US Embassy Warns Of Possible Terrorist Attack In Bangkok

webfact

they have not removed it yet

Emergency Message to U.S. Citizens: Possible Terrorist Threat

This message alerts U.S. citizens in Thailand that foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok in the near future.

http://bangkok.usemb...ncymessage.html

Thailand Country Specific Information

http://travel.state....s/cis_1040.html

I just read there's an arrest warrant out for the guy who got away. Maybe that's why the warning is still in effect???

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have not removed it yet

Emergency Message to U.S. Citizens: Possible Terrorist Threat

This message alerts U.S. citizens in Thailand that foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok in the near future.

http://bangkok.usemb...ncymessage.html

Thailand Country Specific Information

http://travel.state....s/cis_1040.html

I just read there's an arrest warrant out for the guy who got away. Maybe that's why the warning is still in effect???

Very likely.

The Criminal Court yesterday approved an arrest warrant for James Sammy Paolo, aged 40. Like the first arrested, he is also Lebanese.

The Criminal Court yesterday approved an arrest warrant for James Sammy Paolo, aged 40. Like the first arrested, he is also Lebanese.

Search begins for second terrorist suspect

BANGKOK, 20 January 2012 (NNT) - After the Criminal Court has approved an arrest warrant for the second Lebanese terrorist suspect, Thai police are now on the hunt.

The Court has issued an arrest warrant for the 40-year-old James Sammy Paolo, who allegedly is an accomplice of arrested suspect Atris Hussein.

Mr Hussein was arrested last weekend. The police only charge him with illegal possession of ammonia nitrate, a chemical compound used in bomb making. The suspect and witnesses have implicated Mr Paolo as an accomplice. Police are still in the dark about the whereabouts of the second suspect.

In the meantime, the police have found a second safe house in Samut Sakorn Province which has been rented by the terrorist suspects. Accordimg to neighbors, the suspects moved several large boxes into the house in August 2010, but no one lived in the house. Mr Hussein reportedly moved the boxes out four months later, and the neighbors have never seen him since.

Since then, the house has been rented out to two other people.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-01-20 footer_n.gif

Edited by Buchholz

In the meantime, the police have found a second safe house in Samut Sakorn Province which has been rented by the terrorist suspects. Accordimg to neighbors, the suspects moved several large boxes into the house in August 2010, but no one lived in the house. Mr Hussein reportedly moved the boxes out four months later, and the neighbors have never seen him since.

Another house.... Another explosive concoction.

Who will this suspect say is responsible? M.I.6?

I always thought Nana Plaza would be a prime target for jihadists on a mission from God. Full of sinful girls, booze, infidels (oh yeah, and Arabs). Several pounds of C4 exploded in the middle would create a compression wave that would be devastating, and then there is only one way out. Scary thought.

Three-sided Nana's always been the place that gives me the willies too (and I'm not talking about the ladyboy bars...:-)

Except the one area you fail to mention is that the Jihadists would have one less place to get blown, and to fool around. Most of them are hypocrites, and when someone is not looking, are looking to "get busy", and get loose. Only when their brethren are looking, are they holier than thou.