3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think is a leap at this point for anybody to believe that Israel knew of these people were in Thailand before this incident as well as knowing they planned on attacking certain targets because that would mean they didn't tell Thai authorities who are still trying to determine what they were doing here and would have had these folks names and pictures at every check-point in the country.

Didn't Israel warn the Thai government back in December of last year about something along these lines? Or do you think these guys just came here last week?

I don't know ... did they? Do you have a link? I'd be interested in seeing what their warning indicated. I know last month the US put out a fairly vague warning to Americans (not Israelis) regarding tourist spots (not Jew or Israel based locations) right before the Thai police apprehended a suspected terrorist.

If the US or Israel knew the identity of these suspected terrorists and knew they were in Thailand and didn't provide their specific identities to Thai authorities then this would be very bad for them. If they did provide the info then Thai authorities I believe would be quick to say they were part of a suspected terrorist group aimed at ____ (fill in the blank) and not be saying right now they don't know what these folks were up to besides the fact they were making bombs for unknown targets.

They were- are targeting high profile targets in bangkok and in 6 other provinces all over thailands main destinations.

What say you NOW?

Is Thailand a new terrorism playground?

http://www.thaivisa....ism-playground/

Chalerm denies threat of terror

http://www.thaivisa....error-thailand/

PM Yingluck brushes aside worries over terror attack plan in Thailand

http://www.thailandn...an-in-thailand/

Still other places to go in Thailand not just Bangkok .. But yea maybe this too will happen after being here for eight years now a lot of crazy thing's do happen here ,,,

They are planning bombings in six major provinces including chiangmai and chiangrai. Everybody should lay low!

I keep wondering why Patong has never been targeted.

• Like 1

... if the overwhelming sentiment on this forum is any indication of the world's view of the Thai incompetence and mis-handling of this increasing threat, the Thais might want to consider getting a top drawer foreign public relations consultant.

... for all the Thai government's mis-spent pronouncements that "There is no terrorism" (Minister Chalerm), and "I guarantee your safety" (Prime Minister Yingluck), they would do well to recruit someone who understands normal human behavior and how to honestly relate to the world of normal humans what is really happening here.

... Thais certainly don't understand normal human behavior ... as they are proud of saying themselves, "Thais are different" ... they sure got that right!

... if the Thai elites want to continue misleading their own people with these imbecilic charades, so be it ... but, they do so while displaying to the world their incompetence and the values of a lesser civilization ... (think, third world feudal nations) ... pathetic, really, and so very painful to watch ... a nation of children, truely.

... if the overwhelming sentiment on this forum is any indication of the world's view of the Thai incompetence and mis-handling of this increasing threat, the Thais might want to consider getting a top drawer foreign public relations consultant.

... for all the Thai government's mis-spent pronouncements that "There is no terrorism" (Minister Chalerm), and "I guarantee your safety" (Prime Minister Yingluck), they would do well to recruit someone who understands normal human behavior and how to honestly relate to the world of normal humans what is really happening here.

... Thais certainly don't understand normal human behavior ... as they are proud of saying themselves, "Thais are different" ... they sure got that right!

... if the Thai elites want to continue misleading their own people with these imbecilic charades, so be it ... but, they do so while displaying to the world their incompetence and the values of a lesser civilization ... (think, third world feudal nations) ... pathetic, really, and so very painful to watch ... a nation of children, truely.

if the overwhelming sentiment on this forum is any indication of the world's view of the Thai incompetence and mis-handling of this increasing threat,.....

Don't worry, the overwhelming sentiment on this forum is usually pretty dam_n far away from the world's view of anything at all to do with Thailand.

• Like 1

How many more days before the legless terrorist escapes Thailand?

right now he is just bumming around.

Since the Thai gov't has decided they are not terrorists,

I am sure they will now say they broke NO Thai laws.

I am guessing had they been caucasian farangs, they would sentence them to death though.

Edited by z12

I think it's very sad that a55holes like this could attempt something like this especially outside a school, that's unforgivable. He's obviously panicked. Just a shame he didn't decide to panic when he was with the other 2 that have fled.

I don't condone action such as this, for whatever the beliefs or reasons, and can't even start to try to understand what makes someone do this.

However, I p155ed myself laughing when I saw the photo of the bomber on the floor after accidentally detonating the device too close to his own body. Maybe the instructions weren't too clear in the "Bombing for Dummies" book.

It's just a shame that shock will have numbed a lot of the pain.

Some times, sick people like you worry me more than terrorists. Don't forget to change your underwear (if you were wearing some).

Nisa

yes it's for real and so is his accent.

