Kawasaki Zx10R

kenny999

Guy says owned from new, he has just bought Harley 1.2m so wants to sell this bike, he is a business owner and seemed very decent, assuming at the moment everything is in order, going back tomorrow to find out more,assuming all okay any idea of the price!!

Guy says owned from new, he has just bought Harley 1.2m so wants to sell this bike, he is a business owner and seemed very decent, assuming at the moment everything is in order, going back tomorrow to find out more,assuming all okay any idea of the price!!

Define "upgraded suspension" :)

Where has it been serviced?

If it's in good nick, legal, and has some decent upgrades then 300k is a good price.

I asked what had been changed, he pointed to middle suspenion and exhausts not sure about anything else, will be going for 2nd more detailed look tomorrow.it has a few marks but that is to be expected on a 4 yr old bike.

Cheers for the replys, I will be asking all the right questions tomorrow also checking the green book,service history ect, it's an awesome looking bike and can be made to look new again with some carbon fibre wrap.

Start with reg book page 4, position 5 and 6. If they are filled out, it is likely a homoleg bike sold new by kwaker TH, so no legal issues. Should be supported by a warranty/servicebook.

But Kawasaki, Thailand wasn't selling the ZX10R here 4 years ago so it's definitely NOT a homoleg bike. :)

Going by the exhausts different suspension and decals I think it is possible he has raced this bike, will go back tomorrow and ask more questions..

No big deal if it's been raced- that's what they're built for, BUT check carefully to see if it's been crashed. Before throwing down 300k for a 2008 second hand ZX10R it might be a good idea to have it looked over by a pro.

• Like 1

Start with reg book page 4, position 5 and 6. If they are filled out, it is likely a homoleg bike sold new by kwaker TH, so no legal issues. Should be supported by a warranty/servicebook.

But Kawasaki, Thailand wasn't selling the ZX10R here 4 years ago so it's definitely NOT a homoleg bike. smile.png

very valid point, was 2009 first year homoleg?

so its all the tidius work to find out how its been approved, who imported it, some tracks should be found in reg book page 18

Phuket DLT will usually go by the book on transfer requirements unless its owned by a hotshot, so OP pay when its approved transfered to you by Phuket DLT, not some dodgy "agent"

But Kawasaki, Thailand wasn't selling the ZX10R here 4 years ago so it's definitely NOT a homoleg bike. smile.png

very valid point, was 2009 first year homoleg?

so its all the tidius work to find out how its been approved, who imported it, some tracks should be found in reg book page 18

Phuket DLT will usually go by the book on transfer requirements unless its owned by a hotshot, so OP pay when its approved transfered to you by Phuket DLT, not some dodgy "agent"

How do you know the OP is in Phuket? huh.png

But definitely, don't pay until the bike has been inspected and the transfer approved by your local DLT office.

If there's a problem at the DLT, just walk away and let the owner sort it out.

Best of luck!

T

Edited by BigBikeBKK

No big deal if it's been raced- that's what they're built for...

coffee1.gif drinking too much of that green koolaide? nothin against the bugsplat green, but seriously! racebikes are hammered mercilessly by definition... maintained to some degree while active, but then sold JUST before the next big engine rebuild is coming up, to some unsuspecting noob who loves the 'cache' of "Race Bike."

Imagine if you will: 100% clutch-smoking launches; over-revved every time in every gear thx to aftermarket black boxes,; 14,000-16,000 rpm clutchless-shifts into & out of each of those gears; - basically caned to within an inch of grenading every second of its life. And you can bet every race bike has been tossed, else it was already binned and we'd not be talking about it here.

I'll pass.

No big deal if it's been raced- that's what they're built for...

coffee1.gif drinking too much of that green koolaide? nothin against the bugsplat green, but seriously! racebikes are hammered mercilessly by definition... maintained to some degree while active, but then sold JUST before the next big engine rebuild is coming up, to some unsuspecting noob who loves the 'cache' of "Race Bike."

Imagine if you will: 100% clutch-smoking launches; over-revved every time in every gear thx to aftermarket black boxes,; 14,000-16,000 rpm clutchless-shifts into & out of each of those gears; - basically caned to within an inch of grenading every second of its life. And you can bet every race bike has been tossed, else it was already binned and we'd not be talking about it here.

