3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

So I was just discussing this event with my wife and asking her what are they saying on the Thai news channels. She tells me that on Ch 3 they stated that they are not sure yet as to why this happening but it might be a RESULT of the recent statements made by the US Embassy.

This is no joke. I am being serious with relating what I was told by my wife that they are speculating on the Thai news. That this attack might have been the result of the US Embassy's statement.

Crazy ... lol

post-132209-0-51163500-1329236603_thumb.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next bombs could be in Chiangmai and Chiangrai.

or anywhere else on the planet! We don't even know if these jokers were making bombs for Thai targets - suspect, yes, but we don't know. Makes little sense going to CM when the seat of Gov and all the main embassies are in BKK.

• Like 1

So I was just discussing this event with my wife and asking her what are they saying on the Thai news channels. She tells me that on Ch 3 they stated that they are not sure yet as to why this happening but it might be a RESULT of the recent statements made by the US Embassy.

This is no joke. I am being serious with relating what I was told by my wife that they are speculating on the Thai news. That this attack might have been the result of the US Embassy's statement.

Who is they, the nitwits on Chan. 3 or the dimwits in the government?

Muslim multi-culturalistic violence is infiltrating all corners of the world. If you listen to their preachers, their message is domination, and utter disrespect for anyone non-muslim be they Christian Buddhist or other. So these kinds of muslim violence outside schools could well be on the increase all over the world unless governments and police get serious.

Wow! That's incredible and scary. Does anyone know about the extent of Thai purchases of Iranian oil?

Truthfully TOT's campaign could very well be:

Miracle Thailand! It will be a miracle if you do not get ripped off, scammed or blown to smithereens. Miracle Thailand!!!

I think you mean TAT, Tourism Authority of Thailand... TOT is the phone company.

You are right. I stand corrected. Thank you Tall guy!

You're welcome....

TAT is the tourism authority... But the motto you suggested is a good one... so perhaps the phone company will adopt it as well.... wai.gif

Muslim multi-culturalistic violence is infiltrating all corners of the world. If you listen to their preachers, their message is domination, and utter disrespect for anyone non-muslim be they Christian Buddhist or other. So these kinds of muslim violence outside schools could well be on the increase all over the world unless governments and police get serious.

The school was not the target. The terrorists were making bombs in a nearby house when something went wrong. They were fleeing the scene and the school just happened to be on this numbskull's route of flight when he blew himself up.

For all the criticism taxi drivers get, I would like to congratulate the drive of the taxi that refused is terrorist ass a ride. His taxi got destroyed by all reports, but this action may have saved tens's or even hundreds of lives, given that carrying bombs around is pretty much hinting this guy was planning on maximum human loss at one location or another. So here's to you taxi driver chaiyo chaiyo your my hero today.

I doubt the taxi driver was being noble in his efforts to subdue a terrorist. Most likely he didn't want a nut-job covered in blood in his taxi.

• Like 2

They recognized Palestine and the Hezbollah government, so Thailand wouldn't be hassled by them. Tons of Hezbollah zealots in Lebanon.
Exactly what I was thinking. They recognised them at the UN a couple days before the 'terroisst' warning, so no reason for Labanon or Iran to be involved, especially when they have their own problems in the middle east. Another coincidence is I've seen a surprisingly higher number of Isrealies in town recently

Hezbollah and Palestine? Where you making this stuff up from? Hezbollah is from Lebanon, Palestinians live in the area occupied by the Israelis since 1948 called Palestine. I fail to see your connection. Ah maybe i do....they're both Muslim!

They recognized it several days AFTER the terrorist warning, The best thumbing of their nose the Thais could manage to save face after the bob parts storage place was found for sure.

As to the comments above about Hezbollagh and Palestine...

Hezbollah is there just as Hamas is, Hamas has lead, but Hezbolla is a player.

Edited by animatic

Argentina & Thailand is a hub for israel hasbara that's what was said early on on the video i put on early ....

No, it said Venezuela and Thailand were bases for Iranian connected HEZBOLLAH not Israeli Hasbara. Are you trying to be funny? If so, it is rather.

In typical Thai style.. my wife is unclear as to who "they" is. My guess is that it's the opinion of the ch 3 folks. The point is, that is the kinda stuff that they are saying on the news that the ppl of Thailand are hearing. Doesn't matter who the "they" is. What matters is that it's being said. The blaming of the farang has to start somewhere.

