Hezbollah 'Calls Off Attacks'

Lite Beer

One would assume they have walked along Sukhumvit Soi 5, picked up the first middle eastern people they saw, and said "that will do". Although I more believe it is just the American Government trying to put some fear into the potential voters here in Thailand and continue their Huxley style leadership through fear they have mastered over the last 20 years or so, IF there is an attack in Bangkok, it will be a tad bad for all concerned.

OMG, so you think the Obama administration engineered this whole thing over the tiny number of potential expat votes in Thailand?

Reported on every major News Corporation in the world. Target is not just Thailand if one were to believe this, but expat voters world wide. "You are not safe - let's bomb iran" crazy.gif

If Iran would stop funding the idiots who for idealogical reasons think it is necessary to kill Westerners wherever they may be, then the likelihood of Iran being bombed would be greatly reduced.

Of course this logic will not be recognized in Tehran as it is run by a moron midget and old men who think that killing non-believers buys them a ticket to heaven.

+1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You based your argument on the premise that because there was a Lebanese embassy any visits by Lebanese nationals were absolutely legitimate.

Listen I did not bother to read the rest of your post after this 1st line....But

Umm no it was just a way of pointing out how absurd your original comment was....

Right, and the Lebanese national was here for the humus.

Listen read into it what you want...twist it as you like,,,,,Fact is your comment was obviously suggesting a Lebanese could have no other legitimate reason for being in Bangkok....How about the same reason you probably came for?

It is obvious to most how silly & fear mongering that is.... If you want to stick with it your welcome to it.

A Lebanese in Bangkok = humus eating or terrorism......coffee1.gif

Edited by flying

One would assume they have walked along Sukhumvit Soi 5, picked up the first middle eastern people they saw, and said "that will do". Although I more believe it is just the American Government trying to put some fear into the potential voters here in Thailand and continue their Huxley style leadership through fear they have mastered over the last 20 years or so, IF there is an attack in Bangkok, it will be a tad bad for all concerned.

OMG, so you think the Obama administration engineered this whole thing over the tiny number of potential expat votes in Thailand?

ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_

ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ROTFLOL_ etc.

Edited by animatic

Reported on every major News Corporation in the world. Target is not just Thailand if one were to believe this, but expat voters world wide. "You are not safe - let's bomb iran" crazy.gif

That's silly. Thailand has a real history of hosting foreign terrorists. Again, I don't believe for a second that the Obama administration wants to bomb Iran or wants Israel to bomb Iran. On the other hand, if Iran asks for it, like blocking the Straits of Hormuz, war of some kind will start in earnest.

If Iran wasn't acting belligerent 24 / 7 / for decades this wouldn't be an issue.

If it is true that iran is making nukes, their mindset is not that of someone who should have them.

Zealots of mass destruction is not a good thing for the world.

This is not about Islam, but about violent attitudes, that in this case are coupled to some islamists.

Iran could have had peace and prosperity decades ago, but they themselves choose belligerence.

The majority of Iranians are quite young and apparently do not identify with the anti-west fear mongering of their aging or indoctrinated leaders, this no doubt gives those leaders some fear of losing control. Keeping control through nationalism and us against them rhetoric and actual battles with the great satan would appeal to those fearing they will soon lose control of their masses. If distraction to other targets abets their plans I doubt they would hesitate to take out a few Buddhists with a few westerners as a distraction. Besides that the Buddhist Thai government is fighting fellow islamist zealots in their land.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

In my opinion yet another ploy by the vested interests involved who wish to fan the flames of imperial greatness and secure their future oil supplies along with the expansion of a land grabbing religious administration which masquerades as a nation of people rather than that which it really is.

Hezbollah has everything to lose and nothing to gain by carrying out a terrorist act here in Thailand,, neither do have the resources or in my opinion the will to carry out such an alleged attack.

A wonderful ruse to instill fright and terror into a community so as to justify another military incursion by the vested interests in a land or lands far away from here.

Don't bogart that joint dude.

• Like 1

Quote:

He said he would summon the ambassadors from those countries (...), or Thailand would issue retaliatory measures against such a move.

/Quote.

What age would you give to someone reacting with this impressive level of maturity?

+1

You don't have to plus 1 anymore. There is the like button now.

Next ...

And lets not forget... +1 do not go towards 'Like' counts

Indeed. Keep in mind each like point is redeemable for a free straw at any 7-11 in Thailand with the purchase of any drink. Not chopped liver. As if.

The officials' comments in the OP post here reflect what a bunch of bozo's they are...

So now another reported confirmation that the guy in custody has confessed to being part of a terrorist plot... And there's no mention from the authorities of any plan to prosecute him for that....

The OP report quotes the police chief as reassuringly saying the arrested guy says the attack plan has been called off now that he's been arrested... Well, on how many levels is that stupid:

--the police chief thinks he/we can believe what a self admitted terrorist says...

--the suspect is in custody, so how exactly would he know what his cohorts might be up to.

--If there was still a bomb plot afoot, wouldn't it be in the interest of the would-be bombers to get Thailand to relax its pitiful level of law enforcement.

--The guy in custody is, by the OP report, denying there was another guy involved (the second suspect on the loose). What does that say about his credibility.

As for the FM, it's too pitiful to say anything more regarding him.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Mr. Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Minister of Foreign Affairs, said that he is disappointed with travel advisories, which the governments of USA, Canada and Australia have issued, because none of these countries have been in contact and consulted with Thailand about this issue.

I can see his point. The terrorist 'threat' was a local affair.

