Hezbollah 'Calls Off Attacks'

Lite Beer

What a joke Thai government is saying. I know Palestinians here and they are not terrorists.

Israel or (Zionist) is only saying this because it’s what they do best spread lies known as propaganda to provoke fear in any country.

There was no plot against Bangkok or Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke Thai government is saying. I know Palestinians here and they are not terrorists.

Israel or (Zionist) is only saying this because it’s what they do best spread lies known as propaganda to provoke fear in any country.

There was no plot against Bangkok or Thailand.

You're right, the plot isn't against Thailand. It's against Israel, Jews, Americans, Brits and anyone close enough for jazz. The way you slip in the word Zionist as if you think you're saying a naughty word. That's cute. Edited by Jingthing

I don't care whether these guys were Hezbollah, Lebanese, Swedes, Eskimos, dwarfs or transvestites... I don't care what country they came from or what nationality they claim. The fact that they were plotting a bombing attack aimed at killing innocent civilians is enough... that's all that matters.

That pretty much says it all. thumbsup.gif

Check this thread

thaivisa.com/forum/topic/526371-terror-suspect-still-at-large-may-be-hezbollah-operative-israeli-news/

These guys are described by Israel as networker and heads in charge with the mission to recruit new Hezbollah agents, setting up schools, cultural and religious facilities for the benefit of the country’s Muslim population to teach anti Israel propaganda.

That is probably done in a legal way. I think that keeps them busy so they don't have the time to blow up every beer bar with some western customers.

And there is no doubt that Israel would like to get them arrested and extradited once they are in a country that would cooperate with Israel in this case. And it is obvious that Thailand didn't do that.

So i see the warning by the embassy more like a pushing of Thailand to do something about it, rather the there was a real danger of a concrete attack.

Those warnings are bully tool because it will hurt tourism.

But Thailand has no interest to get involved in the Israel Hezbollah conflict, nor want to upset that part of the world who are with the Hezbollah in that conflict.

Of course you do. There there now. The Americans are bullies who use bully tools.

Do you really think it would deter terrorists from blowing something up because the embassy released some warning?

Its a muscle play to push Thailand. Just look how upset the Thai officials are about these warnings. If the danger was real and imminent they would be thankful.

I don't think the Thai government are greedy bunch of liars that puts the life of tourists at risk in order to make the big money. (but a conclusion/bashing like this would be the right thing to say to avoid to come under the suspicion to be a disgruntled anti American)

The issue is the different view and opinion about the Hezbollah activities, like setting up these cultural/propaganda centers.

To understand this you have to accept the fact that Hezbollah aren't terrorists in the eyes of everyone.

Do you think that is so unlikely that the Embassy would push that warning button in a power play? Just as a little demonstration what would could happen if Thailand don't act more restrictive measure against that what starts with some high profile Hezbollah on a tour in Thailand?

"I don't think the Thai government are greedy bunch of liars that puts the life of tourists at risk in order to make the big money."

Funny you should say that because that's EXACTLY what they would do. And the warnings aren't to deter the terrorists, the warnings are there to make sure their citizens take precautions when they're out and about. Oh and regarding Hezbollah, well when you go around suicide bombing embassies and stuff, you're a God damned terrorist no matter what people say.

I understand why Thailand doesn't want this mess on their soil. But based on their history, it IS on their soil. So denial is just the usual PR and spin for obvious pecuniary, deflect the blame purposes. It sounds like the Thai government is angry now at the U.S. for speaking the truth.

The truth is that Thailand doesn't want take sides in the Israel- Hezbollah conflict.

I think some Argentinians may have some issues with Hezbollah's targeting, but be that as it may - if talking about Kao Sarn road - that's a pretty target-rich area (assuming you're looking for Israeli/Jewish ones).

As to their focus - while true that they concentrate a lot of effort vs, Israel, they are also very much invested in the ongoing power struggle within Lebanon. This isn't always done on a political level, as the late prime minister found out. Attacks against political rivals are pretty common, and sadly, targeting isn't much better at home, it seems.

Yeah, for sure Hezbollah's anti-Israeli campaigns relates to the struggle for power in Lebanon.

I'm not sure the accused actions in Argentina are relavent. That was when Israel still occupied southern Lebanon.

• Like 1

I don't care whether these guys were Hezbollah, Lebanese, Swedes, Eskimos, dwarfs or transvestites... I don't care what country they came from or what nationality they claim. The fact that they were plotting a bombing attack aimed at killing innocent civilians is enough... that's all that matters.

How is it a fact that these people were plotting a bomb attack aimed at innocent civilians? The only fact is that Thai government said that there was a plot and then it was abondoned.

Anyone who has been here in Thailand long enough should know to take official Thai government statements with a grain of salt. PR and actual actions are two different things.

Ri-ight...

Complete load of b******s, methinks!!! The CIA and whatever other covert intelligence organisations cannot get anthing like all the information our countries seek and need on these groups and their activities, but some muslim guy the Thai police conveniently arrest (after warnings from the US Embassy about possible attacks in Thailand!) reveals to his local captors, 'Ok you got me.. now my groups cancelling all its terrorist activity over here!'... Team America World Police II will surely be set in Thailand!!!!!!!... (actually, on the movie scenario theme, the 'Nothing to see here folks.. ignore these ridiculous 'scaremongers'.. all's safe and well in the Land of Smiles..' smacks of the Governor of Amity's (JAWS) self-centred concern and ignorance over losing tourist trade despite a man-eating monster Great White off its coast!!!)... I would say that you couldn't make it all up, but someone obviously already has!!!...

