Personal Hotspot

Searat7

I use it all the time on my 3GS but, I think it is more about your phone company. I use Truemove and they cap the usage at 3 gig and then throtle down to 256K from around 3 meg until the billing cycle ends. I have iOS 4.3.3 on my 3GS. It should be the same on your 4G - go into you settings, Personal hotspot should be located on the first page, if not, go into General, then Network. There should be an on/off for Personal Hotspot there that will also put it on the first page of settings. Pug in you USB cable, turn off you wi-fi signal on your laptop, and let your internet search do the rest. Good luck.

YES! YES! YES! i use it on my iphone 4s( I have a unlimited data package with AIS)- you dont even need a usb cable- just use wifi. Just turn on hotspot function (it will also give u a password ) on ur iphone then when u search for wifi signal on your laptop you will see 'iphone' listed, click on it, and it will request a password- then you can surf the net. Fantastic!!! No more paying 300 baht for 1 hr wifi at starbucks!

Plus my new lenovo laptop has a 11 hour battery life which means (if u have usb cable) you can surf the net for hours AND recharge your iphone at the same time!

YES! YES! YES! i use it on my iphone 4s( I have a unlimited data package with AIS)- you dont even need a usb cable- just use wifi. Just turn on hotspot function (it will also give u a password ) on ur iphone then when u search for wifi signal on your laptop you will see 'iphone' listed, click on it, and it will request a password- then you can surf the net. Fantastic!!! No more paying 300 baht for 1 hr wifi at starbucks!

Plus my new lenovo laptop has a 11 hour battery life which means (if u have usb cable) you can surf the net for hours AND recharge your iphone at the same time!

That is very cool! My 3Gs needs to be hardwired or use bluetooth pairing (maybe it's an operating system thing). I had to check and my Compaq laptop doesn't see an iPhone anywhere...sigh.