Kawasaki Versys 2012 Purchase

Polanskiman

^ polanskiman 302,000 seems like a REALLY good price factoring in financing and 13k for first class insurance. You're paying only 4,000 Baht in interest? Sounds like an awesome deal!

I got 1st class insurance too which cost 14,000. it's good to have, peace of mind. But I would not exactly call that a part of the bike price. There are many other, cheaper options for insurance. I guess except if you finance the bike...

I find it a bit weird that there's so many different quotes for registration - you'd think there is one price to register a Versys in Thailand, and that's it. I paid less than 1000 Baht for rego - negligible. Others report being charged 1,500 or 2,000 or even more. Is that the dealers taking a profit or are there actually different prices at different registration offices in the country?

Yeah, I've wondered about that too- here in Bangkok it's less than 1000 Baht to register a new bike, but I've heard of dealers in other provinces charging their customers a lot more. I suspect the dealers are taking the piss as registration should cost the same regardless of province, no?

reg fee to DLT is same all over TH. price of plate same. Por Or Bor (compulsory Insurance) same. dealers fee to do this varies. usually they throw in an ugly jacket and a useless helmet and charge 1900 baht. to do it yourself is approx 1.100 baht for big bikes

Well that's the nice sweet theory, not sure reality follows that path. I ain't getting some useless helmet and certainly not some jacket but still I am paying over 1,750 Baht. I haven't asked why, but certainly will, soon enought!

Like Kata said, you can take the sales invoice and bike to the DLT and register it yourself, but personally I much prefer to pay the dealer to do it rather than waste an entire day at the DLT...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like Kata said, you can take the sales invoice and bike to the DLT and register it yourself, but personally I much prefer to pay the dealer to do it rather than waste an entire day at the DLT...

Ohh I get it. I misread. Yes I agree, I won't fight over a few hundred baht. It's useless. So I won't mind if they charge me for the service of doing all the paper work.

Edited by Polanskiman

• 1 month later...

I finally got my V last Saturday intheclub.gif . Any recommendations on what gas I should use?

Any.

Although depending on who you ask, one brand is much stronger than the others cheesy.gif

Not talking about brands. Talking about type. 91, 95, gasohol, benzene etc etc?

I finally got my V last Saturday intheclub.gif . Any recommendations on what gas I should use?

Any.

Although depending on who you ask, one brand is much stronger than the others cheesy.gif

If you can find 95 Benzine than use that (but it is rare as rocking horse sh1t) followed by 91 Benzine, 95 Gasohol and 91 Gasohol.

If you can find 95 Benzine than use that (but it is rare as rocking horse sh1t) followed by 91 Benzine, 95 Gasohol and 91 Gasohol.

Thanks for the advise. I guess I started putting the wrong fuel from the beginning (91 gasohol!)..that's what the sticker on the tank says though!

Edited by Polanskiman

its a versatile bike :D

seriously though ,any of those 3 would be fine

i prefer to use benzine myself (red 91 ) but green 91or orange 95 are fine also

basically everything except diesel and e20 but thats not in many stations anyway

Any.

Putting 95 octane in an engine designed to run on 91 is a complete waste of money...

Putting 95 octane in an engine designed to run on 91 is a complete waste of money...

So you recommend benzine 91 then?

Yep, red 91 if your just using the bike for short trips here and there. If you plan to go on longer trips you can use 91 green but when i do this i try to ensure that on my return trip i brim the tank with red 91 again before letting the bike rest for any period of time :)

Hi. I m a Versys rider in Kuala Lumpur. I wish to get a pair of Kawasaki genuine hand guard for my Versys. Kawasaki Malaysia did not bring in the parts. So, anyone can advise where to get these in Thailand & ship to Kuala Lumpur? Thanks.

Hi. I m a Versys rider in Kuala Lumpur. I wish to get a pair of Kawasaki genuine hand guard for my Versys. Kawasaki Malaysia did not bring in the parts. So, anyone can advise where to get these in Thailand & ship to Kuala Lumpur? Thanks.

