Thai Govt In Damage Control On Terror

webfact

What? You're telling me that there have been some bombings on Khao San and elsewhere in Bangkok? I don't think so.

I can imagine what your posts would sound like if the terrorists do manage to carry out the kinds of attacks they were planning. I get it now. You're a Hezbollah apologist/supporter. That's your right. Come out, come out!

What? People are criticizing the Thai government for their handling of this "incident."

Why would the Thai government need to alert the population of an ongoing investigation? They seem to have things under control and there has been no violence. There are probably dozens of similar arrests made every year in Thailand and other countries around the globe but they don't get publicized.

Nothing happened here... no problems, no property damage, no deaths.

People seem to be under that impression that the Thai authorities only work on things on which ThaiVisa posters are aware.

So what you are saying is that you being a TV poster have no idea if you are accurate in your statement, “There are probably dozens of similar arrests made every year in Thailand and other countries around the globe but they don't get publicized.”

I would agree with that.

No, I don't know. But I'm willing to bet that there are more than 24 worldwide arrests related to terrorism that the TV posters don't know anything about.

I lived in the New York City in the early 2000's. I didn't expect that the US government made every ongoig terrorism investigation public and I don't think Thailand should be expected to, either.

• Like 1

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets also remember than the 13th here was the 12th in other parts of the world. No clue who is doing the reporting and what TZ's things are being reported in. One would think since the events are all occuring in Thailand that they would be using gmt+7 as a standard but who really knows what is being done with all the different conflicting stories floating around.

Want report said the guy was picked up on the 12th ? I did not read that one....so many reports now that it is hard to keep track....Thai way to confuse everyone and hide the truth

Nothing to do with the Thais:

The only suspect in Thai custody is Atris Hussein, 47, who was arrested as soon as he landed at Bangkok international airport Thursday, Jan. 12.

http://www.debka.com/article/21654/

Thailand; Hub of multinational incompetence

Lets also remember than the 13th here was the 12th in other parts of the world. No clue who is doing the reporting and what TZ's things are being reported in. One would think since the events are all occuring in Thailand that they would be using gmt+7 as a standard but who really knows what is being done with all the different conflicting stories floating around.

The US Embassy warning was issued on Friday afternoon. Any arrest made after that would have been the 13th in Israel, Europe or the east coast of the US.

I think America acted too late. If they would have posted the notice earlier perhaps we would have 3 guys instead of only one. I wonder how long they discussed this issue with thailand before saying enough is enough and posted the warning.

This should clear your dates up. The Thai Gov knew back in December.

As far as Thailand not being given prior warning of other countries informing their Embasies of a Terror Alert. Below gives dates well before Christmas.

Thai sources said that during his questioning, the detained Hezbollah operative confessed that a terror squad was intending to launch an attack on Israeli targets, including places where Israelis stay.

"The Thai authorities have stationed heavy security at all potential targets," a securing source added.

According to the Thai media, Israel first informed the Thai authorities on December 22 that three Hezbollah operatives had entered the country in order to perpetrate terror attacks. On January 8, Israel received additional information pinpointing this weekend as the time of the attack.

The Americans had also informed the Thai authorities before Christmas that they had received information from Israel about a planned terror attack against Western and American targets in Bangkok.

No, I don't know. But I'm willing to bet that there are more than 24 worldwide arrests related to terrorism that the TV posters don't know anything about.

I lived in the New York City in the early 2000's. I didn't expect that the US government made every ongoig terrorism investigation public and I don't think Thailand should be expected to, either.

+1

I think America acted too late. If they would have posted the notice earlier perhaps we would have 3 guys instead of only one. I wonder how long they discussed this issue with thailand before saying enough is enough and posted the warning.

As far as Thailand not being given prior warning of other countries informing their Embasies of a Terror Alert. Below gives dates well before Christmas.

Thai sources said that during his questioning, the detained Hezbollah operative confessed that a terror squad was intending to launch an attack on Israeli targets, including places where Israelis stay.

"The Thai authorities have stationed heavy security at all potential targets," a securing source added.

According to the Thai media, Israel first informed the Thai authorities on December 22 that three Hezbollah operatives had entered the country in order to perpetrate terror attacks. On January 8, Israel received additional information pinpointing this weekend as the time of the attack.

The Americans had also informed the Thai authorities before Christmas that they had received information from Israel about a planned terror attack against Western and American targets in Bangkok.

There is no bomb in sight.

Just fertilizer. Some Swedish man buying fertilizer or storing them in a warehouse, waiting to be shipped some where else is no reason for panik and doesn't add up to an attack on American tragets in Bangkok.

Just fertilizer. Some Swedish man buying fertilizer or storing them in a warehouse, waiting to be shipped some where else is no reason for panik and doesn't add up to an attack on American tragets in Bangkok.

Tell me you are joking......

I can't believe members are still responding to his nonsense. Best not to take the bait. wink.png

Don't feed the troll.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

No some fools can't see the forest for the trees.coffee1.gif

your unrelenting rabid defense of the thai govt officials is understandable,

considering how well they handled the recent flood and the quick and accurate forthcoming of information on it

why should anybody expect anything different on a would be bali or mumbai style attack

gopnarak, you have been a member of TV for three days in which time you have posted 90+ comments. Many on this subject in support ofhezbollah and Thailand's lack of response. makes me think ????

makes you think what Mr. TTThailand?

I don't think Thailand shows lack of response. Hezbollah is not my enemy nor Thailands. Many posts here just bash Thailand for no reasons. That makes you not think?

I like it in Thailand and i hope you can enjoy your time here too.

My brother, God's peace, mercy, and blessings be upon you.

Hezbollah is not my enemy nor Thailands.

