Opening A Jerk Chicken Stall/Shack!

'kee nok' sounds about right

Jerk Chicken!!! LOL It's gud stuff!

For all you who don\t know, Jerk Chicken is a Jamacian dish! Grilled chicken in an AWESOME sauce! Served with rice and beans!

Try something different otherthan bangers and mash!! There is more to life than just mince and Soi Cowboy!!! LOL

Should not be surprised by the responses! TIT! Where quality people come to live!! <--That's me! smile.png

Peace brother!

Edited by TheKeeNok

Are you a member of "Chicken Chokers Anonymous" ?

You have the work permit etc?

You like being beaten on by Thai's?

Better off just calling it "I'm a Jerk."

Why a Jerk???

More than likely his thai gf/wife would do it so no work permit or beatings

and jerk chicken or pork is delicious.

I've spent a lot of time in Jamaica and Thailand and I believe the Jamaican gai/moo is better.

It's preparation and range of flavor fits right in with Thai street cuisine.

I'll take a half chicken anytime I see your cart.

• Like 1

'kee nok' sounds about right

Jerk Chicken!!! LOL It's gud stuff!

For all you who don\t know, Jerk Chicken is a Jamacian dish! Grilled chicken in an AWESOME sauce! Served with rice and beans!

Try something different otherthan bangers and mash!! There is more to life than just mince and Soi Cowboy!!! LOL

Should not be surprised by the responses! TIT! Where quality people come to live!! <--That's me! smile.png

Peace brother!

jamaican jerk chicken is always served with "rice and peas". If you haven't figured that one out, I doubt you can do an authentic jerk.

Edited by el jefe

You might want to rethink that orthodoxy! (Anyway, peas and beans are both legumes.)

http://www.jamaicatr...ce_and_peas.htm

Rice and Peas video recipe

1 can of tinned or 1 cup of fresh red peas (either kidney beans or pigeon peas)

Why do I need to "rethink that orthodoxy"? You just sent me a link to "Rice and Peas"!!

Beans may occasionally be substituted for peas but never, have I ever heard of a Jamaican dish called "rice and beans". On just about every other Caribbean island you can get arroz y frijoles, but not in Jamaica.

Well you really do learn something new every day. Until seeing this thread I had never heard of jerk chicken. After noting some of the complimentary things said about it I used google to find/read the wikipedia entry and others. Certainly sounds tasty ... would like to try it sometime. Can you buy any of the jars of pre-mix powders or pastes here in LOS?

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Well you really do learn something new every day. Until seeing this thread I had never heard of jerk chicken. After noting some of the complimentary things said about it I used google to find/read the wikipedia entry and others. Certainly sounds tasty ... would like to try it sometime. Can you buy any of the jars of pre-mix powders or pastes here in LOS?

Bruce,

I've never seen it anywhere in Asia, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that you can't make your own jerk marinade. In the US, my favorite is Walker's Woods. If you'd like, I can bring back a jar next time I'm there, but that won't be for several months.

btw, buying pre-made jerk mix is no different than buying pre-made Thai curry mix rather than making your own from scratch.

Popeye tried to open in Bangkok over 10 years ago. Thais just don't like beans etc.

Sure they do.... but they use them in their desserts. But shouldn't be any problem to offer alternative side dishes more in line with Thai tastes for any of your Thai customers.

Jerk Chicken is good stuff, so if you do open a stand in BKK, let me know...

It would be a new food for many people.

As far as Thais, of course spicy food is popular, but I feel for a majority of Thais, they mean Thai style spices, and foreign spices are more of a Thai elite/trendy thing.

Americans would usually know from jerk chicken, especially urban ones.

I would assume Jamaican food is known in the UK due to immigration, isn't it?

Hey, how about some spicy rotis and homemade ginger beer too?