Car Insurance Comprehensive/ First Class

petercallen

Funny way of doing things its the owner/driver that earns the NCB

by not having any accidents not the car

The Thai Way

in some sence its logical, none who knows who has been driving this car

and owning a Vios without Insuranceclaim for 5 years doesnt qualify the owner to drive a Ferrari or minivan

chosing pickup, also be aware of Vigos high Insuranceprice as it unfortunately is Th most stolen and thus exported car

Here they insure the car not the driver,but the driver can also have a no claim bonus that can carry on with him..but before this is taken into consideration he has to have proof of this..

The Thai Way

and owning a Vios without Insuranceclaim for 5 years doesnt qualify the owner to drive a Ferrari or minivan

chosing pickup, also be aware of Vigos high Insuranceprice as it unfortunately is Th most stolen and thus exported car

Actually i have not had a motor vehicle insurance claim in over 30 years(touch Wood)

I also have a Australian Heavy Vehicle license so driving a Vios is nothing to do with it

And no the way they do car insurance here does not make sense to me

The Thai Way

Actually i have not had a motor vehicle insurance claim in over 30 years(touch Wood)

I also have a Australian Heavy Vehicle license so driving a Vios is nothing to do with it

And no the way they do car insurance here does not make sense to me

jeeze you are sensitive these days

I said "OWNING" a Vios, I should have said Yaris to not trigger you.

Most Th car owners do not drive themselves, theyr husbands or someone else drive

as it makes sence for 100 Th Insurance companies and 64 million people, why dont we just accept and adapt.wai.gif

besides Insurance is cheap here, and I find it more important to focus on finding an Insurance actually able and willing to pay out if having accident, than to argue over their discountsystem

Life in Paradise

I much prefer the Thai way,..its so much easier and cheaper..Fully comp insurance in the UK is becoming unafordable unless you have a full NCB...some young drivers cant get insurance and if they do get it, its usually costs more than the car they are trying to insure..

I have 2 new vehicles 1 Triton and 1 Yaris,i have just received the 1st class insurance quote for both of them ,and the first quote i have had from my broker for the 2 of them is.. total..24,000 bht//,,,peanuts ,,compared to any other countries...

I much prefer the Thai way,..its so much easier and cheaper..Fully comp insurance in the UK is becoming unafordable unless you have a full NCB...some young drivers cant get insurance and if they do get it, its usually costs more than the car they are trying to insure..

I have 2 new vehicles 1 Triton and 1 Yaris,i have just received the 1st class insurance quote for both of them ,and the first quote i have had from my broker for the 2 of them is.. total..24,000 bht//,,,peanuts ,,compared to any other countries...

walk into a car dealer, pick your car, 20k baht Insurance included, and next year its 18k baht with 1 year NCB

back home I paid more with 75% NCB

walk into a car dealer, pick your car, 20k baht Insurance included, and next year its 18k baht with 1 year NCB

back home I paid more with 75% NCB

I am talking about a renewel quote i have had the cars 1 year in march,and this is from the Thai company i used on my old car..i had good service from them via my broker and i could choose any garage for repairs,which i did on a number of ocasions when i had to claim ....

• 2 weeks later...

Most Th car owners do not drive themselves, theyr husbands or someone else drive

as it makes sence for 100 Th Insurance companies and 64 million people, why dont we just accept and adapt.wai.gif

besides Insurance is cheap here, and I find it more important to focus on finding an Insurance actually able and willing to pay out if having accident, than to argue over their discountsystem

Life in Paradise

What's that about Yaris? Mine in Oz cost $A780 this year with maximum no claim, multi-insurance discount...maximum no-claim discount because I still drive it with all the teenagers' dings. That's a very luxurious policy, though, providing a hire car while car is fixed. Can't be bothered mucking about. Haven't had a claim for decades (not the driver thenanyway).

I think the Thai system is very sensible, actually. It's a bit like the compulsory third party insurance going with the car. Great if your under 30 driver buys during the year. First year very cheap. There's also the first $A600 for old bats like me and $A2k for the teenager creating the dings.

For all of you that can't divide & mulitply by 30 odd, like me, $A = $US. Sort of. Gets a bit exciting at times.

