The England Squad For The Euro'S

MrRed

I would play 4-2-3-1 and my squad would be made up of my first XI and second XI (both below) with a 3rd goalkeeper making up the 23… my first XI is mostly players who are all young enough to play in Brazil (perhaps except Parker and Gerrard) and my second XI is mostly experienced players who can fit straight into the team if required (without having to change formation)...

First XI

Goalkeeper: Hart

Left Back: Baines

Right Back: Walker

Centre Back 1: Jones

Centre Back 2: Cahill

Centre Midfield 1: Gerrard

Centre Midfield 2: Parker

Left Wing: Young

Right Wing: Sturridge

Striker: Rooney (Defoe for France & Sweden games)

Second XI

Goalkeeper: Green

Left Back: Cole

Right Back: G.Johnson

Centre Back 1: Terry

Centre Back 2: Ferdinand

Centre Midfield 1: Lampard

Centre Midfield 2: Barry

Left Wing: A.Johnson

Right Wing: Walcott

Striker: Defoe

My manager would be Mourinho (if he is interested) and my team mascot would be Stuart Pearce

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In todays football it is not insane to have players playing in different positions (look at wingers for instance they are always changing sides)but more geared towards flexibility this team could easily be turned into a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3 when it is needed Richards can play at left back o or is his left foot just for standing on?

Richards is a very good attacking defender just because he has not played on the left does not mean he cannot ......i would like to see him attacking and cutting into the box on his bursts.

Why turn it into a 3 big lumps at the back, it's bad enough playing 2 lumps against some of the mobile forwards on the continent.

I would play 4-2-3-1 and my squad would be made up of my first XI and second XI (both below) with a 3rd goalkeeper making up the 23… my first XI is mostly players who are all young enough to play in Brazil (perhaps except Parker and Gerrard) and my second XI is mostly experienced players who can fit straight into the team if required (without having to change formation)...

First XI

Second XI

My manager would be Mourinho (if he is interested) and my team mascot would be Stuart Pearce

your XIs are only Xs. you've forgotten your trequartista in both instances i think.

My team for what it is worth.

hart

richards smalling cahill gibbs

chamberlain parker carrick jones young

welbeck

A lot for the future that team, and i am not being biased but carrick has been instrumental in our premier league charge he is very under rated, good passer and good at breaking up play, if only scholes was younger he would be in there instead of jones in fact anyone can think of a good creative player to replace jones in that line up?

So your saying Jones is in there as the creative player 24.gif

• Like 1

First XI

Second XI

your XIs are only Xs. you've forgotten your trequartista in both instances i think.

Thank you - maybe this isn't the best subforum for me!

First XI

Second XI

Thank you - maybe this isn't the best subforum for me!

But I will try again anyway...

First XI

Attacking Midfielder: Gerrard

Second XI

Centre Midfield 1: Milner

Attacking Midfielder: Chamberlain

If someone could confirm I included the right number of players and didn't include anyone who is retired, injured or German that would be great

Milner?? Now you really are taking the piss!! thumbsup.gif

Are you one of us Brit? laugh.png

I am English (but I do also respect for the other home nations including Scotland).

I think Milner needs to be in the squad because he has plenty of experience and can also play multiple positions.

it's a 23 man squad....you're still a man down.

He is in discussion with Paul Scholes as we speak...whistling.gif

Just got off the phone with Paul.. he said if I am manager he would rather stick to his original plan of Pontins, Southport

it's a 23 man squad....you're still a man down.

He is in discussion with Paul Scholes as we speak...whistling.gif

Just got off the phone with Paul.. he said if I am manager he would rather stick to his original plan of Pontins, Southport

Shame, he'd have made just as good a third choice keeper as our other candidates.

The England squad is going to be named on the 13th May now,

GOALKEEPERS:

Joe Hart, Scott Carson, Ben Foster.

DEFENDERS:

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Gary Cahill, Joleon Lescott, Leighton Baines, Micah Richards, Kyle Walker.

MIDFIELDERS:

Scott Parker, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Barry, Adam Johnson, Stewart Downing, Aaron Lennon, James Milner.

