Hezbollah 'Calls Off Attacks'

Lite Beer

On the subject of whether someone plotting a bomb attack -- but not actually doing it -- has committed a crime under Thailand's penal code, I did manage to find an English version of the Penal Code and a section on terrorism that appears to cover the circumstances alleged at hand here....

If you read the following, you'd wonder how the Thai government folks could be saying a guy who allegedly plotted a bomb attack in Bangkok hasn't broken any law.

TITLE I/I

THE OFFENCE IN RESPECT OF TERRORIZATION

Section 135/2 Whoever:

1. Treated to make a terrorization under circumstances advisable to be believed that such person will do as treatment really; or
  2. Collect forces or arms, procure or gather property, give or receive a training terrorization, prepare any other act or conspire each other to terrorize or commit any offence in a part of plan to terrorize or abet people into a part of terrorization or ones know the terrorists and commit any act to be covered;

Such person shall be imprisoned as from two years to ten years and fined as from four ten thousands Baht to two hundred thousands Baht.

http://www.samuifors...l-code.html#112

Thanks John!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does that make any sense?

No it does not & none of this whole fear mongering, false flag event has made any sense.

At least not to sensible folks.

Of course it has provided yet another soapbox for those that want to bomb this or that country for being terrorist or supporters of terrorism.

Yet it has all the usual facts & justifications..............aka: none

Do you seriously believe that the US wants to be involved in another war in the Middle East, given its commitments in Iraq and Afghanistan?

No of course not. As I have stated numerous times, the current US administration most definitely does not want another war in the middle east. I'm not sure about the opposition party, they are sounding more hawkish. Anyway, it is not a matter of wanting war or not. Rather whether these recent severe tensions develop into something full blown or not.

With respect you are rather begging the question; whichever administration takes power in November there is the problem that the US military is overstretched and have few outside resources to call upon with Nato's somewhat reluctant involvement in Afghanistan. My opinion is that the Iranians are well aware of this and are confident that they will not have a serious challenge to their nuclear programme apart from an Israeli attack which they know will be condemned by countries not linked so closely to them as is the US

Israel is stronger than Iran militarily. So is the USA. Iran can't win militarily. They are being squeezed now by the sanctions and an internal power struggle. Also the Israelis have been quite aggressive. Predicting the outcome of all this is way beyond me. The main reason that Israel hasn't attacked already is the blowback would be huge, Obama is against it, and the goal, stopping Iran from getting nukes is probably impossible now with focused strikes.

With due respect, neither Afganistan or Iraq were stronger militarily against the combined forces, but still the sh*t goes on.

Guerilla and urban warfare are a different type of aggression that defies superior numbers.

• Like 1

No it does not & none of this whole fear mongering, false flag event has made any sense.

Of course it has provided yet another soapbox for those that want to bomb this or that country for being terrorist or supporters of terrorism.

None, except for the admissions of the arrested bomber. Pretty good facts to me.

Israel needs a war with Iran like it needs a bagel without a hole. It's not a matter of wanting a war. It's a matter of stopping Iran from going nuclear and whether that is important enough of an existential threat to Israel to make war a better option than no war.

Sadly Israel is Nuclear already but NOT for peaceful means. Why not focus on disarming them?

Because the U.S needs them in the Middle East.

Israel needs a war with Iran like it needs a bagel without a hole. It's not a matter of wanting a war. It's a matter of stopping Iran from going nuclear and whether that is important enough of an existential threat to Israel to make war a better option than no war.

Sadly Israel is Nuclear already but NOT for peaceful means. Why not focus on disarming them?

Because the U.S needs them in the Middle East.

Not to mention that they would have dropped the bomb by now,

if they were really going to when not actually under attack.

It is 'strong deterrent' for them, not agressive.

Like Israel or not, they act logically and not like a zealotous crazy man.

If they are agressive it is quietly, which is the same as many or most nations.

This is describing the nation, and not describing settlement fanatics and the like,

all nations have their fanatics on various subjects, this is one of Israels.

Edited by animatic

None, except for the admissions of the arrested bomber. Pretty good facts to me.

Is that the same one they released already?

The only gripe is with Israel? WRONG.

Hezbollah has murdered more US nationals than Israelis. Hezbollah has kidnapped more EU nationals than Israelis.