I don't understand why guys would assemble 4000Kg of explosives and then go out on an unplanned, ill thought through attack with three weapons the size of hand grenades, there bye blowing the cover on doing something of major significance.

Because when the bomb blew in the house ther plans had to be changed on the fly.

Exactly, and with the typical compartmentalization of terrorist cells,

not all the cells are of the same technical level as others. Some will have greater competence.

And the lesser ones rarely informed about all aspects of a greater plan.

If as is presently suposed, that they were building smaller bombs, but one went off,

and they had to just wing it and 'cause some damage', rather than their planned damage,

this fits the scenario as presently known. But not the exclusive posibility, just a likely one.

Edited by animatic

At this point it is highly speculative and actually a bit illogical to assume Iran has anything to do with this. Hezbollah is not Iran and is not even Iran based regardless of what Israel wants people to believe. It is a based in Lebanon and always has been. The only ties to Iran is the accusation that Iran provides financial support as does Syria as well as Muslims in general who provide most of its funding. It is a terrorist group whose main goal is/was ridding Lebanon of Israelis and Israeli influence ... though they seemed to have expanded this to wanting to see Israel wiped off the map. Their purpose is not to serve Iran and Iran's suspected support is due to believing in their extreme Islamic cause and not because Iran pulls their strings. By no means is Hezbollah a political tool of Iran but it does follow the extreme Islamic teachings of the late Ayatollah Khomeini.

Much like entering a movie theater 20 minutes after the show started, you have missed quite a bit in 700+ posts. Iranian passports found at the scene and on the bad guys. Iranian currency found in the safe house. It's all in the thread. Please do try to keep up.

Much like somebody with huge comprehension issues you fail to grasp, in my very clear post, that the Iranian government and citizens of Iran are two different things as Hezbollah is yet a third.. And yes, I missed any news reports of 3 passports found in the apartment or that any currency was found in the apartment. I did read that both Iranian and American (maybe working for the USA?) currency was found on the blown up guys pants along with his passport. Another man was caught at the airport attempting to leave the country but I guess he must have had another passport with him since you say his was at the house. The final unidentified man is on the run, I guess it is just taking time for officials to translate his name and copy his photo from his passport in order to provide these details to the public.

It is typical for travelers from countries like Iran to arrive with American dollars! Especially now with the Iranian currency being thrashed by the sanctions. American dollars are still the world's reserve currency. Did you not know that? Do you seriously think that an Iranian carrying American dollars in Thailand is any evidence they are American agents? Edited by Jingthing

Some of the posts alleging "false flag" operations or an attempt by some convoluted US/Zionist/UK conspiracy demonstrate;

1. A hatred so intense it blinds the proponent of such nonsense to the reality and/or,

2. Some serious mental health issues.

It has now been shown that at least 2 of the 3 participants were Iranian agents. One lost his legs as his grenade fell short after bouncing off a tree and , another was arrested at BKK. The Nation has reported that police arrested a man, identified as Mohammad Hazaei, 42, while he was waiting for a flight to Kuala Lumpur. I don't suppose any of the people alleging a false flag operation will retract their false claims and allegations.

It will be interesting to see if Thailand launches a diplomatic protest against Iran, or imposes visa restrictions. Thailand has to react and fast. To not do so will invite serious damage.

I reckon the chances Thailand will complain to Iran to be about zero. Yet watch out if the American embassy posts a truthful warning to their citizens! Edited by Jingthing

At this point it is highly speculative and actually a bit illogical to assume Iran has anything to do with this. Hezbollah is not Iran and is not even Iran based regardless of what Israel wants people to believe. It is a based in Lebanon and always has been. The only ties to Iran is the accusation that Iran provides financial support as does Syria as well as Muslims in general who provide most of its funding. It is a terrorist group whose main goal is/was ridding Lebanon of Israelis and Israeli influence ... though they seemed to have expanded this to wanting to see Israel wiped off the map. Their purpose is not to serve Iran and Iran's suspected support is due to believing in their extreme Islamic cause and not because Iran pulls their strings. By no means is Hezbollah a political tool of Iran but it does follow the extreme Islamic teachings of the late Ayatollah Khomeini.

Much like entering a movie theater 20 minutes after the show started, you have missed quite a bit in 700+ posts. Iranian passports found at the scene and on the bad guys. Iranian currency found in the safe house. It's all in the thread. Please do try to keep up.

