N.Y. Pizza

Backwoods

and the girl with black hair who likes to play pool?

That wouldn't be the girl with the annoying accent would it? I know that pizza place. Its on chefxp or foodbypbone.

in the short skirt? thats her.

ive heard that place is not great but acceptable

Are you talking about the one next to the 7/11?

thats it. with the sign.

• 3 weeks later...

That wouldn't be the girl with the annoying accent would it? I know that pizza place. Its on chefxp or foodbypbone.

in the short skirt? thats her.

ive heard that place is not great but acceptable

Are you talking about the one next to the 7/11?

thats it. with the sign.

Never been there.

as someone who lived in Manhattan for 13 years i'd say unequivocally i've not encountered any New York style pizza in Thailand. and i've looked. most alleged NY pizza outside of the northeastern US doesn't measure up TBH.

if you can muddle through with Italian style pizza there's some pretty good stuff to be had in Bangers though. my favorite is Pala Romana. if you took the MRT to Sukhumvit/Asok and transferred to the BTS it's right there at the top of the stairs (next to Dunkin Donuts and a few doors down from the posh bloat that is Terminal 21). it has almost no atmosphere but every time i've been there it's been quite good. deli counter is impressive too, with quality imported Italian cheeses and meats. that said, i've heard tell that when the Italian owner's not around the pizza quality plummets, but i can't verify that as he's been there every time i've been there.

The best NY style pizza is in Chiang Mai at Paradise Pizza....its even better than some places in NYC, and i use to live there arond 48th and Roosevelt.

as someone who lived in Manhattan for 13 years i'd say unequivocally i've not encountered any New York style pizza in Thailand. and i've looked. most alleged NY pizza outside of the northeastern US doesn't measure up TBH.

if you can muddle through with Italian style pizza there's some pretty good stuff to be had in Bangers though. my favorite is Pala Romana. if you took the MRT to Sukhumvit/Asok and transferred to the BTS it's right there at the top of the stairs (next to Dunkin Donuts and a few doors down from the posh bloat that is Terminal 21). it has almost no atmosphere but every time i've been there it's been quite good. deli counter is impressive too, with quality imported Italian cheeses and meats. that said, i've heard tell that when the Italian owner's not around the pizza quality plummets, but i can't verify that as he's been there every time i've been there.

The best NY style pizza is in Chiang Mai at Paradise Pizza....its even better than some places in NYC, and i use to live there arond 48th and Roosevelt.

You're way off topic on the Bangkok Forum...but we will forgive you if you post a couple of pics. Hehe smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Before one of the forum clowns makes a comment, I know more about American pizza than almost anyone on this forum, and I don't care to explain why. Being from New York doesn't make someone a pizza expert. Many pizza places in New York are good and also lots of places serve crap to their customers, who think it is good. The expression "there is no accounting for taste" applies.

New York style is not my preference. I miss the California style thick crust pizza with lots of toppings, thick (real) stringy mozzarella cheese and proper pizza sauce with spices including oregano, garlic and basil. Mushrooms, green peppers, onions, pepperoni, black olives and Italian sausage toppings make a good combo.

It is really pathetic when Pizza Hut and Pizza company are contenders when discussing good pizza in Thailand. Pizza Hut isn't very good in the USA, but superior to the Thai version that kinda sucks.

New York Pizza in Pattaya is not that good. It is far, far too salty and the crust is kind of soggy and a little bland. Cheese isn't very good quality and a little short in quantity and taste. Pepperoni and sausage are not very good tasting or "New York" style. Sauce wasn't very tasty. Just ok because this is Thailand and there isn't a really good pizza here.

Ronny's New York Pizza menu in Bangkok looks like anything but a New York Pizza place. Definitely a Thai pizza menu.

Italian sausage and pepperoni in Thailand are really only poor quality wannabes that don't taste like they should.

Edited by Myke4

Before one of the forum clowns makes a comment, I know more about American pizza than almost anyone on this forum, and I don't care to explain why. Being from New York doesn't make someone a pizza expert. Many pizza places in New York are good and also lots of places serve crap to their customers, who think it is good. The expression "there is no accounting for taste" applies.

