Diablo Burritos

In Chaing Mai there is a great Mexican food stand called MIGUELS not to far from the peninsula hotel & with easy walking distance from the guest houses. It believe it was originally started by a Mexican American man from either San Diego or Los Angeles California U.S.A. As a die hard mexican food fan from Los Angeles, California and having grown up one that food, the food there is authentic and superb.

In Chaing Mai there is a great Mexican food stand called MIGUELS not to far from the peninsula hotel & with easy walking distance from the guest houses. It believe it was originally started by a Mexican American man from either San Diego or Los Angeles California U.S.A. As a die hard mexican food fan from Los Angeles, California and having grown up one that food, the food there is authentic and superb.

Interesting but I dont think Chefsxp will deliver to my house in Bangkok but will keep it in mind next time I am in Chiang Mai.

Miguel is Mike, from...you guessed it; Mikes Burgers. Not sure if he is Mexican or not though, but he knows how to run a grease pit!

• 2 weeks later...

It is true that Mike established Miguel's, but he sold it after a few months. Mike has not been involved in either the burger shop or Mexican for over 5 years. He is still in Chiang Mai and 'happily retired'. You never know, he might get the urge to open another place someday.

(null)

• 1 month later...

It is still open. I enjoyed the burrito I had there. It is at the end of Sukhumvit Soi 22 before you hit the junction with Soi 24 where the Davis is located. The two partners also own the other restaurant in Chiang Mai that shares a spot with Mike's according to them.

I Iike the 'idea' of a diablo burrito...when I was an engineering student I was a janitor at the student union in SF to get beer money and there was a mexican associate with the dust pans that stuck out his tongue at passing women like a 'diablo'...he looked like an ethnic hoodlum but he was a nice guy and we always spoke in spanish and I doubt that he ever had a 'burrito' in his life...

I could use a carnitas burrito right now with lots of salsa and fresh cilantro...'vayase gabacho cabron, que no hay nada de burrito por aqui...'... 'y que se vaya tu puta madre tambien, pobre ignorante..'

let the burrito wars begin...drive by shootings, etc...BiB reports on the tv in Spanish, etc...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1