Helmet Of Motorbike Mounted Cam?

BangrakBob

Several times I've fastened my camcorder or my SLR that has high D video to my motorcycle. The quality is just so-so because of vibration... even when the camera has a vibration moderator. Mounted on a helmet is much better for quality, but accessing the buttons is a near impossibility. I just start the camera and lose the first few minutes of recording while I'm putting on the helmet.

Several times I've fastened my camcorder or my SLR that has high D video to my motorcycle. The quality is just so-so because of vibration... even when the camera has a vibration moderator. Mounted on a helmet is much better for quality, but accessing the buttons is a near impossibility. I just start the camera and lose the first few minutes of recording while I'm putting on the helmet.

Cheers Ian, That's what I thought, Helmet mount it is

I've tried both and it's really a matter of personal preference if you like the view from helmet or from bike...

• Like 1

I like the helmet view - just bought a GoPro and mounted on top:

Seems slightly off centre so need to play around, trouble is the dam_n mounts are so sticky it's hard to alter now. I've ordered the chest harness for a lower view, so will try that when it arrives.

Oh and I'm only on a CBR 150 here and quite a new rider, so my driving isn't as impressive as the videos above, plus the traffic was cr*p as usual.

Of course, I've just realised there's a second pivot mount that I can use to tilt the angle to compensate, so the next video should be lined up perfectly. Not easy to do without the screen on the back though....second mount makes the camera taller, but a bit more flexibility is cool. Just wish they didn't look so darned daft driving around with a helmet camera - i think the chest mount harness will be a great option...

I've tried both and it's really a matter of personal preference if you like the view from helmet or from bike...

Cheers BigBike, liked the both of them, side mount on the bike was great for through the gears

I like the helmet view - just bought a GoPro and mounted on top:

Seems slightly off centre so need to play around, trouble is the dam_n mounts are so sticky it's hard to alter now. I've ordered the chest harness for a lower view, so will try that when it arrives.

Oh and I'm only on a CBR 150 here and quite a new rider, so my driving isn't as impressive as the videos above, plus the traffic was cr*p as usual.

Cheers Roly, nah this is great, I think this what i'm looking for. It's more for the goings on around as i redline it round these mental roads :)