New York style is not my preference. I miss the California style thick crust pizza with lots of toppings, thick (real) stringy mozzarella cheese and proper pizza sauce with spices including oregano, garlic and basil. Mushrooms, green peppers, onions, pepperoni, black olives and Italian sausage toppings make a good combo.

It is really pathetic when Pizza Hut and Pizza company are contenders when discussing good pizza in Thailand. Pizza Hut isn't very good in the USA, but superior to the Thai version that kinda sucks.

New York Pizza in Pattaya is not that good. It is far, far too salty and the crust is kind of soggy and a little bland. Cheese isn't very good quality and a little short in quantity and taste. Pepperoni and sausage are not very good tasting or "New York" style. Sauce wasn't very tasty. Just ok because this is Thailand and there isn't a really good pizza here.

Ronny's New York Pizza menu in Bangkok looks like anything but a New York Pizza place. Definitely a Thai pizza menu.

Italian sausage and pepperoni in Thailand are really only poor quality wannabes that don't taste like they should.

well thanks Myke.

Its early doors yet, but you certainly seem to qualify as one of the forum clowns, if not an authority on pizza.

of course, i can say this because I know more about forum clowns than almost anyone, and i dont care to explain why.

I am also an authority on brown shoe laces, asthmatic cats, and gay gerbils, but, again, i dont care to explain why.

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 1

"Before one of the forum clowns makes a comment, I know more about American pizza than almost anyone on this forum, and I don't care to explain why."

and I bet you aren't even American. Oh well, modesty is a virtue best inherited. rolleyes.gif

• 1 year later...

We (American and Thai wife) tried a Ronny's pizza last night for the first time... ordered a 16 in pepperoni for about 350b with free delivery.

Price was fine, but pizza was mediocre at best. Pepperoni was scarce, and so was the cheese and even sauce for that matter.

But I guess at that price point and location (Suk Suk 4 across from Nana Plaza), I shouldn't have been surprised.

Late night drinking/drunk food, OK.... Good pizza...no...

But, at least it did resemble a real pizza, unlike the imposters from places like Pizza Co.

I usually enjoy your posts and Paradise Pizza is pretty good for Thailand, but does not compare with even a mediocre pizza in USA.

OK, you asked for it. Round Table Pizza in California. The best. If only I could find pizza like this in Thailand. Not interested in those Italian style gourmet pizzas with paper thin crust and decorations on top. Give me a meaty, messy, cheesy, pizza to melt in my mouth. A pizza to die for.

post-14865-0-16158600-1377888054_thumb.j

I am also an authority on brown shoe laces, asthmatic cats, and gay gerbils, but, again, i dont care to explain why.

Can you take a look at my gerbil? He hasn't been eating his pizza like he usually does. Or maybe it's a she. I never looked that closely.

Is that big Neon lit Italian place beside Asoke BTS / Soi 23 any good?

Think it claims to be open 24hrs.

Just to be clear, There's the very good Pala Pizza shop located on the ground floor of the BTS Asoke-MRT Sukhumvit Station. It's not neon lit or open 24 hours.

Separately, there's a regular Italian restaurant on the ground floor of (I think) the Jasmine building on Suk Road a few blocks outbound from there.... Can't recall the name offhand, never been there, but have the impression it hasn't been particularly well reviewed.

Try Scoozi Pizza on Sukhumvit Soi 20 if you want great pizza. As an x-NY er, I give it a thumbs up! The Margherita is my favorite.

REAL NY style pizza can only be made with NYC water. IMHO.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I personally prefer a thin and crispy pizza base. You can buy good pepperoni but it will cost you at Villa, same with the cheese. Pizza at the italian just next to German beer garden on soi 11 is pretty good according to my wife. Also at a couple of the Italian restaurants around Thonglor. However, My wife has informed me that after several taste tests over the last three years, My home made Pizza tops them all, and, No, i dont use a Pizza stone, it aint necessary

Edited by Seismic