10 Reasons Why I Left.......... And Never Came Back Again!

ExpatOilWorker

Well here is 10 reasons that i left

1/councill tax that you got nothing for

2/traffic wardens

3/intolerant immegrants

4/no police on the streets

5/traffic speed cameras all over the place

6/massive car parking charges

7/overcharging for the simpelest repairs

8/ massive cost of petrol

9/ nanny state

10/motorists being targeted and not criminals

i could go on and on but you guessed it thats why i left Britain

so glad i am here in Thailand ,its more like Britain was in the 60s and 70 s not so many rules and regulations.

Pity you don't list, all the good things in life maybe a reflection on your attitude to life. I also See many of these whining posts about the UK, but many come back for NHS treatment or when the Dream has become a night mare. UK one of the safest places to live in the world, don't read to many papers and believe every thing.

You aint ever lived in Peckham or Brixton the list is ENDLESS ?. Please dont tell me that the UK is THE safest place to live, i can assure you my friend it IS NOT. Pattaya is a walk in the park in my OMHO. I wouldnt walk in a UK city at 0300am in the morning and feel safe. i DO HERE Yes there are drugs anf gun crime out here BUT no where like in the UK. Thirty years in Law Enforcement has given me a "reasonable" education of life on the mean streets. Gun crime out here is reported on the news/media. In the UK there are 4-5 shootings a week in lovely places like Peckham/Bixton etc . half are NOT reported, why you may ask......... Because the perps dont want to get BIB involved........AND the BIB dont really give a toss. Suits me fine until you get caught in the cross fire. When i came here a short time ago I was told " you aint seen nothing yet until you lived in Pattaya" no have i trust me. This is nothing !!

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/traffic wardens

3/intolerant immegrants

9/ nanny state

so glad i am here in Thailand ,its more like Britain was in the 60s and 70 s not so many rules and regulations.

Thank god you left.....we were getting over run by namby pamby whingeing malcontents until you all packed up and went to live in Thailand.passifier.gifpassifier.gif

Imagine telling the world that you left the UK because of Traffic Wardens......violin.gif

Thats ok ,people like you that cant think for themselves ,need to be looked after by the namby pamby statepassifier.gif

OH NO......I HAVE JUST BEEN FLAMED BY A DEAD SHEEP!!

Well.....it had roughly the same effect

2/traffic wardens

3/intolerant immegrants

9/ nanny state

Well my second week back in the states I had an interesting incident which left me appreciating certain aspects of Thailand when I got pulled over by the highway patrol in my newly bought car.

"You ran that red light..." (It was close, I didn't think so.)

"and you were going 35 in a 25." (Ok maybe, but the speed limit sign turned out to be at the top of a street light and partially obscured by a tree. It was 25 for just 2 blocks)

"What's with the dealer plate? (Landlord is a wholesaler blah blah blah.)

"Do you have insurence?" Errr....no. Not yet. Just bought the car.

"I hope you are wearing contact lenses?" Yep, although I rarely do. (My license shows "restr: corr lens")

I thought I was done for sure. Highway patrol as a general rule doesn't let people off. I was shocked she didn't address the 12 pack of beer in the passenger seat. Luckliy she let me off with a warning, but it sure was a wake-up call. Made me realize that by comparison, I feel quite oppressed here in the states. It will be hard to get used to all the rules again.

So let me get this straight, your a partially sighted speedster that ran a red light while driving an uninsured car............

You got let off...........but you feel oppressed?

huh.png

Have you ever considered self awareness classes?

I believe you're scanning by the bigger picture.

2/traffic wardens

3/intolerant immegrants

9/ nanny state

Pity you don't list, all the good things in life maybe a reflection on your attitude to life. I also See many of these whining posts about the UK, but many come back for NHS treatment or when the Dream has become a night mare. UK one of the safest places to live in the world, don't read to many papers and believe every thing.

You aint ever lived in Peckham or Brixton

This may come as a bit of a shock, but most British people don't live there.

2/traffic wardens

3/intolerant immegrants

9/ nanny state

You aint ever lived in Peckham or Brixton

This may come as a bit of a shock, but most British people don't live there.

My point exactly, go to ANY large town in the UK, ITS THE SAME..........

2/traffic wardens

3/intolerant immegrants

9/ nanny state

Thank god you left.....we were getting over run by namby pamby whingeing malcontents until you all packed up and went to live in Thailand.passifier.gifpassifier.gif

Imagine telling the world that you left the UK because of Traffic Wardens......violin.gif

Thats ok ,people like you that cant think for themselves ,need to be looked after by the namby pamby statepassifier.gif

OH NO......I HAVE JUST BEEN FLAMED BY A DEAD SHEEP!!

Well.....it had roughly the same effect

well it would ,I see that on your avatar it says"where did i put my brain" well being polite i wont tell you ,but dont sit down to quickly.mfr_closed1.gif