Yes, I am repeating the same thing over and over, but how else to point out the repeated errors?

No need to repeat all these allegations, one sided views and propaganda.

You were told already, that is only the viewpoint of Israel, USA and few allies. There is also no need to point at a few Sunni clerics who are not friends of the Hezbollah.

In other parts of the world people view the Hezbollah with different eyes. You can't argue with them here on the internet.

They are part of the government in Lebanon. democratically elected. They build and run school, hospitals and do other kind of social work. That is the Hezbollah too.

Hezbollah has murdered more US nationals than Israelis. Hezbollah has kidnapped more EU nationals than Israelis.

Yes, I am repeating the same thing over and over, but how else to point out the repeated errors?

You were told already, that is only the viewpoint of Israel, USA and few allies. There is also no need to point at a few Sunni clerics who are not friends of the Hezbollah.

In other parts of the world people view the Hezbollah with different eyes. You can't argue with them here on the internet.

They are part of the government in Lebanon. democratically elected. They build and run school, hospitals and do other kind of social work. That is the Hezbollah too.

I rarely agreew with GK these days, but on this you are wrong and he is right.

Nov., 2002: Acting on tip offs from US and British intelligence, Canadian authorities prevent an attempted terrorist attack. Canada then lists Hezbollah as a terrorist organization in Dec. 2002..

· June 5, 2003: Following evidence of potential Hezbollah terror cells in Australia, Australia lists Hezbollah's "military wing" as a terrorist organization.

Just because smaller countries have not listed Hezbollah as such

is as likely to be they don't want to then become a target of Hezbollah.

Regardless if Hezbollah has a political wing, and that may do some good works

there are still determined terrorists in the overall group. Die hards if you will.

With the way things are heating up with iran, and the uncertainties of the

Arab Spring and Syria that Hezbollah might let some of it's cells off the leash

in foreign lands is highly increased.

Edited by animatic

Do you seriously believe that the US wants to be involved in another war in the Middle East, given its commitments in Iraq and Afghanistan?

No of course not. As I have stated numerous times, the current US administration most definitely does not want another war in the middle east. I'm not sure about the opposition party, they are sounding more hawkish. Anyway, it is not a matter of wanting war or not. Rather whether these recent severe tensions develop into something full blown or not.

With respect you are rather begging the question; whichever administration takes power in November there is the problem that the US military is overstretched and have few outside resources to call upon with Nato's somewhat reluctant involvement in Afghanistan. My opinion is that the Iranians are well aware of this and are confident that they will not have a serious challenge to their nuclear programme apart from an Israeli attack which they know will be condemned by countries not linked so closely to them as is the US

Israel is stronger than Iran militarily. So is the USA. Iran can't win militarily. They are being squeezed now by the sanctions and an internal power struggle. Also the Israelis have been quite aggressive. Predicting the outcome of all this is way beyond me. The main reason that Israel hasn't attacked already is the blowback would be huge, Obama is against it, and the goal, stopping Iran from getting nukes is probably impossible now with focused strikes.

Stronger? Hardly, or at least not very relevant.

Iran is rather far from Israel, which would definitly impair any massive scale operations.

The US military is tied up elsewhere and thinly spread. Allies, such as they are, aren't very enthusiastic or capable.

IF there will be a showdown, it won't be your ordinary textbook war.

Not picking on you John, but I repeat my answer to an earlier thread, does that make any sense? The guy has confessed to plotting a terrorist attack in Bkk, and because he didn't carry out the attack he is released without charge?

The intellegence agencies have international links with other agencies, and if this were the case, there is no way he would be released.

Re your comments above, I concur to a certain extent...

1. It doesn't seem likely to me that a real terrorist would confess so glibly to his Thai interrogators.

2. It's hard for me to understand how the Thai authorities can take the position that someone who's supposedly confessed to a bombing plot hasn't broken any laws....

I'll be the first to acknowledge, I don't know what's going on with all thus stuff, nor does anyone else posting here....

But, I do believe one thing... and that is the U.S. Embassy wouldn't have issued the warning they did unless they they had a genuine belief there was a real bombing threat afoot...

Whether the guy in custody is really a terrorist and really the person behind the supposed bomb plot... Who knows... All we know is, that's what the Thai government is saying.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Nov., 2002: Acting on tip offs from US and British intelligence, Canadian authorities prevent an attempted terrorist attack. Canada then lists Hezbollah as a terrorist organization in Dec. 2002..