People are we getting a little carried away here - all that is known is some guy that had Iranian cash on him and lives with other Iranians tried to blow up a taxi that refused to drive him and then blew himself up trying to attack police. The is scant enough evidence yet to do more than hint at Iranian involvement, let alone Mossad flase flag scenarios. and I would suggest that it would be a lot easier to blow up a building in Isreal and blame the Iranians than coming all the way here to attack a taxi!

Your sequence of events omits the apparent fact that it was the detonation of a grenade in the Iranian's/Iranians' apartment that started this off. The three Iranians fled, one of them carrying a satchel with (at least) two more grenades inside. Chucks one at a taxi driver who refuses to take him and the second at a cop who tries to stop him doing any further damage. This is panic and escape, not planned targeting.

The immediate questions for me are (a) what will a search of the apartment reveal? (cool.png where are the two other Iranians? © was the legless one carrying more than two grenades when he did his runner? (d) how long will it take Sherlock Chalerm to lift the immigration photos of all three perps and give them to the media?

Based on what I've read so far, this looks like an accident happened in a bomb assembly room, panic and a series of stupid unplanned transpired. I doubt that any of today's events were planned to happen this way.

If you think this is some sort of Israeli false flag operation, you're entitled to an opinion. Occam's razor might also lead us to think (at least for now in the absence of more information) that the attacks in India and Georgia on Israeli diplomats were (expected) retaliation for a series of assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists (for which the Iranians blame Israel). The latest assassination of an Iranian scientist occurred in January. In the attacks both ways, the preferred instrument seems to be small bombs.

BTW, I think asking the taxi driver where this guy wanted to go is a VERY good idea.

• Like 1

Regardless of what this is all about, Thailand is surely now elevated from its place as merely a 'playground' for potential terrorists to come and have a bit of a 'blow out' before going and doing dirty deeds elsewhere.

Thailand will be slow to learn ... probably as slow as a lot of other countries ... but recent events shouldn't be ignored. People who are about to blow themselves up don't want a week in Mogadishu before the event ... they want pleasant Thai hospitality.

The Iranian regime is bummed that the Syrian regime, their very close ally, is threatened with massive internal revolt. They fear they might be next. Insha-Allah!jap.gifclap2.gifjap.gif

International sanctions against Iran are taking their toll. Inflation is running at 20% in Iran at the moment and the natives are becoming hostile with the up coming elections for president once again. Many are still infuriated over the last election which saw the nut-job Ahmadinejad re-elected when the evidence to support his victory being non-existent. Much like our friend Vlad Putin. Syria is a powder keg with genocide taking place while waiting for the UN Security Council to kick the Russians and Chinese in the arse. You can't make this sh*t up.

• Like 1

In typical Thai style.. my wife is unclear as to who "they" is. My guess is that it's the opinion of the ch 3 folks. The point is, that is the kinda stuff that they are saying on the news that the ppl of Thailand are hearing. Doesn't matter who the "they" is. What matters is that it's being said. The blaming of the farang has to start somewhere.

Well, I think "kaek" is much lower on the Thai racial totem pole than farangs. But they (the govt. ) may blame the west for political rather than racial reasons.

Argentina & Thailand is a hub for israel hasbara that's what was said early on on the video i put on early ....

No, it said Venezuela and Thailand were bases for Iranian connected HEZBOLLAH not Israeli Hasbara. Are you trying to be funny? If so, it is rather.

lol ... Yea it's late you know and this is better then the shit being put on UBC drunk.gif

Three explosions rocked Sukhumvit 71 in Bangkok on Tuesday afternoon, badly injuring an Iranian man who lost both his legs.

359135.jpg

An Iranian man was injured in a bombing in Bangkok on Feb 14, 2012. (Photo Wassayos Ngamkham)

Another man was arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport after police discovered explosive materials in a house rented by three Iranians in Soi Pridiphanomyong 31.

Four other people were injured in the blasts.

Government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng said police reported the house was being used to make bombs and had uncovered a cache of C4 explosives and remote control detonating devices.

She said a bomb went off inside the rented house and two of the three men fled.

