Tempting Gsxr

wana

Well it might make sense for a dedicated track bike that won't hit the street. It probably would be a good idea for you Tony given...what happened with your GSXR at the track. Rule number 1=don't track the bike that you really care about. whistling.gif

as long as framenumber is clean. been pulled over hauling bikes frequently, want to see green book and keys or want to read framenumber if non plated

does nobody every check frame or engine numbers at the track ? seems amazing that a stolen road bike would be " a good track bike "

but this is thailand after all :)

its a 750cc ,dont know exact year ,or even if the bodywork is originally for that bike

does nobody every check frame or engine numbers at the track ? seems amazing that a stolen road bike would be " a good track bike "

but this is thailand after all smile.png

its a 750cc ,dont know exact year ,or even if the bodywork is originally for that bike

on the track area, framenumber is not needed, its private property

Well it might make sense for a dedicated track bike that won't hit the street. It probably would be a good idea for you Tony given...what happened with your GSXR at the track. Rule number 1=don't track the bike that you really care about. whistling.gif

as long as framenumber is clean. been pulled over hauling bikes frequently, want to see green book and keys or want to read framenumber if non plated

Sure they can check frame and engine numbers if they want, but as long as the vehicle isn't used on the road it doesn't need a green book.

Sure they can check frame and engine numbers if they want, but as long as the vehicle isn't used on the road it doesn't need a green book.

if its plated, a hauled vehicle needs a reg book in check points and they ask if you have the keys

True is doesn't need a green book but you'll need to have the right documents stating that taxes are paid if you plan to transport it to and from the race track. Got stopped with my old K5 racebike and they (Toll both police) wouldn't let me take the bike until i could prove taxes were paid. They did look around the bike for frame/engine numbers but i never noticed them trying to match it with the paperwork.

Edited by newf

True is doesn't need a green book but you'll need to have the right documents stating that taxes are paid if you plan to transport it to and from the race track. Got stopped with my old K5 racebike and they (Toll both police) wouldn't let me take the bike until i could prove taxes were paid. They did look around the bike for frame/engine numbers but i never noticed them trying to match it with the paperwork.

Did they ding you for having the bike uncovered in the back of your truck?

Yep, 500Baht...that was the last straw for transporting the bike in the truck....bought a Hiace a few days later

post-81971-0-86327700-1328353144_thumb.j

done a few hundred k km like this, once been asked why its not covered, backed off when I displayed my HighwayPolice Volunteer badge. Has anyone ever found an actual law stating a strapped bike must be covered? Ordinary cargo, yes, to prevent it fly all over the expressways, but a strapped bike?

I use a ninja led tail light velcro band to rearwheel to mark rearmost position. hooked up to cars rear light and brake light, so never a comment on lack of red flag

Yep, 500Baht...that was the last straw for transporting the bike in the truck....bought a Hiace a few days later

post-81971-0-86327700-1328353144_thumb.j

done a few hundred k km like this, once been asked why its not covered, backed off when I displayed my HighwayPolice Volunteer badge. Has anyone ever found an actual law stating a strapped bike must be covered? Ordinary cargo, yes, to prevent it fly all over the expressways, but a strapped bike?

I use a ninja led tail light velcro band to rearwheel to mark rearmost position. hooked up to cars rear light and brake light, so never a comment on lack of red flag

I thought you are the expert on Thai laws, no? ;)

As it's been explained to me, ALL loads in the back of a truck must be covered. Doesn't matter if it's a bike or a pile of bricks.

That's only what I've been told. Feel free to confirm independently :)

Interestingly enough, if you're transporting a car or bike or boat on a legal trailer they do NOT have to be covered... TiT I suppose jap.gif