That's a good question- I've never seen Kawasaki logo handguards for the Versys. Most folks around here seem to prefer Acerbis or Barkbusters or any of the generic one-size-fits-most handguards from China. Good luck with your search!

That's a good question- I've never seen Kawasaki logo handguards for the Versys. Most folks around here seem to prefer Acerbis or Barkbusters or any of the generic one-size-fits-most handguards from China. Good luck with your search!

I have Barkbusters on mine now. I think the genuine hand guard fitted the most. Some Versys riders went Thailand to get it. The part # 217HGS0007 & 217HGS0008. Web link is not allowed here. Check it out on Kawasaki UK or Thailand webpage under accessories. I wish to get it without going over. Any Kawasaki dealer you can recommend who can ship item to Kuala Lumpur?

The Kawa dealer in CM on the moat has them - I think for around 5,000 Baht. AFAIK they're Kawasaki branded but still imported from Germany. Probably OEM made somewhere else? They look pretty good but not 4,300 Baht better than my cheapie special Chinese ones.... ;)

Sorry- a bit off topic, but what's the point of handguards on a bike that will never be used for any serious off road riding? Is it just for looks?

The only accident i have ever had involved my right hand being crushed between my ZX6R's handle bar and the back left corner of a Ford Fiesta!

It was my fault for assuming that woman driving the car was going to turn right, silly me for observing her indication to turn right, the fact her car was turning right and then she pulled back into my path. Those hand guards would have come in handy (no pun intended) but would have spoiled the looks of the bike. Suffice to say i didn't bother fitting hand guards the following week :D

Sorry- a bit off topic, but what's the point of handguards on a bike that will never be used for any serious off road riding? Is it just for looks?

Safety in tight city riding. Call 'em carbusters... ;) didn't happen to me but a friend of mine actually clipped somebody's mirror and broke his hand.

I have sent out a couple of emails. No one replies. Seems like I have to ride to Thailand.

Who did you email? It's a National Holiday in Thailand right now (Chakri Memorial Day) so I wouldn't expect a prompt reply. And generally speaking many Thai businesses aren't so hot on replying to emails. But anyway, the Kawasaki badged handguards you are looking for aren't manufactured here in Thailand. Pretty sure the distributor is in Europe. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I had the bike for 3 weeks now. I must say it's really a pleasure to ride the V. I have however been experience weird things since yesterday:

1. Sometimes while downshifting, the gear pedal sometimes does not come to its original position and I need to slightly press the pedal for it to come up.

2. Other times while on 1st gear and rolling, I shit to 2nd gear but instead it goes to neutral.

I will bring the bike to service but I wanted to know if any of you had experienced this before or perhaps is it normal?

I had the bike for 3 weeks now. I must say it's really a pleasure to ride the V. I have however been experience weird things since yesterday:

1. Sometimes while downshifting, the gear pedal sometimes does not come to its original position and I need to slightly press the pedal for it to come up.

2. Other times while on 1st gear and rolling, I shit to 2nd gear but instead it goes to neutral.

I will bring the bike to service but I wanted to know if any of you had experienced this before or perhaps is it normal?

shift upwards with a bit more conviction ,mine can do that sometimes

kawasaki service tested mine and told me it was normal .....whatever that means biggrin.png

Great Bike though ! I got my new lights on already !!!

Edited by YipYipYa123

kawasaki service tested mine and told me it was normal .....whatever that means biggrin.png

Perhaps, but it just has been happening since yesterday. Never experienced it in 3 weeks of riding it everyday.

Edited by Polanskiman

Perhaps, but it just has been happening since yesterday. Never experienced it in 3 weeks of riding it everyday.

its more than likely a minor clutch adjustment thing ,how many kilos have you clocked up yet ?

its more than likely a minor clutch adjustment thing ,how many kilos have you clocked up yet ?

Only 200Km up to now. cheesy.gif

Ive had the sticky shifter problem before, yes. Kawasaki fixed it. First try they adjusted some screws down there. The next day it was much worse. Then they replaced the whole shifter part with a new one - now its just fine.