Krung Thai Bank Can Not Tell Me Who Sent Me Money

swisstouristpattaya

i went to the bank because i expect some payment from outside thailand.

money is received but the bank is unable to tell me where the money come from?

I asked for a detailed statement, and they told me, not possible. all we got is the book, but it doesnt tell us much.

what do you do when you have a business and people need to pay you and you need to check if they paid or not?

When you send a TT the receiving bank know the senders identity but due to bank privacy laws they can't tell you, even though they are putting it in your account.

There is a narration field they ( the sender) need to fill in with some form of identifying text, this text will appear on your statement.

Edited by necronx99
  • Like 1

When you send a TT the receiving bank know the senders identity but due to bank privacy laws they can't tell you, even though they are putting it in your account.

There is a narration field they ( the sender) need to fill in with some form of identifying text, this text will appear on your statement.

We received international TT on a daily basis, the name of the sender is always indicated. Never heard of this "Bank privacy law", where did you get that from ? I can't imagine telling our audit "We received this money but for privacy reason we can't tell you from whom"

To the OP : Do you have a personal or business account ?

We received international TT on a daily basis, the name of the sender is always indicated. Never heard of this "Bank privacy law", where did you get that from ? I can't imagine telling our audit "We received this money but for privacy reason we can't tell you from whom"

Different banks, different rules,but is the general rule. Skando banks for instance tell you everything, others nothing.

In any event, this is why the have the narration or 'extra info' field.

Different banks, different rules,but is the general rule. Skando banks for instance tell you everything, others nothing.

In any event, this is why the have the narration or 'extra info' field.

That sounds weird, I use Bangkok Bank and SCB both biz account and personal, I can always get a A4 print out of all inbound transfers to keep as reference. Must be a bank thing. Maybe try a different branch?