FORWARDS:

Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Theo Walcott.

I don't think it will be much different from the above.

AOC from Arsenal maybe instead of Downing

Cleverly instead of Lennon

Edited by MrRed

I think with Hodgson it will be a very organised team who all know what to do...predictable and boring but effective in grinding out a 1-0 win.

Hart

Walker

Lescott

Terry

Cole

Parker

Barry

Gerrard

Young

Rooney

Sturridge

If he feels vindictive then Gerards a no starter. Gerard made it fairly obvious he didn't like playing under him at Liverpool so why would he like it playing for England?

Last i read Hodgson was trying to get Terry and Ferdinand to make up. Strange really since neither should be playing anyway. Looks like he'll go with the old guard again....that is, the tried and proven losers.

Ofcourse i'll be supporting England and hoping for us to do well but i go into this tournament with all the enthusiasm i would going to a funeral.

FORWARDS: goals scored this season

Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young (About 5) Danny Welbeck (9) Daniel Sturridge,(A few) Theo Walcott (8)

Oh look, Grant Holt 14

Yeah maybe he will get a shout but the squad is announced before the friendlies. It will be tough for any new players to get called up?

FORWARDS: goals scored this season

Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young (About 5) Danny Welbeck (9) Daniel Sturridge,(A few) Theo Walcott (8)

Oh look, Grant Holt 14

Yeah maybe he will get a shout but the squad is announced before the friendlies. It will be tough for any new players to get called up?

I took a glance at the squads uploaded so far and chuckled a bit because most if not all of them omit a true centre forward as far as I can see- I mean the opposition will love that!!

So be it Carroll (most likely), or Crouch, Zamora, or Holt, a big centre forward type will be there IMHO.

Part of Barcelona's problem is that they have one way only, you have to be adaptable, and England score mainly from set pieces. Personally I like Carroll because he works hard and his all round game is good even when not scoring, but failing him then Crouch scores a lot for England- something that can not be said for many England players.

England should go for youth, no Gerrard Lampard Terry Ferdinand ect, we have a cat in hells chance of winning it, so blood the young players and let them settle get big game experience and plan for the next world cup.

There's quit a few posts on a similar theme. To my mind, although it always seems tempting, a well balanced side really needs experience especially at the back, so any culling needs to be selective. I do agree though, the 'golden generation' failed miserably and there are some big egos that we could do without.

Sorry to keep going on about it, but I truly believe he could make a big impact.

"Wayne Rooney is the only Englishman to score more Premier League goals than Grant Holt’s 14 this season and the Norwich striker showed again against Arsenal why he needs to be taken seriously.

It is an unfair misconception that he is just a target man - he offers much more - and if I were Roy Hodgson, I would take a look at him in the two friendlies ahead of Euro 2012.

He has really good imagination in his finishing. At Everton, he backheeled his way out of a tight situation and Lionel Messi would have been proud of his chipped finish against Wolves.

He produces pieces of individual skill that would receive heaps of praise if he was someone more high profile. He shows excellent composure time and time again and has scored against Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1uBUttpEf

Edited by bartender100

Holt defo goes down as my 'most improved player of the season' 4 me at the beginning of the season Holt looked out of his depth, and along with dobie was promptly dropped, Fair play to the guy got his head down and came bac a few pounds lighter and what can u say he's had a fab season, but England, Hmmmm!!!! Don't think so, for starter's on the international stage with it's 'varied refing', shall we be kind and say holt's 'all in style' would attract yellow cards like bee's 2 honey and he would probably end up a liability, Let's hope i'm wrong, he goes and scores plenty, but somehow I doubt it. Any way, not long to wait now, Hodgson names his squad on the 16th http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18006881

To be fair i think most of us would like to see Holt given a chance.

If there was an opportunity for him to play in a couple of friendlies before the squad is announced, i'd go along with that. As there isn't, I would rather see Crouch in the squad. At least it's proven he can score goals at international level (albeit against generally lower class opposition, but at least he scores).

If I was a betting man i'd put money on Hodgson (wrongly in my eyes) taking Zamora.