Newly Completed Hotel In Bangkok Faces Demolition After Court Verdict

webfact

One thing I didn't get is how the architects, designers and foremen could be held responsible??? Those are the people who get paid to do the job, they don't get involved in decisions where why and how the buildings get built. Using this logic they may as well include all the labourers and material suppliers to "bear the costs".

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Ever heard of aiding and abeting,,, similar concept applies here. The architect unless he/she was 12 years old would have had all the measurments etc., readily available and would know the appropriate laws, and would have known there was tricky measurment involved.. Sam for the others involved.

As already said a landmark ruling and I hope the building is demolished and the others involved are punished. Thailand desperately needs any examples of strict compliance with the law.

Sorry, silliest thing I've heard all week.

They had approval. The only people liable are any directly involved in any criminal activity that may have taken place to obtain that approval, if there was any.

Sorry, but the past few BKK govenor who sign the apapers are Dems. Mark will say that this is a political plot by PT. And it is.

Good grief If a Democratic is involved in holding up the law it is a political ploy according to Mark.

I think that it is a effort to bring some little bit of respect for the Thailand laws and codes. More like a patriotic ploy.

Several tall buildings were constructed in or near Soi Ruamrudee before and during 2004 with approvals from the Pathum Wan district chief, who said the soi was wider than 10 metres and could accommodate tall structures.

So, the only one to be held responsible is the district chief. He gave the approval, and everyone else just did their job. To hold the architect responsible is lunacy, and the utmost disregard for taking responsibility, which I realize is common in the LOS. But, the district chief was the one paid millions of baht to approve this, and he is the one who should be spending year in prison. Also, his family should be fined many millions of baht. A precedent like this would send a real message, that Thailand is joining the league of civilized nations. I know you are going to say dream on, but I cannot help but dreaming on.

Well you are certainly correct in your blaming the Pathum Wan district chief.

But you are way off base saying no one else is guilty. If it was a honest mistake by the builder why would he have paid so munch tea money.

And as I have said before the designer knew they were breaking the code when they designed it and took money to do that.

Tear them all down and send a message too the civil servants it is no longer acceptable to take tea money and to the builders and planners it is no longer acceptable to pay tea money to have codes broken.

Not going to happen.

Does anyone ACTUALLY think there will be a building demolished? The building will remain in-situ, the residents will withdraw their objections, and move out (or checkout).

When you know which neighbors that are complaining you will understand that these buildings WILL GET DEMOLISHED. If I told you who is complaining then you will know why the name cannot be revealed!

Notwithstanding whose individual interests may be involved, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for any demolition to occur.

In the joined worlds of business and government here, I've rarely seen a problem that can't be solved or erased through some application of money.

And if those involved as complainants were so powerful and influential, then why wasn't the construction stopped long before the high rises were ever completed, and why did the case take many years to come to a court verdict?

The official tape measure is 9.95 meters

The tape measure will be changed upon the correct tea money being paid to the people with the other tape measure

No it looks like the tea money system has failed. And that's a good sign that Thailand might be coming out of the third world stigma it has at present.

Just start to jail the thousands of bent cops close, down the whore-houses and then ill be mighty impressed.

Are you suggesting they jail most of the police force and close parliament?

Borrowing someone's signature here BUT..........

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. "

The official tape measure is 9.95 meters

The tape measure will be changed upon the correct tea money being paid to the people with the other tape measure

No it looks like the tea money system has failed. And that's a good sign that Thailand might be coming out of the third world stigma it has at present.

Just start to jail the thousands of bent cops close, down the whore-houses and then ill be mighty impressed.

Are you suggesting they jail most of the police force and close parliament?

Borrowing someone's signature here BUT..........

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. "

Now that's a damned good idea.

Plain and simple if that were to exist in Thailand: The corrupt Officials who signed off the documents and handed them back to the Business owners, contractors etc should have to pay for the demo NOT the owners etc.

These officials already had been moved to an inactive post. Didn't you know?

One thing I didn't get is how the architects, designers and foremen could be held responsible??? Those are the people who get paid to do the job, they don't get involved in decisions where why and how the buildings get built. Using this logic they may as well include all the labourers and material suppliers to "bear the costs".

Good idea as these other dastardly individuals are also to blame. Makes perfect sense using Thai logic.

Does anyone ACTUALLY think there will be a building demolished? The building will remain in-situ, the residents will withdraw their objections, and move out (or checkout).

When you know which neighbors that are complaining you will understand that these buildings WILL GET DEMOLISHED. If I told you who is complaining then you will know why the name cannot be revealed!

I'll take a bet on that.

The buildings will not be demolished. The news will diminish and disappear. One day you'll walk down the Soi and find a nice hotel.

That's the way things happen here.

Several tall buildings were constructed in or near Soi Ruamrudee before and during 2004 with approvals from the Pathum Wan district chief, who said the soi was wider than 10 metres and could accommodate tall structures.

So, the only one to be held responsible is the district chief. He gave the approval, and everyone else just did their job. To hold the architect responsible is lunacy, and the utmost disregard for taking responsibility, which I realize is common in the LOS. But, the district chief was the one paid millions of baht to approve this, and he is the one who should be spending year in prison. Also, his family should be fined many millions of baht. A precedent like this would send a real message, that Thailand is joining the league of civilized nations. I know you are going to say dream on, but I cannot help but dreaming on.

- So the service centre manager tells the mechanic to not replace faulty parts in your brakes but also tells the mechanic to add the cost of the parts to the bill. Mechanic signs bill indicating that brakes have been repaired and bill show list of parts used (actually not installed at all). And in fact your brakes are now dangerous.

In your view, the mechanic has no esponsibilty.

- The gneral tells his junior officer to gun down unarmed civilans.

In your view the junior officer has no resposnsibilty/