Mazda Bt-50 Launched

I guess there is no chance what so ever of walking into a Chiang Mai dealer

& finding a ready to buy 2.2 MT Hi-Racer DBL Cab next month sad.png

I will be renting a car from June 1st till I find a truck.

Might have to go used sad.png

How are dealers about trade ins? Pretty fair?

I dont want to pay 5-600 a day rental fees for months.

Edited by flying

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there is no chance what so ever of walking into a Chiang Mai dealer

& finding a ready to buy 2.2 MT Hi-Racer DBL Cab next month sad.png

I will be renting a car from June 1st till I find a truck.

Might have to go used sad.png

How are dealers about trade ins? Pretty fair?

I dont want to pay 5-600 a day rental fees for months.

No, dealers are not fare about trade ins. They will sell to one of the second hand places for a nice profit, better go there yourself and sell the trade in yourself.

Also for buying a second hand car: don't go to a dealer, go to a second hand car shop.

• Like 1

just picked her up. 2.2L AT. excellent service at the Mazda dealer.

Nice, looks very clean. Do you know the current waiting time for the 2.2? Friend just ordered an xlt ranger and should get it in October.

Well I ordered mine on March 5th, so it took a tad over 2 months. I suppose once they deliver on the backorders, delivery times should be quicker and a lot of BTs have been arriving. And they've also just upgraded that Rayong factory.

Check with several dealers because it seems some of the dealers often post on the other Thai webboard that they have trucks in that aren't reserved.

Thanks, I'd like to know your fuel economy when you've done a few miles:)

right now I'm getting horrible fuel mileage commuting in Bangkok traffic but check with this site for a better idea of what other's are getting.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=127641&sid=8ab102c2764c29ca10c5252b689d8cfc

Got to test the rain-sensing wipers tonight and it works like a charm!

I'm really liking the this truck and the interior options especially the bluetooth.

However one thing I've noticed that concerns me is that the AT transmission sometimes shifts a bit rough or maybe that's normal for AT trucks. I've owned another truck before but it was MT.

i have a 3.2 auto and the fuel consuption is coming out at 8.5 l/100 lm. this is over 2500 km and it is all country roads and speed is mostly below 100km/hr

i have had no problems with auto but then i am not driving in bangkok traffic. the kick back works very good and with the back being light tends to cause the tyres to loose grip.i am very happy with the truck

Here is my baby...

post-53608-133619037979_thumb.jpg

Looks great, loving the rims!

How much did you pay for the wheels and tyres, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

I imported them by myself... couldn't find something nice here...

Superkatsu, How did you import the wheels? and did you have to pay customs tax?

with mostly city driving, I'm averaging only 10.5 L/100km. gear changes are smooth now

Inner BKK or the outskirts or somewhere else? 10.5L / 100 km isn't too shabby. This is the 2.2 isn't it? Highway should be much better - I read of a ranger getting 15.8 km/l on the highway for the 2.2 ranger.

with mostly city driving, I'm averaging only 10.5 L/100km. gear changes are smooth now

Inner BKK or the outskirts or somewhere else? 10.5L / 100 km isn't too shabby. This is the 2.2 isn't it? Highway should be much better - I read of a ranger getting 15.8 km/l on the highway for the 2.2 ranger.

yes right it's the 2.2L. Inner city traffic to work everyday. I've only taken 2 trips to chonburi and ayuttaya which bring the average down. So it's probably 12 L/100km in traffic and 7.5-8 L/100km highway

That's one ugly front grill. I'm trying to be polite & refrain from expletives... smile.png

Yes, it's that "smiling idiot" look that is on all the later model Mazdas. Not sure how that look made it through the styling council at Mazda, but everyone makes jokes about them.

Three Mazda dealers in Chiang Mai today told me 2-5 months for 2.2 Hi Racer 4 door

One dealer stated there is a possibility of getting one quicker if you accept 16' steel rims.

Claims they come with taller tore profile which makes up the diff in height

Odd....made me wonder if the 17" alloy wheels is part of the hold up on other models too.

In any case I am now looking for something else as I do not have the luxury of that many months wait.

:(

Three Mazda dealers in Chiang Mai today told me 2-5 months for 2.2 Hi Racer 4 door

One dealer stated there is a possibility of getting one quicker if you accept 16' steel rims.