Much like somebody with huge comprehension issues you fail to grasp, in my very clear post, that the Iranian government and citizens of Iran are two different things as Hezbollah is yet a third.. And yes, I missed any news reports of 3 passports found in the apartment or that any currency was found in the apartment. I did read that both Iranian and American (maybe working for the USA?) currency was found on the blown up guys pants along with his passport. Another man was caught at the airport attempting to leave the country but I guess he must have had another passport with him since you say his was at the house. The final unidentified man is on the run, I guess it is just taking time for officials to translate his name and copy his photo from his passport in order to provide these details to the public.

It is typical for travelers from countries like Iran to arrive with American dollars! Especially now with the Iranian currency being thrashed by the sanctions. American dollars are still the world's reserve currency. Did you not know that? Do you seriously think that an Iranian carrying American dollars in Thailand is any evidence they are American agents?

He also has Thai money, so he must be working for the Thai also, no? so funny!

Kudo's to keen razor edged collection of Dick Tracy's here on Thaivisa - outstanding work, sorting out that they were US agents engaged in a false flag opp that went awry.

now no resting on your laurels, time to get to work on Whitney’s and Winehouse's assassinations

Wow - didn't seem to be much blood - I thought having 2 legs blown off would have covered the place in claret

Dead men don't bleed

He wasn't dead when we picked him up and put him in the ambulance. As far as Im aware he is still alive at Chula Hospital. One leg was severed and the other hanging by tissue.

You are right there was not as much blood as you would expect but this kind of injury severs but also makes such a mess of the leg that it almost sealed itself. It was ripped off and so alomst closed in upon itself. I was quite surprised that it was not bleeding that badly but then he was left sitting there for at least 15 minutes before we decided to go in and get him.

The big worry was the big black bag that was sitting hext to him. We thought it couldbe another bomb but after seeing him start to faid (he was conscious and moving around when we first arrived) we decided we had to get him out or he would die for sure.

Yes it was risky but then the Thai rescue guys are like that, they would easily give their own life to save another, I went along because I am an EMT and work with these guys all the time. (A brother thing) stupid? Maybe, but thats life in the Thai rescue service. And to those who say we should have left him 1. We do not discriminate against anyone, terrorist or not. 2. At that time no one really knew who he was anyway.

• Like 2

It is typical for travelers from countries like Iran to arrive with American dollars! Especially now with the Iranian currency being thrashed by the sanctions. American dollars are still the world's reserve currency. Did you not know that? Do you seriously think that an Iranian carrying American dollars in Thailand is any evidence they are American agents?

Are you really so emotional over this incident that you can recognize obvious sarcasm and feel a need to express such nonsense when I was simply and logically pointing out that there is NOTHING to link these people to being part of or agents of the Iran government.

• Like 1

Are you really so emotional over this incident that you can recognize obvious sarcasm and feel a need to express such nonsense when I was simply and logically pointing out that there is NOTHING to link these people to being part of or agents of the Iran government.

Has it occurred to you that the "Iranian government" is in reality not only ONE entity but rather different forces that don't necessarily even talk to each other?
  • Like 1

Stay away from soi 4..........

Why do you persist in posting such rubbish...

Unless you're the third terrorist guy on the run, you and the rest of us have absolutely no idea as yet, where the terrorists were planning to strike...

Likewise, the international government terrorist warnings for Thai cities outside BKK mostly relate to the past Red Shirt/domestic Thailand violence -- not Middle Eastern terrorists. No one seriously thinks Middle Eastern terrorists have any reason to strike podunk Thai towns.

• Like 2

Does the Iranian regime want to provoke a war? Obviously not! But do they want to PREVENT a war by credibly stopping their nuclear development program? Also obviously not. While I understand why people think these recent attacks in India, Georgia, and Thailand appear irrational on the surface, one way to look at them is to continue to remind Israel that IF Israel bombs the Iranian nuclear program that Israel can expect a massive response both in Israel from Iran's proxies and in asymmetrical ways internationally. If Iran DID want to provoke a war right now, they would attack Israel right now, without using a proxy. They are trying to scare Israel from bombing their nuclear program, and it may work, the cost of doing that could easily be horribly high. My understanding is that right now Israeli public opinion is about evenly split on whether to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities and the main arguments against it are both it won't work and the blowback will be too much.

Edited by Jingthing

Kudo's to keen razor edged collection of Dick Tracy's here on Thaivisa - outstanding work, sorting out that they were US agents engaged in a false flag opp that went awry.

now no resting on your laurels, time to get to work on Whitney’s and Winehouse's assassinations

I agree it is ridiculous to believe such things given what we know right now but it would be just as ridiculous to not consider it as a remote possibility given the history of the US (and Israel) when it comes to such thing including 2 wars ... false 9/11 connection to Iraq and the excuse to escalate the Vietnam war because of a non-existent attack on the US Navy by ghost Vietcong boats. But again, I find it extremely far reaching to suggest this is the case now.

