Palm Oil Trees

royalstar

First post so bear with me,

I am looking to purchase 10 rai of land to then plant palm oil trees for future investment, is palm oil a good return?

I have been looking around Klaeng is this area good for planting Palm oil trees will they thrive?

Is there a test i can do on the soil to make sure it is good enough ?

What sort of price should i pay for the land per rai?

What price would i pay for a sapling and how many would i need for a 10 rai farm

I know this is a lot of questions, although I am not a newbie to Thailand this would be a total new concept for me.

One last question am i totally xxxxxing nuts to be thinking of doing this

thanks

Depends where you are. Palm FB today is 4.7 Baht.kg Trees are usually planted at 2 years and start flowering at 4. The 1st year or 2 of harvest they won't be big, but eventually about 20-25kg per FB. Harvest every 20 days or so. Beware you don't have Katoys. They will never produce. Some depots will harvest for you at a modest fee/kilo. We get more/Rai from rubber even in a wet province

• Like 1

OP I haven't looked at palm for many years. There is a thread on here somewhere on the subject.

From what I remember not much money in it unless it's big scale. 10 rai is small time. Think twice before you throw money away on a farm that may not even give beer money. JIm

• Like 1

Forgot to add about 25 /Rai that far north. Look what the locals have growing. 10 Rai if rubber currently about 22kg from 800 trees, = 22000Baht every 20 or so days. 40% to the tapper. Palm Mature trees 400 kg per Rai approx @ 4.7 Baht (to day) x 10 Rai = 18080 ish/ A company will charge a few cetang /kg to harvest. Go talk to them. They may even plant for you, care for the trees and harvest. You just sit back and drink beer

• Like 1