I'll pass.

You've got a point there- if, for example, it's the ZX10R that belongs to a certain BIRA regular, then indeed, it's been ridden HARD, though, to my knowledge, never seriously binned.

But, even if it has spent most of its 22,500 kilometers at the track, a properly maintained ZX10R should be able to survive that many km without any serious problems. If the clutch is burned up, replace it. ZX10R engines and transmissions are bulletproof. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a compression check just to see what kind of shape it's in.

As I said before, IF it's in good nick, AND has a legal book AND suspension upgrades (which I'll assume means upgraded shock and forks), then 300k Baht is a very fair price.

Thanks for all the info guys, I will give this bike a pass, I have never bought 2nd hand so wil not start with this, I was passing by and saw it so thought I would ask on the forum's, will now look for something new but smaller..

Thanks for all the info guys, I will give this bike a pass, I have never bought 2nd hand so wil not start with this, I was passing by and saw it so thought I would ask on the forum's, will now look for something new but smaller..

Where's the bike- I'm curious to have a look :)

Just found out that the bike was imported from Japan for a falang, the falang left Thailand and sold the bike to it's current owner who was also the person that got the bike originaly for the falang..

Please let us know who is selling it currently, I d like to check it out

and if I fall, I have a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650 for sale. 2.000km, cost new 310.000 with mods and 1st class Insurance, spotless perfect condition, is 230k baht fair to ask?

post-81971-0-75244600-1328581242_thumb.jpost-81971-0-09820000-1328581287_thumb.jpost-81971-0-27114500-1328581334_thumb.j

zx10r experts, are these restricted in Japan, whats the hp?

POST 2007 bike should NOT be limited (prior to 2007 JDM bikes WILL be power restricted to 100 hp).

Source:

http://www.motorcycl...hespowerlimits/

Here is a link to a Japanese motorcycle forum. http://www.gaijinriders.com/showthread.php?8528-Japanese-Bike-Domestic-Restrictions

They talk quite a bit about how the restrictions work in Japan.

You talk about restrictions in Japan but the ZX10R is made in Thailand!! so would it be restricted the same being made here.

zx10r has never been made in TH, largest is 650 twin

zx10r sold by kawasaki TH was restricted, initailly it was malaysia spec hp restricted, but then even more restricted to manage TH emission

anyway, it seems if I can get it up to +250 it should be non restricted, right? wont be easy on Phuket roads tho, wonder if they let me take it for a test on the krabi-surat highway?

Owning a big powerfull bike to me has nothing to do with going crazy, I have never driven over 120mph on any big bike I have owned, it's just the bike,the look,I enjoy just driving at normal speeds and never above 120mph.

Okay I looked at the ZX 2 yrs ago and asked why is it a lot cheaper than the R1, answer it is made here, if not made here where is it made and why is it a lot cheaper than the R1?

Who told you that nonsense? The restricted 2010 ZX10R imported and sold by Kawasaki, Thailand was priced at 650k Baht. The full power 2010 Yamaha R1 sold by Yamaha, Thailand was selling for 870k Baht

r1_2010_01.jpgprice.jpg 870,000 baht

Why is the Kwacker cheaper? Probably because Kawasaki, Thailand realized that buyers would need to spend at least another 100k Baht to derestrict their ZX10R. In the end, the restricted ZX10R sold by Kawasaki, Thailand sold terribly even though it was the cheapest liter bike in Thailand. I would conclude therefore, that most buyers of liter bikes in Thailand are willing to pay more for a full power bike.

Still don't get why it costs that much and is so difficult to get the thing deristricted. I remember reading on this forum about someone who tried to deristrict it...and I don't think he ever got it deristricted. I just can't understand why it was so hard to deristrict.

Still don't get why it costs that much and is so difficult to get the thing deristricted. I remember reading on this forum about someone who tried to deristrict it...and I don't think he ever got it deristricted. I just can't understand why it was so hard to deristrict.

The restricted ZX10R sold here in Thailand has a completely different wiring harness so you couldn't just remove the Thai-spec and ECU and plug in a full power ECU. Also, it suffered from a restricted exhaust (easy to replace) and restricted throttle bodies (replaceable, but not cheap). It's the wiring harness that was a real PITA....