I think some Argentinians may have some issues with Hezbollah's targeting, but be that as it may - if talking about Kao Sarn road - that's a pretty target-rich area (assuming you're looking for Israeli/Jewish ones).

As to their focus - while true that they concentrate a lot of effort vs, Israel, they are also very much invested in the ongoing power struggle within Lebanon. This isn't always done on a political level, as the late prime minister found out. Attacks against political rivals are pretty common, and sadly, targeting isn't much better at home, it seems.

Yeah, for sure Hezbollah's anti-Israeli campaigns relates to the struggle for power in Lebanon.

I'm not sure the accused actions in Argentina are relavent. That was when Israel still occupied southern Lebanon.

Iran funds Hezbollah. Iran is in revenge mode. Get the picture? I think you do but for some reason won't acknowledge it.

There were other, less "sucsessful" attempts - in Egypt and Turkey, for example. Those are pretty recent. I think it has more to do with retalitaion and chance to carry out something.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, is scheduled to arrive in Israel on Thursday for talks with Defense Minister Ehud Barak, Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz, and other senior defense and intelligence officials.

The visit comes as the United States attempts to coordinate with Israel on the issue of Iran's nuclear capabilities, and to determine Israel's intentions with regard to a possible attack on Iranian nuclear facilities.

http://www.haaretz.com

• Published 03:31 15.01.12
  • Latest update 03:31 15.01.12

Does the above not clearly show the agenda for the issue of a terrorist warning and thus in the eyes of the two involved nations legitimizing yet another military incursion and the resultant , "Doomsday clock,'' move forward yet again.

This movement forward being due to the actions of two of the worlds leading terrorist organisations.

Israel or rather its leaders are becoming loose cannons who will indeed plunge the region and the rest of the world into chaos if they are not reined in. America being the largest satellite state of Israel has no option but to follow, however to Americas credit the military leadership and no doubt the more sane members of the government can see the writing on the wail. It seems as if they (America) are at least trying to restrain Israel from its foolhardy move that seriously endangers world peace.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Iran funds Hezbollah. Iran is in revenge mode. Get the picture? I think you do but for some reason won't acknowledge it.

Revenge for what?
  • Like 1

"The suspect told us that the movement cancelled the plan after the authorities learned about it," he said, declining to provide any more details of the alleged confession. Great so you can all parade around Bangkok on your Harley Davidsons, with your Stars and Stripes t-shirts on, absolutely no problem, what a relief cowboy.gif

You are right, people who plot bombing attacks aimed at killing innocent civilians are terrorists.

The question is: have the accused actually done that?

In the past several days, there have been several Thai government statements to the local media saying the guy in custody has confessed to plotting an attack in BKK. What more do you want???

How is it a fact that these people were plotting a bomb attack aimed at innocent civilians? The only fact is that Thai government said that there was a plot and then it was abondoned.

Anyone who has been here in Thailand long enough should know to take official Thai government statements with a grain of salt. PR and actual actions are two different things.

That's certainly true about the veracity of the Thai government, especially the current one...

But, the government public statements that the guy in custody has confessed to having plotted an attack in BKK is as much of a "fact" as we have to work with right now...

Of course, if the Thai authorities were making this all up, they'd have to know that an innocent/wrongly accused guy would turn around upon his eventual release and deny the entire thing.

Frankly, I'm less interested in what the alleged terrorist says he did or didn't do.... I'm more interested in what the actual evidence shows about what kind of plotting he did or didn't do...

That's why the guy ought to be prosecuted in criminal court if there's a legitimate case....so the allegations can be proven and the evidence produced... But it seems like the Thai government doesn't want that to happen.

If Iran wasn't acting belligerent 24 / 7 / for decades this wouldn't be an issue.

If it is true that iran is making nukes, their mindset is not that of someone who should have them.

Zealots of mass destruction is not a good thing for the world.

This is not about Islam, but about violent attitudes, that in this case are coupled to some islamists.

Iran could have had peace and prosperity decades ago, but they themselves choose belligerence.

The majority of Iranians are quite young and apparently do not identify with the anti-west fear mongering of their aging or indoctrinated leaders, this no doubt gives those leaders some fear of losing control. Keeping control through nationalism and us against them rhetoric and actual battles with the great satan would appeal to those fearing they will soon lose control of their masses. If distraction to other targets abets their plans I doubt they would hesitate to take out a few Buddhists with a few westerners as a distraction. Besides that the Buddhist Thai government is fighting fellow islamist zealots in their land.

+1

Revenge for what?

One of their scientists involved in the nuclear research has been killed a few days ago.

They think Israel did it.

My concern shortly after some information started coming out about a possible attack is that they need local help of some sort. Either they have people in place (foreigners who have been here for a time or locals). Any plan takes times.

Does anybody have any idea how many schools they are funding?

BTW, as a follow-up...and particularly to any of the Swedish members here...

I haven't heard/seen any follow-up from the Swedish government about their knowledge of the guy in custody with the Swedish passport...

Presumably, they were going to be checking to determine whether he was traveling with a forged/fake Swedish passport, or whether he's really a Swedish citizen of some variety...

Anyone heard/seen anything of an update on that aspect of the case?