What is Hezbollah doing in Thailand dealing drugs, laundering money, accumulating massive amounts of bomb makings, planning terror attacks on foreign tourists and residents of Thailand, planning to blow up Thai property and no doubt murdering Thais along with their western targets, teaching Thai Muslims their poisonous Jihadist anisemitic hate garbage? Not the enemy of Thailand? Maybe Thailand should rethink that. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You're either a Hezbollah mouthpiece or a moron. I pick the latter for you.

Can't rule out both I suppose, they aren't mutually exclusive..
  • Like 1

What is Hezbollah doing in Thailand dealing drugs, laundering money, accumulating massive amounts of bomb makings, planning terror attacks on foreign tourists and residents of Thailand, planning to blow up Thai property and no doubt murdering Thais along with their western targets, teaching Thai Muslims their poisonous Jihadist anisemitic hate garbage? Not the enemy of Thailand? Maybe Thailand should rethink that.

looks like you have a lot of hate in your heart. That and crusades aren't a Thai thing.

What is Hezbollah doing in Thailand dealing drugs, laundering money, accumulating massive amounts of bomb makings, planning terror attacks on foreign tourists and residents of Thailand, planning to blow up Thai property and no doubt murdering Thais along with their western targets, teaching Thai Muslims their poisonous Jihadist anisemitic hate garbage? Not the enemy of Thailand? Maybe Thailand should rethink that.

looks like you have a lot of hate in your heart. That and crusades aren't a Thai thing.

What does that slur have to do with what Hezbollah is doing in Thailand? Do you approve of what Hezbollah is doing in Thailand?

OK, we know about the visible conflict between the USA embassy and the current government of Thailand. However, I think this is news. For the first time this recent Hezbollah terror threat news has broken, I saw an item that this is being commented on in Washington. It was a tv clip and I don't yet have a text link. Basically it was U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano talking about a pattern of INTERNATIONAL actions from Iran that was happening now and linking it to the quite obvious heating up in Iran due to sanctions, the nuclear scientist murders, etc. She seemed to be hinting that terror activities in OTHER countries not yet named were on the radar as well. She was suggesting it was all related to Iran, including the Thailand news. Of course, Iran is the key backer for Hezbollah.

I personally am not going to judge yet on whether this statement from her is a kind of propaganda as I don't know exactly what evidence she has. I could have said the same thing based on surface conclusions about the coincidental TIMING of all this.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Per gopnarak: "Democrat Party spokesperson Chavanond has criticized the government for allowing many other countries to issue warnings to their citizens about a possible terrorist attack in Thailand. He also pointed out that the gov't has also provoked Hezbollah by accusing it of being behind a possible terror plot."

Please explain how you PROVOKE Hezbollah AFTER Hezbollah terrorist group planing the attack? The plan of the attacks came first and now Hezbollah terrorist group is caught!

a pattern of INTERNATIONAL actions from Iran that was happening now and linking it to the quite obvious heating up in Iran due to sanctions, the nuclear scientist murders, etc. She seemed to be hinting that terror activities in OTHER countries not yet named were on the radar as well. She was suggesting it was all related to Iran, including the Thailand news. Of course, Iran is the key backer for Hezbollah.

Oh boy................Dejavu

Paint it black before the attack............

This should be good for another decade of income for TPTB

I wonder who is next if we make it to 2022

a pattern of INTERNATIONAL actions from Iran that was happening now and linking it to the quite obvious heating up in Iran due to sanctions, the nuclear scientist murders, etc. She seemed to be hinting that terror activities in OTHER countries not yet named were on the radar as well. She was suggesting it was all related to Iran, including the Thailand news. Of course, Iran is the key backer for Hezbollah.

Oh boy................Dejavu

Paint it black before the attack............

This should be good for another decade of income for TPTB

I wonder who is next if we make it to 2022

I can see how you think that is sounds like Deja Vu. However, Iraq and Iran were never the same country, similar spelling notwithstanding.

Per gopnarak: "Democrat Party spokesperson Chavanond has criticized the government for allowing many other countries to issue warnings to their citizens about a possible terrorist attack in Thailand. He also pointed out that the gov't has also provoked Hezbollah by accusing it of being behind a possible terror plot."

Please explain how you PROVOKE Hezbollah AFTER Hezbollah terrorist group planing the attack? The plan of the attacks came first and now Hezbollah terrorist group is caught!

Maybe Hezbollah is in the eyes of the Democrats spokesperson not really a terrorist group?

And all we have at the moment are allegation, accusation, speculation and imagination and it is not even clear if the suspect belongs to the Hezbollah.

Like the Democrats, the Gov't doesn't want to get involved in the Israel Hezbollah conflict and i think they really believe that there isn't a danger of a terrorist attack in Thailand and don't just saying it to save tourist dollars as the Thai basher he suggest.

Think about it or do you think he is a troll because here in Thailand some western view points seems to be not valid.

That some here doesn't understand this makes the Thais not incompetent or stupid.

I can see how you think that is sounds like Deja Vu. However, Iraq and Iran were never the same country, similar spelling notwithstanding.

laugh.png yes lets see.......

1) Claims of WMD's.....check ( except this time it is called nuclear threat & as yet is not reality same as the Iraq WMD's)

2) Terrorist worldwide looking for us....check

Funny to note this is not new at all.

Yet they would like the sheep to believe it is.....

The same has been going on for a decade +

Here is something from 2003

http://www.twf.org/N...3/0311-NPT.html

Edited by flying

Governments in most countries including US do not inform the public of Terrorists plots. Why?

To avoid mass panic just like what happened in Thailand.

P.s. when was the last terrorist attack in Thailand aimed at foreign tourists?

sukhumvit and central bkk is a tourist area isn't it ?