Reminds me once asking our rustic tour guide if there were any dangerous snakes here. He was quite adamant that there were absolutely no poisonous snakes 'here'. Then he pointed at a thicket about 30 meters away and admonished, 'but over there....!'

• Like 1

He will summon them eh lol seriously who do these pissants think they are? I'm thankful to the Canadian Embassy for the warning, let me decide how to take it not some politician in Thailand who's only concern is saving face and how it will effect business. I would answer that summons by throwing the request in the bin.

As opposed to ignoring reality.

Well I will pay attention to reality as soon as it actually arrives.

So far.....nada.....just fear mongering & baseless claims.....But hey I have time

You on the other hand might want to start running now? Avoid that falling sky ;)

Edited by flying

Hezbollah has everything to lose and nothing to gain by carrying out a terrorist act here in Thailand,,

They have carried out attack in other places around the globe, so not a matter of capability or lack of resources.

Attacks aren't always directed at the country, but at targets within that country. That doesn't usually help bystanders much.

Your comments may prove too succinct and rational for some.

Too rational for some for sure.

Edited by metisdead

So far.....nada.....just fear mongering & baseless claims.....But hey I have time

You on the other hand might want to start running now? Avoid that falling sky wink.png

What will constitute your reality? An what will u do when it arrives?

What's this about running away? A bit of caution in everyday dealings for a few weeks could not go astray.

'Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul yesterday expressed his "disappointment and unhappiness" over the warnings by the United States, Canada and Australia. He said he would summon the ambassadors from those countries to explain the warnings to him, or Thailand would issue retaliatory measures against such a move.' It's time to play the music

It's time to light the lights

it's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.

It's time to put on makeup

It's time to dress up right

It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.

Why do we always come here

I guess we'll never know

It's like a kind of torture

To have to watch the show

You on the other hand might want to start running now? Avoid that falling sky wink.png

What's this about running away? A bit of caution in everyday dealings for a few weeks could not go astray.

I'm guessing the people killed by the attacks in London, Spain, etc, would have LOVED to been warned about them before hand. Might have saved a few lives. At least the ones who paid attention to the warnings.

I'm guessing the people killed by the attacks in London, Spain, etc, would have LOVED to been warned about them before hand. Might have saved a few lives. At least the ones who paid attention to the warnings.

Don't forget Bali. Another mecca for Western tourists where nobody was expecting such evil.

They are only called terrorists by very few Nations, less then ten.

They sent men to Thailand to attack innocent civilans and only called it off when they were discovered. They are TERRORISTS.

Nobody has done nothing and no charges were filed.

Anything else are just allegations and fear mongering rhetoric, propaganda of the war on terror.

Thailand has good ties with countries who see the Hezbollah as resistance movement and not as terrorists and furthermore no interests to get involved in the Israeli conflicts.

You could scream TERRORISTS even louder, it will remain a fact that its a stance only shared by Israel, USA, a few allies and some Sunni clerics. Other countries, other people have a different opinion.

• Like 2

They are only called terrorists by very few Nations, less then ten.

They sent men to Thailand to attack innocent civilans and only called it off when they were discovered. They are TERRORISTS.

Nobody has done nothing and no charges were filed.

Anything else are just allegations and fear mongering rhetoric, propaganda of the war on terror.

Thailand has good ties with countries who see the Hezbollah as resistance movement and not as terrorists and furthermore no interests to get involved in the Israeli conflicts.

You could scream TERRORISTS even louder, it will remain a fact that its a stance only shared by Israel, USA, a few allies and some Sunni clerics. Other countries, other people have a different opinion.

30 years of suicide bombings and they're not terrorists! Riiiiiight.

Embassy of Lebanon in Bangkok, Thailand

CTI Tower, 15th Floor ,Suit 191/ 67- 191,

Ratchadapisek Road, Klongtoey,

Bangkok 10110

Is the embassy still open?

The last time i checked it was closed

The Lebanese government it not elected in the way the British or US government is

The members are certainly elected to parliament but the goverment is

a coalition with every party included.......... Without that nothing gets done. :bah:

Warnings originating with Israel were given. The Thai government got upset as it was another blow for tourism. An arrest had to be made so the government could say the danger was over. They found a scapegoat. He cooperated with police by saying Hezbollah had changed their mind so tourists need not worry about visiting LOS. Police haven't charged him. Tourism is protected. He can go home to Lebanon, where he'll be in deep caca. He's a scapegoat

And is there any report of Hezbollah having attacked a target that was not connected with Israel. I doubt if there are enough Israelis on KS rd or Soi 22 to make them targets. This could be part of an Israeli plan to further discredit Hezbollah (and Iran) by adding a bomb plot in Thailand to their record. Who knows? Maybe only MOSSAD or CIA know the truth.

Edited by TantraMantra

Warnings originating with Israel were given. The Thai government got upset as it was another blow for tourism. An arrest had to be made so the government could say the danger was over. They found a scapegoat. He cooperated with police by saying Hezbollah had changed their mind so tourists need not worry about visiting LOS. Police haven't charged him. Tourism is protected. He can go home to Lebanon, where he'll be in deep caca. He's a scapegoat

And is there any report of Hezbollah attacked a target that was not connected with Israel. I doubt if there are enough Israelis on KS rd or Soi 22 to make them targets. This could be part of an Israeli plan to further discredit Hezbollah by adding a bomb plot in Thailand to their record. Who knows? Maybe only MOSSAD or CIA know the truth.

Isn't there a 'Jewish Israeli only' hotel with Hasidic heavies on the door around the corner from Kao San?