymore information on the riders? Hospitalized?

No idea whether they were given basic 1st aid ??  :o

Were they riding bicycles? I have ridden bikes in a lot of major cities, having lived in San Francisco and Amsterdam. Scares the hel_l out of me to think of riding one here and I do consider it from time to time. But the drivers just don't care. Thais are very very different behind the wheel of a car. Anymore information on the riders? Hospitalized?

DO NOT RIDE

Comming back from a visa-run some months ago two young kids, perhaps 14-15, had collided with a truck on their little scooter. Police was on the scene so the traffic moved by slow. The young kids where just put on the mid-section on the grass while police was standing around directing traffic. The amount of blood and seeing how smashed up especially one of the kids was...I don't think they where waiting for ambulance...

"Don't ride a mc-bike" is what my kids are going to be told every day...

Edited by TAWP

Been a motorcyclist on Thailand's roads for years, no problem.

I feel safer here than in the UK, though it initially needed some attitude and style adjustments... :D

But I must say, the thought of getting into a serious accident frightens me, there seems to be little practical help forthcoming in such event. :o