Odd....made me wonder if the 17" alloy wheels is part of the hold up on other models too.

In any case I am now looking for something else as I do not have the luxury of that many months wait.

sad.png

This is interesting...I wouldn't mind steel rims,will be getting new wheels anyway...will they give you any discount for that ?

sad.png

This is interesting...I wouldn't mind steel rims,will be getting new wheels anyway...will they give you any discount for that ?

Right, they should give a discount in that case. The tire shop gave me 25k baht for my stock mags and tires. I'm assuming a lot of shops will give you 18-25k for the 17" and bridgestone duelers.

sad.png

Yes 4000 THB

Two questions before buying:

• Underbody protection for a brand new car? Does that make sense or is the the underbody through the factory adequately protected?
  • Leather seats: In the heat of Thailand, is this really an asset?

That's one ugly front grill. I'm trying to be polite & refrain from expletives... smile.png

Yes, it's that "smiling idiot" look that is on all the later model Mazdas. Not sure how that look made it through the styling council at Mazda, but everyone makes jokes about them.

I was coming through Muak Lek and had a Mazda CX-9 come up behind me and THAT'S where I have seen the 'smiling face' before because at first I thought it was a new BT-50. When I first saw a CX-9 a couple of years ago, I was really interested as I liked that front styling... until I saw the sticker price! Now that Mazda have grafted that front onto a pickup, it just looks wrong to me. The way the wheel arch sculpting is sharper over the front wheels than it is over the real wheels makes it look like the front end was too wide and the 'nose job' needed a trim. Having said that, superkatsu's all black ride with those rims looks impressive. I think it would look even meaner of he went for one of those matte black paint finishes that are all the rage. I saw a matte orange late-model 3-series BMW in Pattaya the other week and that looked really sweet.

Edited by NanLaew

I just got a call from Mazda. We order a BT-50 Pro 3.2 AT 4x4 4 door the top model at end of February. Mazda said there will not be any 3.2 BT-50 4x4 until January 2013. <deleted>! Anyone else get the call today?

I just got a call from Mazda. We order a BT-50 Pro 3.2 AT 4x4 4 door the top model at end of February. Mazda said there will not be any 3.2 BT-50 4x4 until January 2013. <deleted>! Anyone else get the call today?

Considering the problems Ford is having with the 3.2 this doesn't come as a surprise. Glad I ordered the 2.2.

@flying were you looking for a white 2.2L MT 746k 4dr? If so, at rayong mazda , its in the showroom, ready.

Thanks for the heads up mr3cho!

But I ended up buying a 2010 Isuzu Dmax super platinum 4dr..3.0 AT full option

One previous German owner with an easy 30k kilometers on it.

I tried to find a new Mazda & finally thought it was not possible. Also since I am renting a vehicle I was

not willing to wait months.

Of course now one is available :) Isn't that always the way

It's ok I am pretty happy with the Dmax so far.

Thanks though.

Edited by flying

Ah. Sorry for the late post. I went to the rayong dealer just today to pick up my deposit and saw it in the showroom.

Good to hear that your were finally able to get a truck. The dmax is a nice one too.

• Like 1

@flying were you looking for a white 2.2L MT 746k 4dr? If so, at rayong mazda , its in the showroom, ready.

They should have shipped it to Nong Bua Lamphu so i could pick it up later this weekrolleyes.gif . Well normally it is supposed to be about 10 days from now so not that long anymore . .

Ordered today (2.2 / 4 door / Hi-Ricer / Auto ) - Delivery time as per contract until the end of August

Hi Ricer? lol

Hope you can get it August; my mate was told October for his and he ordered it a while ago. What colour are you getting?

Sorry I was referring to the Ranger, but I think delivery is faster for the mazda.

Edited by culicine

Considering the problems Ford is having with the 3.2 this doesn't come as a surprise. Glad I ordered the 2.2.

Girls ride. rolleyes.gif

Ordered today (2.2 / 4 door / Hi-Ricer / Auto ) - Delivery time as per contract until the end of August

Hi Ricer? lol

Hope you can get it August; my mate was told October for his and he ordered it a while ago. What colour are you getting?

Sorry I was referring to the Ranger, but I think delivery is faster for the mazda.

Silver - the delivery time should be within the agreed time without problems.