Learn Thai Cd

bangkokStranger

Hello,

I want to buy a good "learn thai" cd english version either in Chiang Mai or Bangkok, has anyone any reccommendations for where to buy one in either place and also any reccommendations for which cd to buy, what is the best one, its for a complete newbie to Thai, and what will the likely price be

Cheers

Hello,

I want to buy a good "learn thai" cd english version either in Chiang Mai or Bangkok, has anyone any reccommendations for where to buy one in either place and also any reccommendations for which cd to buy, what is the best one, its for a complete newbie to Thai, and what will the likely price be

Cheers

Thelma Sims is responsible for sales of the Learning Thai Script CD Rom and she can be contacted either by email at: [email protected] or by phone: 61 2 6125 3269. She will be able to make arrangements for the purchase of the CD Rom and having it sent to you.

The price for Learning Thai Script CD will be AU$40.00 + AU$8.00 being for post and handling, bringing your total to AU$48.00. You can make payment by credit card (Visacard/ Mastercard) either to her email address or by fax on 61 2 61259975, or by cheque made payable to "The Australian National University" and forwarded with a copy of your order to the address below.

=====================

Thelma Sims

[Publications Sales Officer]

Publishing, Distribution and Imaging. (PDI)

Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies

The Australian National University

Canberra ACT 0200, Australia

Ph:+61 2 6125 3269

Fax:+61 2 6125 9975

Email: [email protected]

International students: ANU CRICOS Provider number 00120C

Edited by vinny

Thanks endure, that thread gives me a good idea of what to buy but now i need somewhere to buy this cd. Anyone know a good place to buy these kind of things in either Chiang Mai or Bangkok

Cheers

In Chiang Mai, Suriwong Book Center should have many/most of the learning Thai books/tapes/CD's.......Large building set back (with car parking in front) from Sri Dornchai Road.

The larger bookshops at Central (Huay Kaew Road) and Airport Plaza malls also sell various titles - but stocks vary from one time to another.

I suggest you also post in the Chiang Mai forum and you'll get more experienced heads than mine to offer other suggestions.

Hello,

Cheers

Thai for beginners, with CD. Benjawan Becker

799 Baht , Asia Books, 299 Baht without the CD, there is a software version too.

or from here http://www.buythaibooks.com/customer/home.php

A good site with lots fo help http://www.learningthai.com

Hello,

Cheers

take a look at: www.thai-language.com and www.daltai.com

Edited by JRinger

Hello,

Cheers

When I first started learning Thai, I had some book with cassettes. I wasted a couple of years trying to learn that way. When I started hanging out with Thai people who couldn't speak English and long-haired dictionaries(g/fs), I started learning so much more.

CDs are for when you are not in Thailand, IMHO - even then I don't think it's a good idea - kinda like learning to play golf with a book.