The third man, identified as Saeid Moradi, followed and tried to hail a taxi, which refused to stop. Police said he threw a bomb at the taxi, injuring the driver, and ran off.

He then was spotted by police and threw a third bomb at them, but it bounced off a tree and blew his legs off. He was rushed to Kluaynamthai Hospital.

Those dam_n jews and their Tu Bishvat. whistling.gif

For all the criticism taxi drivers get, I would like to congratulate the drive of the taxi that refused is terrorist ass a ride. His taxi got destroyed by all reports, but this action may have saved tens's or even hundreds of lives, given that carrying bombs around is pretty much hinting this guy was planning on maximum human loss at one location or another. So here's to you taxi driver chaiyo chaiyo your my hero today.

Except that according to Thai news taxi driver confirmed that the guy never called the taxi. I guess somebody inside the taxi was a target...

People are we getting a little carried away here - all that is known is some guy that had Iranian cash on him and lives with other Iranians tried to blow up a taxi that refused to drive him and then blew himself up trying to attack police. The is scant enough evidence yet to do more than hint at Iranian involvement, let alone Mossad flase flag scenarios. and I would suggest that it would be a lot easier to blow up a building in Isreal and blame the Iranians than coming all the way here to attack a taxi!

Your sequence of events omits the apparent fact that it was the detonation of a grenade in the Iranian's/Iranians' apartment that started this off. The three Iranians fled, one of them carrying a satchel with (at least) two more grenades inside. Chucks one at a taxi driver who refuses to take him and the second at a cop who tries to stop him doing any further damage. This is panic and escape, not planned targeting.

The immediate questions for me are (a) what will a search of the apartment reveal? (cool.png where are the two other Iranians? © was the legless one carrying more than two grenades when he did his runner? (d) how long will it take Sherlock Chalerm to lift the immigration photos of all three perps and give them to the media?

Based on what I've read so far, this looks like an accident happened in a bomb assembly room, panic and a series of stupid unplanned transpired. I doubt that any of today's events were planned to happen this way.

If you think this is some sort of Israeli false flag operation, you're entitled to an opinion. Occam's razor might also lead us to think (at least for now in the absence of more information) that the attacks in India and Georgia on Israeli diplomats were (expected) retaliation for a series of assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists (for which the Iranians blame Israel). The latest assassination of an Iranian scientist occurred in January. In the attacks both ways, the preferred instrument seems to be small bombs.

BTW, I think asking the taxi driver where this guy wanted to go is a VERY good idea.

Why? I don't think they got as far as discussing a destination; the cabbie I am sure wanted nothing to do with a panic and injured and presumably bloodied middle easterner. Anyway, he could not have been going to his intended target at this point. I think he just wanted to get away from that blown-up house as quickly as possible.

Right now the LEADING front page story of the Washington Post.

Compare effect on tourism to a measly USA embassy Bangkok website warning.

Do you think the Thai government will learn a lesson from this? rolleyes.gif

Israel accuses Iran in Bangkok blast
http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Is this a rhetorical question? No, Chalerm will announce that everything is under control, tourist number will mysteriously climb, no need to panic.

hear-no-evil_see-no-evil_speak-no-evil.jpg

This terror is very similar to terrors had been done in iran (shot bomb to cars) and killed Iranian nuclear scientists

as i remember israel was happy about it and admit they did it

I'm pretty sure you've got your facts wrong and that Israel did NOT admit it. Not saying Israel didn't do it or that it was a smart move but no need to make up stories either.

In any case, my view is that Iran and Israel are already at war.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Why? I don't think they got as far as discussing a destination; the cabbie I am sure wanted nothing to do with a panic and injured and presumably bloodied middle easterner. Anyway, he could not have been going to his intended target at this point. I think he just wanted to get away from that blown-up house as quickly as possible.

That's consistent with everything I've read on today's events... The fleeing guy never got into the taxi...and I haven't seen any indication the taxi driver had any conversation with the fleeing guy. The taxi guy just caught a look at the guy, and decided to take a pass.

As I said above, we really don't know anything at this point about what target/targets these guys may have had....

But, the fact that they managed to explode something in their house perhaps would suggest that, at least in terms of timing, they were getting close to the time for moving on their target/targets.

Whatever it was, probably was coming soon...had the plot not blown up in their faces.