· June 5, 2003: Following evidence of potential Hezbollah terror cells in Australia, Australia lists Hezbollah's "military wing" as a terrorist organization.

there are still determined terrorists in the overall group. Die hards if you will.

To continue where GK left off. At this point enters the story Imad Mughniyeh a Lebanese guy who killed more Americans than anyone else before 2001 along with a bunch of Frenchmen and Israelis and some Russians; the Syrians don't like him much either. He is a big wheel in Hezbollah apparently working for Iran.

This dude is not winning any popularity contests and everyone wants him dead even the Saudis. Everybody tries but the Mossad get there first and blow him up with a bomb concealed in a head rest of a car in 2008.

This is the reason that the Hezzbolah guys come to Thailand. They want revenge for the killing of Mughniyeh. It is not anything current. This vendetta dates back to 2008.

All of the above information can be gleaned from the INTERNET and the Jerusalem Post. No nutter websites. Google Mughniyeh Arrest warrants and attempted assassination and Thailand travel warnings Jerusalem post.

There is no need to repeat that and to argue about. Acknowledge the fact that other countries have a different stance on Hezbollah. And that aren't just 'smaller countries' because people don't speak English there like in Canada and Australia with their 50 million inhabitants.

btw. did you spot that Australia is at least able to spot a difference between the "military wing" and other parts of Hezbollah?

Not picking on you John, but I repeat my answer to an earlier thread, does that make any sense? The guy has confessed to plotting a terrorist attack in Bkk, and because he didn't carry out the attack he is released without charge?

The intellegence agencies have international links with other agencies, and if this were the case, there is no way he would be released.

Re your comments above, I concur to a certain extent...

1. It doesn't seem likely to me that a real terrorist would confess so glibly to his Thai interrogators.

2. It's hard for me to understand how the Thai authorities can take the position that someone who's supposedly confessed to a bombing plot hasn't broken any laws....

I'll be the first to acknowledge, I don't know what's going on with all thus stuff, nor does anyone else posting here....

But, I do believe one thing... and that is the U.S. Embassy wouldn't have issued the warning they did unless they they had a genuine belief there was a real bombing threat afoot...

Whether the guy in custody is really a terrorist and really the person behind the supposed bomb plot... Who knows... All we know is, that's what the Thai government is saying.

Yep, thats the bit that throws me out as well. Unless it was a knee-jerk release from a lower level, or something that was interpreted wrongly, but I would find that hard to believe as these security releases are taken serious.

What also surprises me is that so few other embassies/consulates released to their nationals.

To continue where GK left off. At this point enters the story Imad Mughniyeh a Lebanese guy who killed more Americans than anyone else before 2001 along with a bunch of Frenchmen and Israelis and some Russians; the Syrians don't like him much either. He is a big wheel in Hezbollah apparently working for Iran.

This dude is not winning any popularity contests and everyone wants him dead even the Saudis. Everybody tries but the Mossad get there first and blow him up with a bomb concealed in a head rest of a car in 2008.

This is the reason that the Hezzbolah guys come to Thailand. They want revenge for the killing of Mughniyeh. It is not anything current. This vendetta dates back to 2008.

All of the above information can be gleaned from the INTERNET and the Jerusalem Post. No nutter websites. Google Mughniyeh Arrest warrants and attempted assassination and Thailand travel warnings Jerusalem post.

That the mossad blow that dude up with a car bomb you read in the Jerusalem Post?

Interesting.

The Hezbollah dudes are here in Thailand for social networking and cultural exchange, set up schools and cultural/religious centers for the Muslim community.

Might be true that they are using these centres for spreading anti-israeli propaganda and have an agenda, but their goal is to establish themselves an political organisation and want run their centers in a legal way.

Blowing up backpacker bagel bakeries and beer bars would not help in that mission.

There is no need to repeat that and to argue about. Acknowledge the fact that other countries have a different stance on Hezbollah. And that aren't just 'smaller countries' because people don't speak English there like in Canada and Australia with their 50 million inhabitants.

btw. did you spot that Australia is at least able to spot a difference between the "military wing" and other parts of Hezbollah?

