Topless Russians

Mugg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen them walking around inside Central Festival Mall in a speedo.

They need to get clued up on local customs before taking an international holiday.

Are they really that ignorant?

Yes is the answer

• Like 1

It's not just Russians. I find it disgusting that other farangs sit in bars (and restaurants) topless. I don't want to look at their fat tattooed bodies while i'm trying to eat/drink.

Same here. That's why I don't go to those places.

I live in Florida on the Gulf coast and work in a store where we had to TAKE DOWN OUR SIGN that said no shirt, no shoes. no service because that was discriminating to certain people we call redneck beach bums.. since our store is only ten minuets away from the beach...we get seasonal tourists that are called Snowbirds who walk around with near to nothing on...quite gross I think no matter where your at...

Political correctness can be so incorrect. If it's my shop, I make the rules. Why? Because the customers decide whether to come or not, not the law maker. And my target customers will not come any more.

I went to a restaurant in New York with a business partner, and we were required to wear necktie and jacket! Is such a house rule forbidden now, too?

I can't see why anyone would be bothered if another person is topless or not. It's just a human body. Society already has too many rules. Nothing wrong with being topless. Why does it bother you so much? Are your lives so shallow that you have to focus on such trivial things?

It has to do with style. In some social classes, it is acceptable (obviously, otherwise you wouldn't see any of this), other people find it objectionable.

I stay out of restaurants where people (preferably sweaty and loud) sit without shirts, but it would be difficult to stay out of shopping centers.

I live in Florida on the Gulf coast and work in a store where we had to TAKE DOWN OUR SIGN that said no shirt, no shoes. no service because that was discriminating to certain people we call redneck beach bums.. since our store is only ten minuets away from the beach...we get seasonal tourists that are called Snowbirds who walk around with near to nothing on...quite gross I think no matter where your at...

Snowbird = Canadian winter expat retiree

I can't see why anyone would be bothered if another person is topless or not. It's just a human body. Society already has too many rules. Nothing wrong with being topless. Why does it bother you so much? Are your lives so shallow that you have to focus on such trivial things?

"Manners are the oil on the friction of society."

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite common in that part of the world. Go to any Black Sea resort (be it in Romania, Ukraine, Russia or Bulgaria) and you will see topless men in the shopping malls, at restaurants and so on. I think this has to do with the level of education. East European men tend to be kind of proud and self-centered and being on holiday makes them feel like masters of the world (I have money, I pay, I am king).

patetic... look around u. do you really feel that this is the problem around? lol

Russian and eastern europeans...

haha. can we have a count on the tattooed weirdos and old farangs without shirts please... brits and aussies will win for sure.

in europe this is normal. but if you have any mentionable level of educatiion you will no do it outside your home country if you read any meaningful thing about the place.

Edited by Phil Conners
foreign language deleted. Please check the forum rules, line 3.

This is quite common in that part of the world. Go to any Black Sea resort (be it in Romania, Ukraine, Russia or Bulgaria) and you will see topless men in the shopping malls, at restaurants and so on. I think this has to do with the level of education. East European men tend to be kind of proud and self-centered and being on holiday makes them feel like masters of the world (I have money, I pay, I am king).

It must be ok for them.

Recently called in to an elephant place near Kanchanaburi and saw a bus-load of Russian couples all wearing the scantiest swimwear. Took photos in front of the ghost house. Went for their ride and left.

I can't believe that they can all mean to be so rude. I guess they just don't know any better.

• Like 1

I think topless men are ok on the beach, and on the beach road, but the streets off the beach road, that is well out of order, and thats from a tattooed X Eddie Stobart lorry driver that is mentally capable of stringing a meaningful sentence together.

Males going around topless in Thailand whether in malls on the street or riding motorbikes shows a disregard for local sensitivities. I'd have mall security enforce a no shirt - no shop' rule in the malls. It works in the West and can work in Thailand.

As for the guys in 'speedos' going topless on the streets??? Why is there never a gun around when you need it lol. Again ignoramuses ignoring local feelings.

If its showing disregard for local sensitivites and local feelings , why arent the locals doing something about it then....?...if this offends you so much... go an play the saviour of the thai nation......may I humbly suggest you confront said russian's and come back and report the outcome (which one would suspect will be a punch in mouth for you)

I would be more worried about people suggesting that a person wearing a speedo needs to be shot....LOL

Also why so fixated with bare chested russian men in speedo's ? You got something you need to tell us ?

I personally find the dirty old men (of varying nation's) with young thai girls handing off their arms more offensive

..East European men tend to be kind of proud and self-centered and being on holiday makes them feel like masters of the world (I have money, I pay, I am king).

Ain't that the truth. Bring back communism, the Berlin Wall and restricted travel.

East European men tend to be kind of proud and self-centered and being on holiday makes them feel like masters of the world (I have money, I pay, I am king).

So very much like the fat, sweaty, geriatric, baldheaded, tatooed, football shirt wearing, loud mouth Brit's, Yanks and Aussie's you see wondering around Pattaya then ?

Why are we singling out our Russian Comrades on this point.

This is quite common in that part of the world. Go to any Black Sea resort (be it in Romania, Ukraine, Russia or Bulgaria) and you will see topless men in the shopping malls, at restaurants and so on. I think this has to do with the level of education.

+1I'm Russian, and my friends never go topless outside beach.

Edited by chatterer2011
  • Like 1

Inflammatory post and reply removed, at this point I would remind you of the following rule:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Actually, on those rare warm summer days in Russia and the Ukraine you see many locals clad in minimum textiles in the streets. In shopping centers you see their females dressed like a Pattaya Gogo girl at her workplace. (no no, they ain't on the game) Strange for a Westerner.

Ok, that's their territory... But why on earth do they dress the same way here??