Stay away from soi 4..........

Why do you persist in posting such rubbish...

Unless you're the third terrorist guy on the run, you and the rest of us have absolutely no idea as yet, where the terrorists were planning to strike...

Likewise, the international government terrorist warnings for Thai cities outside BKK mostly relate to the past Red Shirt/domestic Thailand violence -- not Middle Eastern terrorists. No one seriously thinks Middle Eastern terrorists have any reason to strike podunk Thai towns.

Only major provincens have been targeted such as phuket chiangmai and chiangrai, This alert comes from the american embassy so i would trust it, they seem to be on top of things...and this has nothing to do with the red shirts. If i was you i would try to get my facts straight my friend! Edited by maeab

I agree it is ridiculous to believe such things given what we know right now but it would be just as ridiculous to not consider it as a remote possibility given the history of the US (and Israel) when it comes to such thing including 2 wars ... false 9/11 connection to Iraq and the excuse to escalate the Vietnam war because of a non-existent attack on the US Navy by ghost Vietcong boats. But again, I find it extremely far reaching to suggest this is the case now.

Well why don't you stop suggesting it then??

Why is everyone mentioning Soi 4? I think you mean Soi 3? Is there a link that mentions Sukhumvit Soi 4 being a target?

Many falangs hang out around that area and also nana plaza which is also close enough to be hit by the force of all that c4 it would have taken out 2 blocks at least leaving thousands dead and maimed.

Which is why they won't pick Soi 4, it is too close to Soi 3 and 5, where there terrorist supporters are.

Edited by z12

I keep wondering why Patong has never been targeted.

And take on the combined TukTuk and Jetski Mafia?

They may be suicidal religious fanatics hell bent on world domination, but they're not crazy!

Edited by necronx99
  • Like 1

American currency is not worth that much at the moment. I'd prefer Aussie to American or euro, get more for your dollar.

Does the Iranian want to provoke a war? Obviously not! But do they want to PREVENT a war by credibly stopping their nuclear development program? Also obviously not. While I understand why people think these recent attacks in India, Georgia, and Thailand appear irrational on the surface, one way to look at them is to continue to remind Israel that IF Israel bombs the Iranian nuclear program that Israel can expect a massive response both in Israel from Iran's proxies and in asymmetrical ways internationally. If Iran DID want to provoke a war right now, they would attack Israel right now, without using a proxy. They are trying to scare Israel from bombing their nuclear program, and it may work, the cost of doing that could easily be horribly high.

You are just as bad as the other extremists here ... there is absolutely no credible evidence at all to suggest the Iran government had any knowledge of any of these attacks.

Well of course there is the other extremists in the Israel Governments suspicions often stated as facts because they are hell bent on attacking Iran because of Iran's nuclear plants which is kind of funny considering Israel possess nuclear weapons and not only doesn't allow UN inspections but won't even admit to the world they have them ... yet they want to go to war with their neighbor for the claimed reason that they suspect Iran wants to do the same. The middle east of full of problems because of these idiotic nations (including Israel) who use religion as a means of control and silencing discontent. The world would be a much better place without any of these countries existing but instead the US chose a side, armed a side and financially supports one side ensuring this problem will never end.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Even being an American myself, there is no way to not describe honestly as terrorism a bombing of a major city (Baghdad) in a country that hasn't attacked you and has no plans on attacking you and having the admitted desire and operation name of "Shock and Awe"

As long as countries believe it is right for them to do something and not okay for others just because they believe they are on the right side of God or debate, terrorism will never stop.

Does the Iranian regime want to provoke a war? Obviously not! But do they want to PREVENT a war by credibly stopping their nuclear development program? Also obviously not. While I understand why people think these recent attacks in India, Georgia, and Thailand appear irrational on the surface, one way to look at them is to continue to remind Israel that IF Israel bombs the Iranian nuclear program that Israel can expect a massive response both in Israel from Iran's proxies and in asymmetrical ways internationally. If Iran DID want to provoke a war right now, they would attack Israel right now, without using a proxy. They are trying to scare Israel from bombing their nuclear program, and it may work, the cost of doing that could easily be horribly high. My understanding is that right now Israeli public opinion is about evenly split on whether to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities and the main arguments against it are both it won't work and the blowback will be too much.

Here we disagree, Ahmadinejad and Khamenai are both ardent 'twelvers' which means they believe in the coming of the Muslim messiah (Mahdi) will come about through war, great suffering and them fighting the Jews.