I use QBE for my cars and even the NCB follows the car QBE gave me a discount when i bought my new car.

The cancelled the old insurance and created the new insurance for my new car with an discount which was the same as the previous NCB.

Life in Paradise

What's that about Yaris? Mine in Oz cost $A780 this year with maximum no claim, multi-insurance discount...maximum no-claim discount because I still drive it with all the teenagers' dings. That's a very luxurious policy, though, providing a hire car while car is fixed. Can't be bothered mucking about. Haven't had a claim for decades (not the driver thenanyway).

I think the Thai system is very sensible, actually. It's a bit like the compulsory third party insurance going with the car. Great if your under 30 driver buys during the year. First year very cheap. There's also the first $A600 for old bats like me and $A2k for the teenager creating the dings.

For all of you that can't divide & mulitply by 30 odd, like me, $A = $US. Sort of. Gets a bit exciting at times.

If you are a good driver and have a accident free history Australian insurance companies do not charge

you any extra fees if you have a accident and with the policy i had with the RAC i kept my NCB even

if i was in the wrong

I use QBE for my cars and even the NCB follows the car QBE gave me a discount when i bought my new car.

The cancelled the old insurance and created the new insurance for my new car with an discount which was the same as the previous NCB.

Is the insurance policy you are talking about a Thai one

Yes, I was wondering that too. It would be brilliant to be able to do it. Not necessarily because Thai insurance companies are any different, it's just the language & the subtleties of the contract.

Life in Paradise

In Australia the compulsory third party insurance is included in the annual license fee

for the car it is not a separate item, and always stays with the car

Comprehensive/ first class insurance is not compulsory and the NCB belongs to the

person who has earned it and cannot be transferred to another person unless the

insurance company agrees

In Australia the compulsory third party insurance is included in the annual license fee

Comprehensive/ first class insurance is not compulsory and the NCB belongs to the

insurance company agrees

This is is...TIT not TIA or TIUK,USA ETC..We have to folow the rules and guideliness here...LOLgiggle.gif

the Thai car insurance system,in my opinion is the best,and fairest for the majority of customers,Foreigners included,and i hope they never change ir..compared to the reat of the World.its..Cheap as Sh..t

insurance company agrees

This is is...TIT not TIA or TIUK,USA ETC..We have to folow the rules and guideliness here...LOLgiggle.gif

People who have accidents would like the way insurance is done here

insurance company agrees

People who have accidents would like the way insurance is done here

If you claim your TH 1st class, you loose your NCB making your Insurance price perhaps double. Why would accident makers like that?

sorry, just skipped the AUS insurance posts, I live in TH

and with a 65 million population and close to a million new car sales a year, one could assume Th Insurance companies have some clue on how to run their business

Yes.

Yes.

Great sounds like a good policy, i will check it out

PETER..Your talking a load of ...<deleted>..

Why is it a load of <deleted> BARKA

It seems QBE does the type of insurance policy i want and when

the policy runs out on the new car when we get it i will probably insure with them

Of coarse knowing the type of policy if you have a accident and you are over the

legal alcohol limit the insurance company will not pay, since i drink sensibly when

i go out this does not worry me, although i would a lot of people who post on this forum

Yes.

This is normal with most of the companies,its the same any where ,thats why i use a local Phuket insurance broker..

How I choose Insurance

ask the garage I am most likely to use if something happens

1. Do these guys accept your price, method of repair and new parts to be used

2. Do they have credit, or do I need to fork out first and hope to get a later check

Of the 100 or so in TH, 4-5 qualify at Toyota Phuket. The rest use backyard garages, and/or have no credit

Now we are down to a few, I can check pricing and policy

How I choose Insurance

ask the garage I am most likely to use if something happens

1. Do these guys accept your price, method of repair and new parts to be used

2. Do they have credit, or do I need to fork out first and hope to get a later check

Of the 100 or so in TH, 4-5 qualify at Toyota Phuket. The rest use backyard garages, and/or have no credit

Now we are down to a few, I can check pricing and policy

Good advice,those are my principles and my broker knows this as well....