Seems like you're having trouble with spotting that difference yourself :-)

So now the arrested Lebanese dude has been deported already???

The detained man told police about the Hezbollah plot. After giving his statement, he was deported. The man was identified as Hussein Artris, a Lebanese man holding a Swedish passport, according to Israel News.

Good work by the Thai government in moving swiftly to tidy up this untidy little mess... blink.png

Simple thing to do is for Iran to publicly state they withdraw from the treaty and then never allow inspectors in and never comment on whether they have or haven't got nukes.

They ALREADY signed the treaty and ALREADY violated it. Too late for that. rolleyes.gif

Israel is worse because they didn't even sign it.

So both are ignoring the restriction on nukes. Both deserve to either have them or not have them.

Difference is Israel does not make repeated threats to annihilate neighboring countries.

Doesn't make Israel nuclear policy ok or anything, of course.

Just thinking about a different way to go about it.

Could it be that the Thai authorities decided to let this guy go knowing that 'other' authorities are keeping a close watch on him to try and find out who his superiors are?

Just a thought.

Difference is Israel does not make repeated threats to annihilate neighboring countries.

I heard of some plans to launch preemptive strikes and lots of warmongering talks and propaganda lies that the others want annihilate us.

All exaggerations because they other guy said something about the needs for a regime change.

And then there are clandestine operations, spying and terrorist attacks.

Its easy to spot the differences between both countries, you just have to be totally one sided.

Is that the same one they released already?

I just read from another news source (one that can't be quoted here), that he is still in custody but they can only hold him for 60 days. Typical, hard to figure out what the truth really is.

The Hezbollah dudes are here in Thailand for social networking and cultural exchange, set up schools and cultural/religious centers for the Muslim community.

Might be true that they are using these centres for spreading anti-israeli propaganda and have an agenda, but their goal is to establish themselves an political organisation and want run their centers in a legal way.

Blowing up backpacker bagel bakeries and beer bars would not help in that mission.

You might want to read this. I think you're way off base here:

Lebanese suspect leads Thai police to explosive materials in Bangkok warehouse

http://www.startribune.com/world/137398033.html

I heard of some plans to launch preemptive strikes and lots of warmongering talks and propaganda lies that the others want annihilate us.

All exaggerations because they other guy said something about the needs for a regime change.

And then there are clandestine operations, spying and terrorist attacks.

Its easy to spot the differences between both countries, you just have to be totally one sided.

So now that the bomb materials have been found, what do you have to say now?

So now that the bomb materials have been found, what do you have to say now?

The Hezbollah apologists will just come up with some other silly rationalization or excuse. They will certainly not admit that the attempted attack was real when they can claim it is a "false flag " or Zionist/Yankee plot - no matter how much evidence proves them wrong.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Hezbollah is a terrorist group (google it). They "called off " their attack in Bangkok because they were caught. DUH In the future....

The EU don't call them terrorists. google it.

Hezbollah is a political party and part of the elected government in Lebanon.

They are only called terrorists by very few Nations, less then ten.

If this was not an attempted terrorist attack because "Hezbollah is a political party and part of the elected government in Lebanon." then it would have to be considered an act of war. Are you suggesting that Lebanon, best known for cedars, <snip>, is about to declare war on Thailand?

Thats why the US embassy then announced that terror warning. Pushing the Thai authorities to do something and it gives CIA agents the opportunity to look how the suspected terrorist network reacts.

There isn't really a threat of an terrorist attack, just a few people around on an USA wanted list.

Really.. Can you explain where you got this information, or this is just what you decided is what happened. I think if the US wanted someone picked up all they need to do is ask, the Thai authorities have done this in the past for the US (the terrorist apprehended in Ayudhya a few years ago, the teacher cant recall the name ken car or something like that) and have also apprehended some other wanted persons from various countries lately. I don't believe the US would need to go through all of this just to pick up someone. Thai authorities know picking someone up would cause allot less issues than something like this. Thailand does not care about Lebanon they are only worried about their tourism.

• Like 1

That the mossad blow that dude up with a car bomb you read in the Jerusalem Post?

Interesting.

Where do you get this stuff, Thai authorities have found the bomb making components also the Thai authorities now agree there still is a threat of a bombing..

If you have facts on these things then please provide them otherwise you are just making this stuff up.